How good is Glenville?

It's not naievete. It's the truth. If North Canton City Schools chooses to be closed-enrollment, that's their choice. Cleveland Municipal School District chooses to be open-enrollment. That's their choice. The fact that you dislike that is irrelevant.
North Canton once had a kid named Erick Howard living with the football coach, or some such thing. Great player. Turned out to be an ugly story.

I’m not going along with the folks who believe Glenville can’t be beaten in the playoffs because I know they can be beaten. I am comfortable seeing the as the favorite in D4, though. Doesn’t guarantee a win.
How many games have Glenville lost down through the years due to a lack of a kicking game?

It's not naievete. It's the truth. If North Canton City Schools chooses to be closed-enrollment, that's their choice. Cleveland Municipal School District chooses to be open-enrollment. That's their choice. The fact that you dislike that is irrelevant.
The discussion is Ginn recruiting, of course he does especially early on when Glenville first showed up on the map.

The discussion is Ginn recruiting, of course he does especially early on when Glenville first showed up on the map.
The kids WANT to go there. No one was/is being recruited. What part of that do you not understand?

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
I’d take that bet all day.
I should have looked closer. Your a Chardon fan who thinks Glenville is the 2nd best program in the history of football because they “gave you a game” last year. You have a court me great years and now your arrogance roars. You don’t have enough money to make the bet I want. If you do we can certainly find a way to let someone hold our cash until the winner is decided. IM me if you want to take the bet.

The kids WANT to go there. No one was/is being recruited. What part of that do you not understand?
Off course they want to go there. The point is how they manipulated the enrollment to “attract NCAA D1 caliber athletes and play down 3 divisions. You know, I know it and anyone with a brain knows it….. it was created so Ginn could win a title one way or another. Even if takes dropping down 3 divisions. There’s a reason they have never won a title. Even you could coach that talent to a senate league championship and 3 playoff wins. Denying that they were created to bringing in superior talent to go against small community based mediocre talented teams is being blind. It really is a sham. They can’t hang with Big Boys so they Try D1, then D2, then D3 and now D4. Maybe, maybe they can skip D5 and D6 and win one in D7. Scared of the big boys so now they want to try and bully their way to a title. They won’t win D4 either.

Off course they want to go there. The point is how they manipulated the enrollment to “attract NCAA D1 caliber athletes and play down 3 divisions. You know, I know it and anyone with a brain knows it….. it was created so Ginn could win a title one way or another. Even if takes dropping down 3 divisions. There’s a reason they have never won a title. Even you could coach that talent to a senate league championship and 3 playoff wins. Denying that they were created to bringing in superior talent to go against small community based mediocre talented teams is being blind. It really is a sham. They can’t hang with Big Boys so they Try D1, then D2, then D3 and now D4. Maybe, maybe they can skip D5 and D6 and win one in D7. Scared of the big boys so now they want to try and bully their way to a title. They won’t win D4 either.
What are you talking about? They play in division the OHSAA assigned. Geesh.

I should have looked closer. Your a Chardon fan who thinks Glenville is the 2nd best program in the history of football because they “gave you a game” last year. You have a court me great years and now your arrogance roars. You don’t have enough money to make the bet I want. If you do we can certainly find a way to let someone hold our cash until the winner is decided. IM me if you want to take the bet.
You’ll see. I’ll say I told you so and that’ll be that. You protect your comments by saying things like “Glenville is the front runner but don’t be surprised if someone knocks them off.” Those are weak takes. Pick someone from the field and have some confidence big $$!

Haaaaaa. Seriously?!

It’s not recruiting because Ginn Academy doesn’t offer ohsaa sanctioned sports.They come to the academy for the education but just so happens that more often than not they play football at Glenville. But again, the academy doesn’t offer sports so they aren’t being “recruited” by Glenville. They have found the ultimate loophole. Something other larger city school systems should imitate to level the playing field with the large catholic schools.

