IVC Football 2019

Trail did it in 1994, had a big dog QB went to Kentucky, Snedaker. They beat Garaway that year in week 11.

Trail did it in 1994, had a big dog QB went to Kentucky, Snedaker. They beat Garaway that year in week 11.
That was a hard fought game that went down to the wire. It was also done when only the top 4 of a region made the playoffs. Lost the next week to Wellsville for their second time that season only loss in the regular season.

Malvern has a ton to play for. Week 10 could prove interesting like Tusky Valley derailing Garaway.
Agree, but you never know, don’t forget what happened to your great pirates last year to leave you no where to go week 11 ?
To bad my pirates plays w the big boys must be nice. #reality check next yr get use to finishing middle of the pack.
How many playoff wins do you guys have? Lol you played I.V i kniw we lost too but we are 6 and 6 against them wood is Wood. We other then this yr has held our own agaist them. Plz

Sandy Valley has beaten every single school in the IVC south in the last 7 years so don’t make it like Sandy Valley can’t compete..and Sandy Valley would beat Garaway this year by 10 +so get off your almighty high horse pirate flash

Sandy Valley has beaten every single school in the IVC south in the last 7 years so don’t make it like Sandy Valley can’t compete..and Sandy Valley would beat Garaway this year by 10 +so get off your almighty high horse pirate flash
The one lonely win against Garaway LOL

Your funny beat someone or better yet take your Cards and fly out of here. S.V would not beat Garaway by 10+ ✋ embarrassing yourself who the f has s.v beat this yr answer no one. Yea Garaway has not played great teams but did beat a playoff Bellaire team. BTW my pirates have won 14/16 past match ups.

Quit acting like Garaway is Alabama we have about the same strength of schedule..Garaways qb isn’t even close to Cam Blair.

If you are truly from Newcomerstown you realize that they used to be really competitive, but did not have a stellar playoff record. That does not mean they were not good in sports during this time. The cleveland browns were really good in the late 80s early 90s, but did not have a stellar playoff record or any super bowl appearances, still found them enjoyable

There is a big difference between being good locally and being good on a statewide level.

To bad my pirates plays w the big boys must be nice. #reality check next yr get use to finishing middle of the pack.
How many playoff wins do you guys have? Lol you played I.V i kniw we lost too but we are 6 and 6 against them wood is Wood. We other then this yr has held our own agaist them. Plz
Pirate, referencing that Malvern could upset the Apple cart against the cards this week like happened to your Pirates against the Trojans sure makes you upset. I’m sorry, Tusky Valley didn’t win that game last year, your team is Alabama, you play a D2 schedule like Canton Central catholic and are a perennial powerhouse like never seen before. ?

I would kinda agree with your last statement damage. Although it appears that some of the teams do quite well in the state. To answer your first question. no they have no state titles. If your comparing the IVC to the MAC, Ill take the MAC. If you are comparing to the federal league the ECOL the PAC, MVL, i think it compares

fancestander - Trail actually played Berne Union the following week in week 12 and won.

That region looked like this

4. Buckeye Trail vs 1. Garaway @ Newark White Field
3. Berne Union vs 2. Woodsfield @ Cambridge

Buckeye Trail vs Berne Union @ Newark White Field

Buckeye Trail vs Wellsville @ St. Clairsville

Wellsville lost to Varsailles in the state championship.

So enough of this banter, let's talk week 10! Any upsets brewing? I don't see Garaway making the same mistake this year, Claymont stands zero chance against IV tonight. I don't see Malvern beating SV. Could Newcomerstown possibly ruin Ridgewood's shot at 10-0? Heard some rumblings at Chilly Willys that the Trojans are back.. Talk about a career win for Mr. Gadd and the boys. Could Ridgewood be looking ahead to week 11?

So enough of this banter, let's talk week 10! Any upsets brewing? I don't see Garaway making the same mistake this year, Claymont stands zero chance against IV tonight. I don't see Malvern beating SV. Could Newcomerstown possibly ruin Ridgewood's shot at 10-0? Heard some rumblings at Chilly Willys that the Trojans are back.. Talk about a career win for Mr. Gadd and the boys. Could Ridgewood be looking ahead to week 11?
Trojans over the Wood would be the biggest upset in the IVC this year. As good as Ridgewood's coaching staff is, I doubt they or any of their players are looking past this week.

fancestander - Trail actually played Berne Union the following week in week 12 and won.

