Let's start a good thread. List something positive today.

93 year old mother in law. She is tougher than nails. She can't weigh 90 pounds but still is sharp as tack. Wife's brother major stroke and might go before Mom. Both will die at home hopefully. My wife takes care of both. It's tough sometimes but the sacrifice is important. It's who we should be as humans.

One day you will miss it.
True. I’m not a soccer fan but I’ll watch my kids play whatever. I’ve been through the baseball circuit with my older sons. Golf with my other daughter. 10 yr difference between the two girls. So when the older ones were done playing and my youngest wasn’t playing anything yet....I did miss all that hectic stuff.

Today is Pi Day (3/14). Pig out at Cici's for $3.14. Lots of other pizza and other pie deals out there today.

1647438427853.png

The most positive thing today is that the US officially has 200K covid deaths. Trump made it clear that he has done a phenomenal job and gave himself an A+. You can't get more positive than an A+.
This is suppose to be a thread to list good and positive so give us the grade Biden should get? I am sure it will be good and positive.

Have a grand daughter in law That called and ask me if I could make her a couple of birdhouses. Didn't want to tell her I don't do those so two houses I did make. She did not tell me what type of birdhouses she wanted so Wren it is.
She'll probably get chickadees. Seems to be how it works for me

I have Carolina wrens around my place in NEO still, but I rarely see the smaller, less red ones that were all I used to see where I grew up, just 5 miles away. I wonder if one displaces the other ?

Nitpick: He's out on $150,000 personal recognizance bond. He didn't have to post a dime to get out of jail. If he doesn't appear to court, then he has to pay the bond.

Good News for the Yappis
That’s good news for America. Given the job market, Walmart will have to pony up to attract the numbers to hit that lofty goal of 50k US workers while reshaping their image for long term employment.

It’s also great news for my home value!

Another beautiful day today!

Since I’m driving up to Dayton to meet a friend after he gets off work, I may head up early to hike at John Bryan State Park.
I did not see this until today, I suggest travel a little farther east and hike the Clifton Gorge Now if you have the time you could do both since they do connect. When hiking those parts I always wonder if I stepped on a spot that Daniel Boone did when he escape being captive from the Shawnee camp at Chillicothe (Now Old Town).

Finally secured the 13th bottle of bourbon for a small project I’m working on. I had been searching for this one for awhile. Now I have to order a 10 liter barrel. In a few months I’ll have my first house blend of bourbon.

Essentially what I will be doing is pouring 13-ish bottles of bourbon I like into a 10 liter barrel. I probably wont try to age it any further, just trying to make my own blend of some good bourbons. I’ll probably let it sit for 3-4 weeks before rebottling it with custom labels designed by my wife.