What are you talking about? They play in division the OHSAA assigned. Geesh.
Come on bro. Your team is one of those that they ran from because they could not beat you. Add the Iggy’s, Mentors, St X’s, Elder etc. I’d love to know what the enrollment of “The Ginn Academy PLUS Glenville High School is. Maybe you’re defending them as a fellow recruiting brother 😉

I said I wouldn’t respond back to this thread until early December to say I told you so, but I couldn’t pass this one up.

You state above Chardon’s had a couple good years. If you consider this a couple good years I feel sorry for you - 3 State Champions, 1 Runner-Up, 8 Final Fours, 19 Playoff Appearances.

Oh, I almost forgot the most important thing, a 3-1 OVERALL RECORD AGAINST YOUR BIG RED, which includes one of the worst loses in Steubenville football lore, 38-0 in 1998.

Please do more research before you make an uneducated comment like that. Especially when Chardon is one of the most successful public school programs in Ohio.

See you December.

Come on bro. Your team is one of those that they ran from because they could not beat you. Add the Iggy’s, Mentors, St X’s, Elder etc. I’d love to know what the enrollment of “The Ginn Academy PLUS Glenville High School is. Maybe you’re defending them as a fellow recruiting brother 😉
There is so much wrong here, lol. Glenville, when it was a Division I school, has beat Iggy, Ed's and Mentor (they also played some marquee national competition ... winning some of those and usually always competitive).

Glenville definitely has not run from anybody. The three games they can control are still against all top competition. Plus, enrollment at Ginn/Glenville combined would put them D2/D3. But why should they have to take on the enrollment of every student at Ginn when not every student at Ginn plays for Glenville (though yes, most athletes at Ginn, so I won't argue it should add something to the competitive balance number).

Seems like there is a lot of coded posts in here. Will Glenville win the state title this year, who knows? Personally, I would say yes, based on what they did the first three weeks against three solid teams.

I'll also like to point out that while Glenville does get the bulk of the Senate talent due to their success. Let's also not forget that Glenville has a very successful muny program, Glenville Titans, and most of their internal talent comes through that program. That program has been top notch forever and has fed a bunch of talent into suburban and private schools as well. So as much talent as they gain from outside sources, they probably lose the same amount. Their success isn't by accident even though they are a lightning rod and a lot of people think it's just some inner-city all-star team that was thrown together.

As rough as the Glenville neighorhood is, there is a lot of community pride there. There are a lot of neighorhoods in Cleveland that have the same type of demographics as Glenville, but none of them are even close in terms of putting together a program where kids grow up wanting to play for them like they do at Glenville.

I said I wouldn’t respond back to this thread until early December to say I told you so, but I couldn’t pass this one up.

You state above Chardon’s had a couple good years. If you consider this a couple good years I feel sorry for you - 3 State Champions, 1 Runner-Up, 8 Final Fours, 19 Playoff Appearances.

Oh, I almost forgot the most important thing, a 3-1 OVERALL RECORD AGAINST YOUR BIG RED, which includes one of the worst loses in Steubenville football lore, 38-0 in 1998.

Please do more research before you make an uneducated comment like that. Especially when Chardon is one of the most successful public school programs in Ohio.

See you December.
I got what I wanted. Riling you up is fun. I know the history of all the blue blood programs in Ohio. And anyone else that does knows quite well that Chardon is one of those blue bloods. Take it easy bro. I was just looking for some humility from you.

There is so much wrong here, lol. Glenville, when it was a Division I school, has beat Iggy, Ed's and Mentor (they also played some marquee national competition ... winning some of those and usually always competitive).

Glenville definitely has not run from anybody. The three games they can control are still against all top competition. Plus, enrollment at Ginn/Glenville combined would put them D2/D3. But why should they have to take on the enrollment of every student at Ginn when not every student at Ginn plays for Glenville (though yes, most athletes at Ginn, so I won't argue it should add something to the competitive balance number).

Seems like there is a lot of coded posts in here. Will Glenville win the state title this year, who knows? Personally, I would say yes, based on what they did the first three weeks against three solid teams.