That region looked like this

4. Buckeye Trail vs 1. Garaway @ Newark White Field
3. Berne Union vs 2. Woodsfield @ Cambridge

Buckeye Trail vs Berne Union @ Newark White Field

Buckeye Trail vs Wellsville @ St. Clairsville

Wellsville lost to Varsailles in the state championship.
Yeah in my head I had the first two games backwards but it was 25 yrs ago.

Final IVC Standings
1. Ridgewood
2. Indian Valley
3. Garaway
4. Sandy Valley
5. Buckeye Trail
6. East Canton
7. Newcomerstown
8. Malvern
9. Tusky Valley
10. TCC/Strasburg winner
11. TCC/ Strasburg loser
12. Claymont

SV beat Ridgewood one time in which Wood went 5-5 that year arguably their worse season ever . SV has beaten Ridgewood one time EVER , so don’t say they can compete . They begged and pleaded to be in the small school division because they knew they can’t compete with Wood , Garaway and IV . Next year they will find out what it’s like lol

Don’t
Trojans over the Wood would be the biggest upset in the IVC this year. As good as Ridgewood's coaching staff is, I doubt they or any of their players are looking past this week.
think
Quit acting like Garaway is Alabama we have about the same strength of schedule..Garaways qb isn’t even close to Cam Blair.
and neither of them can hold a candle to Gabe Tingle

Gotta love to see SV fans beating their chest after winning back to back small school titles after SV begged to be in small school because they KNOW they can’t run with wood garaway or IV. They can talk about how they would beat garaway by 10+ but we’ll never know because the softies in Sandy wanna beat up on the IVCs D7 schools. Have fun at Kirtland. Certainly no TCC Strasburg EC or Malvern. Absolute joke.

SV beat Ridgewood one time in which Wood went 5-5 that year arguably their worse season ever . SV has beaten Ridgewood one time EVER , so don’t say they can compete . They begged and pleaded to be in the small school division because they knew they can’t compete with Wood , Garaway and IV . Next year they will find out what it’s like lol
Don't be such an , i was on a Sandy team that beat Ridgewood back in '78... They came to SV on a 20-some game winning streak and we sent them home with their tails up their ... If you are gonna join the site, please get your facts straight BUB!!!!!

Gotta love to see SV fans beating their chest after winning back to back small school titles after SV begged to be in small school because they KNOW they can’t run with wood garaway or IV. They can talk about how they would beat garaway by 10+ but we’ll never know because the softies in Sandy wanna beat up on the IVCs D7 schools. Have fun at Kirtland. Certainly no TCC Strasburg EC or Malvern. Absolute joke.
Another NEWBIE... Don't be an idiot.... Sandy will go to Kirtland and let it all out on the field, just as the other IVC teams will do in week 11... Huge underdogs, yes, but they will take the field.... Quit F'n hating so much!!!!

Don't be such an , i was on a Sandy team that beat Ridgewood back in '78... They came to SV on a 20-some game winning streak and we sent them home with their tails up their ... If you are gonna join the site, please get your facts straight BUB!!!!!
Ridgewood had a 20 something game winning streak snapped by your team in ‘78? Hmmm
1976 record- 5-5
1977 record 6-4
How were they on a 20 game win streak in 1978?

Ridgewood had a 20 something game winning streak snapped by your team in ‘78? Hmmm
1976 record- 5-5
1977 record 6-4
How were they on a 20 game win streak in 1978?
[/QUO
Never mind I can see by one of your words in your post that you’re not actually an SV guy.... BUB!!
Never mind I can see by one of your words in your post that you’re not actually an SV guy.... BUB!!
I am a SV guy, the name is Rod Weber, class of '79!!! I'm not one to hide behind a keyboard!!!!!!

SV will play Kirtland, and most likely whatever result the outcome is would be just about the the outcome would be if Wood,Way or IV would play them. It’s funny how SOME wood and Way fans espouse Sandy playing in a smaller league when this is what they did for years before the expansion hit, and as far as I know never left. Playing schools such as Vern, TCC etc, hell even Connotton valley. Upgrade to a bigger league after beating up on those smaller schools then all of a sudden it’s a problem. SV is doing it for a few years, Wood made decades out of this. You can’t make this stuff up the hypocrisy. Now for the Wood fans with class, like the chicken. No harm meant. But let’s call the spade a spade on the 30 years of chest beating. And let’s not get started on IV playing in a D5, they are D4 and a good program. Maybe they should move up one division instead of down? Dover and new Philadelphia is right there in their back yard. Have you made the call to play them? I bet not. Hypocrites.

Last edited: