IVC Football 2019

Way to represent Sandy Valley. I was wrong and I admit it. Sounds like you gave the defending state champs all they wanted. Good job! The other games went as expected other than the IV game. Sounds like their defense kind of layed an egg. I thought they had a good chance to make the regional final in 15.

Sandy valley had a chance to tie the game with 4 minutes left..we had a receiver wide open and went right through his hands...it was a hell of a game!!

Wow great effort by Sandy Valley tonight.. I’ll take my crow medium rare..

Great win for the Pirates tonight. And another winnable game against Manchester next week.

Malvern... that’s just a tough draw.. gotta be happy with making it to week 11.. congrats on a good season.

IV.. thought they would win but sometimes just doesn’t go that way. Battled to the end.

And now Ridgewood. Dominate in every facet. Much like they should have. Not sure how Portsmouth won 8 games. That team was not very good. Gear up for the pirates next week! And good luck garaway!

Last edited:
Great effort by S.V, wood did wood things, great job pirates that was a really good team we beat at their place. Stuck w mogadore so great w.

Good luck to Garaway and Ridgewood the rest of the season!!! I’d also like to apologize for getting fired up on here haha just defending my cardinals as a die hard!! No hard feelings!!
Great effort by your Cardinals, I tip my hat.
But in the words of Doc Holiday “We started a game we never got to finish, play for blood remember?”

Good luck to Garaway and Ridgewood the rest of the season!!! I’d also like to apologize for getting fired up on here haha just defending my cardinals as a die hard!! No hard feelings!!
Look it's ok great job last week you showed kirtland what I.V.C football is all about.

LETS GO PIRATES AND GENERALES BEAT THE PANTHERS AND THE BAD PIRATES.

WOOD JUST COLOR WHEELERSBURG PLAYERS RED BLUE WHITE AND BEAT THOSE PIRATES

Both Garaway and Ridgewood have a great opportunity to advance this week. Will be tougher for Ridgewood than it was last week but I like their chances to advance over Wheelersburg. Ridgewood hasn't missed a beat yet this year and looked mighty impressive last week. Came out fast and the game was essentially over in the first quarter. Great effort on both sides of the ball. Hopefully they can carry the same mindset and intensity to Lancaster. Garaway is playing a Manchester team that I think they should be able to compete with and potentially come away with a win. IV smoked them earlier this year however it appears that they have been playing much better football later in the year as they have beaten Orville and Cuyahoga valley who are both playing in week 12 and and rolled last week over Rootstown.

Manchester is playing their best football of the year right now and from watching Manchester’s running back last year, that guy is a freak!!!

On the Garaway-Manchester thread there was a bit of a debate over whether Manchester or Garaway had a stronger schedule this year. One poster pointed to the strength of schedule ratings on Drew Pasteur's Fantastic 50 website. Out of curiosity I looked up all the SoS rankings for IVC teams this year. Here they are:

Division IV
Claymont - 31 of 106
Indian Valley - 43 of 106

Division V
Garaway - 72 of 107
Ridgewood - 80 of 107
Sandy Valley - 90 of 107

Division VI
Tusky Valley - 15 of 105
East Canton - 21 of 105
Newcomerstown 72 of 105
Buckeye Trail - 74 of 105

Division VII
Malvern - 17 0f 104
Strasburg - 18 of 104
TCC - 22 of 104

Not sure exactly how his site calculates these rankings but I thought they were interesting to look at.

Good teams bounce back from a week like that. And buckle down and get a big win I just don’t think their a very good team this year. But I also agree that the Ridgewood game probably brought them down to earth. Garaway always thinks their don’t stink.
That may be true, but Pirate fans know the difference between "their" and "they're". Sorry. Couldn't resist.

whoever wins in the garaway manchester game will more then likely see kirtland and id imagine they're a little mad they almost got upset. tough road for either team.

Wood rolled big time, 42-17. The game reached a running clock at one point. Very impressive once again, Ironton next week. Congrats to the Garaway Pirates on their season as well.

Well, hopefully Ridgewood and do something special in the next three weeks and make this a successful postseason for the IVC. They've certainly looked the part all season.

Top 5 in IVC overall..
In my opinion.

1- Ridgewood
2- East Canton
3- Garaway
4- Sandy Valley
5- Indian valley

In that order...
I know I'm a EC fan but they return alot.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Fan18 May have missed on East Canton this season

The only reason I put Ridgewood above EC is because they do not play each other this year. And if you doubt putting EC above Garaway, we will be able to witness that battle this year.

Good luck to all IVC teams this year!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
And we did all witness Garaway vs East Canton this year.

I don’t see Newcomerstown being ahead of TV. I think they have a shot of beating either Fairfield Christian Academy or Conotton in their non league schedule. But other than those two, I don’t see them winning another game. They could be competitive with trail, claymont or Strasburg but don’t think they’ll win any of those three.
I’m hearing positive things coming from strasburg. Hopefully they can turn that program around and get it going again.

This didn't age well

Newcomerstown will not be ahead of the biddy team I coach. It's sad that it has come to this. There is no interest and any kid that has a spec of athletic talent just leaves. The brass at Newcomerstown really needs to rethink their thought process. The current coach is not the answer but they will keep bringing him back either A. because he's one of the good ole boys, or B. because no one else wants that job. I heard grumblings of them trying to lure Cabot away from Ridgewood but I don't see him leaving anytime soon as long as he can continue to ride Tingle's coat tail. Looking back, Slusher looks like a genius when he convinced Cabot to play the Tingle kid as a freshman. Excited to see what he can bring to the table as a sophomore.

And this certainly didn't age well.