I'll also like to point out that while Glenville does get the bulk of the Senate talent due to their success. Let's also not forget that Glenville has a very successful muny program, Glenville Titans, and most of their internal talent comes through that program. That program has been top notch forever and has fed a bunch of talent into suburban and private schools as well. So as much talent as they gain from outside sources, they probably lose the same amount. Their success isn't by accident even though they are a lightning rod and a lot of people think it's just some inner-city all-star team that was thrown together.

As rough as the Glenville neighorhood is, there is a lot of community pride there. There are a lot of neighorhoods in Cleveland that have the same type of demographics as Glenville, but none of them are even close in terms of putting together a program where kids grow up wanting to play for them like they do at Glenville.
This is a very good and sounds like educated post. I don’t know a damn thing about the inter workings of Cleveland City Schools.

I’ve said this several times on this thread. “Glenville” is the paper favorite and most talented team in the field. Much respect to Coach Ginn and what he does for inner city youth.

I love all the banter by us grown men. I have no cards in this game, but I have watched The Ville play this year and they are the real deal. But no idea if they will roll through states. There are too many factors - weather, injuries, play calling, turnovers, penalties, the kicking game that can cause a monster to be scared one night. So, betting with all your money Rockefeller (crimson and black) is humorous. Whats next Coldwinfblows, you going to tell him your dad can beat up his dad. What is this 4th grade? So go outside behind the tree at recess and settle it. hahaha ! I can't blame The Ville for any wrongdoing because every school does it in every sport in every region at every level. Hell, parents have been holding back the stud wrestlers because of " grades" just to give him another year for the past 15 years. If your team loses oh well, shut up and live another day. Dont blame the system or don't blame the kids. I mean who is even going to remember 15 years from now who won the 2022-23 Ohio State Div IV title?

oh wait - Ya' all will and continue to live in the past and argue about it. Thanks for keeping a loser like me laughing with all this .

I got what I wanted. Riling you up is fun. I know the history of all the blue blood programs in Ohio. And anyone else that does knows quite well that Chardon is one of those blue bloods. Take it easy bro. I was just looking for some humility from you.
Kids, this is a great lesson in pride. How do you know that pride is getting the best of you? When you focus on & take joy in trying to humble others . . .

Kids, this is a great lesson in pride. How do you know that pride is getting the best of you? When you focus on & take joy in trying to humble others . . .
Seeing if there is humility and respect for others and trying to "humble" someone are different things. I'm not clear what you were going for here?

Seeing if there is humility and respect for others and trying to "humble" someone are different things. I'm not clear what you were going for here?
Don't disagree with you. Let's just say that I didn't find his intentions that honorable. Like a little kid who lies, then gets caught in the lie and say "I was just fooling"

Well don’t blame glenville blame ohsaa smart one

I love all the banter by us grown men. I have no cards in this game, but I have watched The Ville play this year and they are the real deal. But no idea if they will roll through states. There are too many factors - weather, injuries, play calling, turnovers, penalties, the kicking game that can cause a monster to be scared one night. So, betting with all your money Rockefeller (crimson and black) is humorous. Whats next Coldwinfblows, you going to tell him your dad can beat up his dad. What is this 4th grade? So go outside behind the tree at recess and settle it. hahaha ! I can't blame The Ville for any wrongdoing because every school does it in every sport in every region at every level. Hell, parents have been holding back the stud wrestlers because of " grades" just to give him another year for the past 15 years. If your team loses oh well, shut up and live another day. Dont blame the system or don't blame the kids. I mean who is even going to remember 15 years from now who won the 2022-23 Ohio State Div IV title?

oh wait - Ya' all will and continue to live in the past and argue about it. Thanks for keeping a loser like me laughing with all this .
Your right. I get out of character at times. Sometimes when I’ve had one more drink than I should have. But don’t forget, the real and original “Ville” is Steubenville, home of The Mighty Big Red! I just read my own posts….. it was kind of silly. RRR