How good is Glenville?

Glenville isn’t winning the title. Their coaching will eventually get in the way as it always does.
Don't know if you realize, that Ted Ginn Jr. is on the staff now, since retiring from the NFL. 14 years of NFL experience will definitely help the coaching.

Problem is being locked into the Senate, the schedules are probably already made out for the league games. Including Week 10 probably.
But I'm sure the Senate can make concessions to the Ville. If the Ginns went to the powers that be and explained in order for Glenville be at its peak come playoff time they need a strong week 10 opponent. They could either play a Senate game week 3 or drop a Senate game altogether. I'm sure they would prefer playing 4 OOC teamss

But I'm sure the Senate can make concessions to the Ville. If the Ginns went to the powers that be and explained in order for Glenville be at its peak come playoff time they need a strong week 10 opponent. They could either play a Senate game week 3 or drop a Senate game altogether. I'm sure they would prefer playing 4 OOC teamss
I do see what your saying, but they have been so used to this schedule over the years, I really don't think it effects them that much come playoff time. Remember also they are in D4 now, and also getting a top 4 seed at least, their Round 1 game probably not going to be very difficult either.

Ya know ColdWind, there are two types of people and teams. “Those that are humble AND those about to be humble” That was quote from Coach Sac. Show a little humility. You better hope those young men at Ginn Academy aren’t thinking like you. If they are, they will get humbled.
You will soon be humbled! Keep standing on the sidelines with those responses.

There won't be any tight games, throw your biggest questions out the window.
I understand your(other Chardon) fans affinity towards Glenville; They gave you a pretty good game last year on your way to a state title last year.

You know who else beat them last year? Olentangy Liberty 7-6. Did Olentangy Liberty beat Steubenville in 2021? I’ve seen OL play & they have a solid team, & believe me if they can “play” with Glenville then that tells me the top 6/7 in D4 can beat them with no perfect game required. They were in D4 last year, & even the team that sent them packing did not win it

Glenville most talented team in D4? Yes
D4 favorite? On paper yes, but they will have stiff competition come regional championship time with Van Wert, West Holmes. If they make it that far they could be staring down Wyoming(?) Steubenville(?) in back to back weeks.

It’s just strange to me how you go from D1 to D4 in relatively short amount of time. Why has Glenville’s numbers declined so much? Also as they have declined have the numbers at Ginn Academy gone up?

The numbers mean NOTHING when it comes to bandit programs. Glenville is a bandit program.
Benedictine is a bandit program (0-6 of course), VASJ is a bandit program, “Saint” Edward Is bandit and so are “Lutheran” West/East and Elyria Baptist.

these schools could never win with Catholics only, or in the case of Glenville, neighborhood kids.

None of the “programs” listed above are impressive. They poach, they cheat and then they beat their chests.

I hope Glenville wins. I know it doens't seem fair, but what people forget is that these are not suburban or rural kids. I know they have a lot of individual talent, but you still have to field a team, and many of those kids come from very tough situations. A disciplined, team from the country or a good small catholic school team will give them fits.

falguin. I do agree with a great deal of that. Good points. And truthfully that is what HS football is about.
Guarantee that no “private donors” are paying their way into Glenville.

I hope Glenville wins. I know it doens't seem fair, but what people forget is that these are not suburban or rural kids. I know they have a lot of individual talent, but you still have to field a team, and many of those kids come from very tough situations. A disciplined, team from the country or a good small catholic school team will give them fits.
Glenville rolled, a D2 Catholic school this year, and beat a top 5 Avon team in D2.

Steubenville has no chance against Glenville, which goes the same for the remaining DIV teams. That said, I understand everyone’s belief in their teams chances to advance to a State Championship and that’s why HS football is so great. But it is what it is, Glenville is just that much better than any team in this Division. I’ll come back in a little over two months and tell you I told you so.

The above is simply not true. Glenville is good. But what has Glenville done to “ink” a state title in a darn good division?
Smash mouth football in November on a neutral field where the fans of the opponent WAY outnumber yours is different than a week 2 win over Avon where some of the circumstances surrounding the game were very very unique and tough.

The numbers mean NOTHING when it comes to bandit programs. Glenville is a bandit program.
Benedictine is a bandit program (0-6 of course), VASJ is a bandit program, “Saint” Edward Is bandit and so are “Lutheran” West/East and Elyria Baptist.

these schools could never win with Catholics only, or in the case of Glenville, neighborhood kids.

None of the “programs” listed above are impressive. They poach, they cheat and then they beat their chests.
But tell us how you REALLY feel…

Let me guess, you also think college kids are not loyal to their schools when they leave early for the draft? Heaven forbid a kid gets the chance to improve their situation. A family might not be able to afford the move to Mentor or Strongsville, but if their kid has a chance to use football to get to college I have ZERO issue with them changing schools to make that happen.

The above is simply not true. Glenville is good. But what has Glenville done to “ink” a state title in a darn good division?
Smash mouth football in November on a neutral field where the fans of the opponent WAY outnumber yours is different than a week 2 win over Avon where some of the circumstances surrounding the game were very very unique and tough.
Wait, when did winning on a neutral field become harder than winning on an opponent’s homefield? I must have missed that memo.

Opponent fans always way outnumber Glenville. Their home games are 90% at 4pm on Friday, the closest they get to a big crowd is if they play a Cleveland suburb like Heights or Euclid.

Glenville does a lot of gun and pistol pro and doubles sets, but Ginn will line up and run Iso, wham, and dive at you. While they’re technique isn’t the greatest, unless you’re a top level in the state team like Kirtland, Chardon, etc you have a high chance of being steamrolled. Discipline and mental errors will be the deciding factor against them.

I don’t think Steubenville needs any advice or tips from Chardon fans regarding state title games. Big Red won & lost championships in D2, D3, D4, it is what it is. You can’t even realistically think about something 9-10 weeks away right now.

You got any Chardon, Ohsaa D1-D7, Super Bowl, College Football Championship predictions I can reference in the future as well?

I don’t think Steubenville needs any advice or tips from Chardon fans regarding state title games. Big Red won & lost championships in D2, D3, D4, it is what it is. You can’t even realistically think about something 9-10 weeks away right now.

You got any Chardon, Ohsaa D1-D7, Super Bowl, College Football Championship predictions I can reference in the future as well?
No!! This is ridiculous. Glenville will win the state title!! Nobody can stop them. And if you dare suggest otherwise than you are offensive!!!

forget that they cheat….btw

Steubenville has no chance against Glenville, which goes the same for the remaining DIV teams. That said, I understand everyone’s belief in their teams chances to advance to a State Championship and that’s why HS football is so great. But it is what it is, Glenville is just that much better than any team in this Division. I’ll come back in a little over two months and tell you I told you so.
No doubt Glenville is the hands down favorite to win division 4. However, I don’t believe any team is unbeatable. It would take a monumental team effort, great coaching and maybe some favorable bounces to do so but it’s possible. That’s why we decide championships on the field now of days and not the papers.

But tell us how you REALLY feel…

Let me guess, you also think college kids are not loyal to their schools when they leave early for the draft? Heaven forbid a kid gets the chance to improve their situation. A family might not be able to afford the move to Mentor or Strongsville, but if their kid has a chance to use football to get to college I have ZERO issue with them changing schools to make that happen.
You sure every single kid on Ignatius, Trinity, CCC, Bene, Gilmour, Holy Ñame, and Ed’s are all Catholics? You think all the guys on SVSM, Hoban, Walsh , Mooney, or Urseline are all Catholics? Well I have beach front property in Yuma for you to buy now!

Pretty sure you’re going to see a number of those teams' players at Evangelical Churches on the West Side and in AME churches on the East Side. All parochial and private school programs are a bit mercenary.

Last edited:
You will soon be humbled! Keep standing on the sidelines with those responses.
You are a real piece of work brother. Your arrogance has no bounds. Don’t forget The Big Red is 15-0 against your tarblooders. Yes it’s a long time ago. In fact your AD was a fine man and a gentlemen from the “real” Ville, Steubenville who was friends with my father. A man of class and humility. Does the name Corky Crowley ring a bell?

It's unbelievable they where put in D4.. real fair..
I’m sure the numbers are legit. But you better believe they were manipulated to be a D4 school. They tried to win a title in D1, D2, D3 and now D4. Ted Sr. is determined to win a championship before Jr. takes the reigns. Hell, in a few years they will be D7.

Reactions: y2h

Glenville, like Benedictine, St. Edward, VASJ, Hoban, and SVSM among others, is open-enrollment, which means that anyone in any Cleveland neighborhood can attend. They don't "poach" kids from other communities. The kids go there because they want to go there. No one forces them.

I’m sure the numbers are legit. But you better believe they were manipulated to be a D4 school. They tried to win a title in D1, D2, D3 and now D4. Ted Sr. is determined to win a championship before Jr. takes the reigns. Hell, in a few years they will be D7.
It’s just crazy that two schools combined, one being an all boys school, can fall into DIV. Does Ginn Academy offer any OHSAA sanctioned athletics or are they all through Glenville?

You sure every single kid on Ignatius, Trinity, CCC, Bene, Gilmour, Holy Ñame, and Ed’s are all Catholics? You think all the guys on SVSM, Hoban, Walsh , Mooney, or Urseline are all Catholics? Well I have beach front property in Yuma for you to buy now!

Pretty sure you’re going to see a number of those teams players at Evangelical Churches on the West Side and in AME churches on the East Side. All parochial and private school programs are a bit mercenary.
Hate to tell you, I wasn’t talking about the parochial schools at all. I was talking about (wait for it) Glenville. You know like the thread title suggests? ;)

I don’t doubt that not all kids in parochial schools are of the same religious beliefs as the school espouses. But, as an old friend of mine once said, “I may be Agnostic, but I believe in the academic success of a Catholic school education.”

I understand your(other Chardon) fans affinity towards Glenville; They gave you a pretty good game last year on your way to a state title last year.

You know who else beat them last year? Olentangy Liberty 7-6. Did Olentangy Liberty beat Steubenville in 2021? I’ve seen OL play & they have a solid team, & believe me if they can “play” with Glenville then that tells me the top 6/7 in D4 can beat them with no perfect game required. They were in D4 last year, & even the team that sent them packing did not win it

Glenville most talented team in D4? Yes
D4 favorite? On paper yes, but they will have stiff competition come regional championship time with Van Wert, West Holmes. If they make it that far they could be staring down Wyoming(?) Steubenville(?) in back to back weeks.
That steubenville team was one of the best in recent years until injuries hurt them

You are simply trying to say, “they gave us a great game last year so they will kill everyone else”. Why don’t you just say Chardon is the greatest high school team ever assembled? Get a grip dude. Counting Steubenville out in any year is wrong. The Big Red has been winning big consistently for 40+ years. We have won regional titles once every two years on average for 40 years. So don’t count us out so easily. And at SHS, previous years and teams matter. Those kids don’t want to be the ones who haven’t added to one of the great traditions in high school football anywhere. Those previous teams set the bar for every team after it.