Jerry Snodgrass Resigns

You would have to move baseball to the fall or some schools would not be able to field a team.
I should have been more detailed:
You think Seniors are going to risk playing spring football? Shoot, the real good ones are enrolled @ said University in Jan!

These next couple of days could get real interesting. If they decide to move baseball to the Fall, they probably need to make that decision very quickly to get the coaching, scheduling, umpires, and players setup.

The board knows that and I am sure people (admin and coaches) have been saying that needs to be an option and JS was having none of it.

These next couple of days could get real interesting. If they decide to move baseball to the Fall, they probably need to make that decision very quickly to get the coaching, scheduling, umpires, and players setup.
I’d think they could start in mid September and have a shortened season that could end before they are playing in 40 degree weather. Especially the way early fall is nothing but a late summer in Ohio anymore.

I believe it was the Michigan Governor that made this suggestion. If the Great Lakes Governors are having this discussion, it is something that needs to be on the table. Still hope it doesn't come to this but I am starting to see it trending that way.

I believe it was the Michigan Governor that made this suggestion. If the Great Lakes Governors are having this discussion, it is something that needs to be on the table. Still hope it doesn't come to this but I am starting to see it trending that way.

Only thing that could make sense is technically, a lot of baseball is going on statewide right now, not like the guys wouldn't be ready.

Every school is currently operating as if the fall sports are the ones "on deck".

It would be a significant change to flip the switch to have the (normal) spring sports be the ones "up to bat" first.

As a fall sport official, I already have a schedule of scrimmages and games for the upcoming season, with some holes still do fill. I also officiate a spring sport, and I am getting limited assignments right now in that sport during the non-high school summer season. If there is to be a fall scholastic season for the spring sports, they better unveil those plans very soon. Another factor to consider (especially for baseball) is that athletes have planned non-interscholastic tournaments for August on the premise that's not a school-season time, and then there's "fall ball" (though that's a slightly easier situation to shift out).

goodluck jerry! thanks for everything. wish him the best. he was in a tough situation- dewine didn’t help him at all!

I hope the truth about what actions (or inactions) by Jerry Snodgrass that led to his forced resignation come out publicly. I also hope the people responsible comment about it on the record.

The reason I think this really could be about switching seasons is that the OHSAA could cancel football games right up to kickoff. They could hope for the best and if nothing goes bad, let the games be played. But if you are thinking about switching seasons, it needs to be done now. There is alot of work to be done to move any of the Spring sports to the Fall.

Baseball will not get switched. Again to possibly lose a second straight season, no way that happens. Spring Football could operate for the most part before a late baseball season begins.

The reason I think this really could be about switching seasons is that the OHSAA could cancel football games right up to kickoff. They could hope for the best and if nothing goes bad, let the games be played. But if you are thinking about switching seasons, it needs to be done now. There is alot of work to be done to move any of the Spring sports to the Fall.
And its March, no vaccine, daily cases are still prevalent than what? The virus is here. Protect the best we can and play ball.

I don't know much about the finances of the association, but is this about saving football/basketball and who cares about the rest?

Baseball will not get switched. Again to possibly lose a second straight season, no way that happens. Spring Football could operate for the most part before a late baseball season begins.
Either way, football will be played in the spring if it’s not in the fall.

If you move the season back it will be a mess what about all the teams they play out of state teams?

Every school is currently operating as if the fall sports are the ones "on deck".

It would be a significant change to flip the switch to have the (normal) spring sports be the ones "up to bat" first.

As a fall sport official, I already have a schedule of scrimmages and games for the upcoming season, with some holes still do fill. I also officiate a spring sport, and I am getting limited assignments right now in that sport during the non-high school summer season. If there is to be a fall scholastic season for the spring sports, they better unveil those plans very soon. Another factor to consider (especially for baseball) is that athletes have planned non-interscholastic tournaments for August on the premise that's not a school-season time, and then there's "fall ball" (though that's a slightly easier situation to shift out).

Bucksman......

Always interjecting logic into speculation......

The no comment as far as reasoning is baffling. It’s got to be tied to something major...everything about this smells

too many moving parts and too little time for this to happen...and they just removed the head man ? idk how that signals a full fledged sports flop now.