GMC Football 2023

Who will be top 3 in the GMC no particular order

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Colerain Frosh beat Lakota West Frosh...does that mean anything for the future?
Maybe, maybe not. I will say though Colerain probably should’ve won the game more then 6-2. Had a couple of dropped balls 🏈 that could’ve been TD’s and at the very least would’ve been set up deep in West territory. There d line controller the line of scrimmage as West could not sustain any drives and had a very hard time blocking them. As far as the JV game this morning at West it was a 40-0 shellacking and win for West. Colerain much like the varsity game couldn’t move the ball much at all and went backwards a lot. Just like the freshman though may or may not mean much for the future. If it always translated to varsity success West would’ve likely won more games then they did under Cox.

LW Frosh QB has thrown 1 TD/6 INTS: 2 pick 6’s this season. I get Bolden and company are trying to put him into develop him, but I don’t really know how much more corroboration you need that he’s not ready for that level yet. He managed to throw two interceptions against the last-ranked team in the GMC conference. I would like to see West give the senior QB Parker some reps.
Threw 2 more interceptions today in the JV game though I will admit the second one wasn’t his fault the ball went right off the receivers and into the DB’s hands. Overall though he played pretty well though throwing 3TDs and running for another. I will say though to the Colerain JV was not very good at all. Do agree though Parker should be getting snaps ahead of Smith. They did finally give Parker some snaps in the 4th qtr only to have the backup center air mail 2 snaps way over his head. He needs some reps with the first team though and not just with the backups.

Did anybody see the 4th down catch that the Hamilton player basically had the interception, but the Princeton kid came down with it. I couldn't really see how he came down with the catch. Crazy ending

Hamilton got robbed, that interference call was a bad call. Hamilton should have won. It was a terrible call. Nevertheless, I guess the Vikings received a lot of help to pull out the win.
That was one of the worst calls I’ve seen all season. Absolutely horrible. But it’s an aspect of the game I guess.

Bad calls are going to happen. I’m a Vikings fan and will say Hamilton played well . Great game. Princeton needs to pass the ball more .

Bad calls are going to happen. I’m a Vikings fan and will say Hamilton played well . Great game. Princeton needs to pass the ball more .
Better blocking, better play-calling needed. QB is completing 70% of his passes. Mix up the offense. Hamilton is tough. Played the Vikes tougher than Lakota West. Lakota West vs. Hamilton at the end of the regular season is going to be a war.

Last edited:
Week 6

There are some intriguing matchups this week.
Fairfield (1-4) @ Hamilton (3-2) Always an emotional game because of the close proximity. I'll take Hamilton because of their defense.
Colerain @ Lakota East-Both are winless. I am leaning toward East, but who knows, it could end in a tie.
Middletown(3-2) @ Mason(2-3) Middle of the GMC game and could go either way. If Middies QB returns I take them. If not, flip a coin
Princeton @ Oak Hills- Princeton period! No discussion needed
Lakota West @ Sycamore- Both are 3-2. I am going with West since Sycamore just got beat by Oak Hills.

Hamilton got robbed, that interference call was a bad call. Hamilton should have won. It was a terrible call. Nevertheless, I guess the Vikings received a lot of help to pull out the win.

There's a little bit of a hip grab. I wonder if the referee threw the flag at that moment or let the play finish first.

EDIT: I see the back judge throw the flag after the first defender fell and the game replay showed the line judge throw a flag as well. Two officials made the same call.

What is everyone's rankings of the GMC as a whole?

Mine-
Priceton
West
Hamilton
Sycamore
Mason
Middletown
Oak hills
Fairfield
East
Colerain

I know you could argue these but would like to see what everyone else thinks. I have not seen every team play but based on record and who everyone has played.

Who does everyone think POY year is on offense and defense ?

What is everyone's rankings of the GMC as a whole?

Mine-
Priceton
West
Hamilton
Sycamore
Mason
Middletown
Oak hills
Fairfield
East
Colerain

I know you could argue these but would like to see what everyone else thinks. I have not seen every team play but based on record and who everyone has played.

Who does everyone think POY year is on offense and defense ?
Princeton
West
Hamilton
Mason
Oak Hills
Sycamore
Middletown
Fairfield
East
Colerain

OPOY: Harney, RB, Sycamore
DPOY: Tougher call, but Nelson, LB, Princeton

There's a little bit of a hip grab. I wonder if the referee threw the flag at that moment or let the play finish first.

EDIT: I see the back judge throw the flag after the first defender fell and the game replay showed the line judge throw a flag as well. Two officials made the same call.
Clearly they threw the flag for the attempted grab by the CB and not on the safety. Still a very soft call at a critical time in the game. Princeton still had to complete a heckuva a jump ball in the end zone to win it.

Princeton
West
Hamilton
Mason
Oak Hills
Sycamore
Middletown
Fairfield
East
Colerain

DPOY: Tougher call, but Nelson, LB, Princeton
For OPOY, Harney seems to be pretty clearly in the lead. DPOY is much tougher with all of the good players on Lakota West, Princeton, and Hamilton on that side of the ball. Nelson is a good pick. I also like Khy'lek Jarrett on Princeton. Leading the league in TFL as a 195-lb DE. Most impressive player I've seen so far. Reminds me of Tyler Moeller in the way that he can turn into a missile destroying blocks. Elijah Davis and Taebron Bennie-Powell from Lakota West would be good picks too, along with Trey Verdon from Hamilton.

Threw 2 more interceptions today in the JV game though I will admit the second one wasn’t his fault the ball went right off the receivers and into the DB’s hands. Overall though he played pretty well though throwing 3TDs and running for another. I will say though to the Colerain JV was not very good at all. Do agree though Parker should be getting snaps ahead of Smith. They did finally give Parker some snaps in the 4th qtr only to have the backup center air mail 2 snaps way over his head. He needs some reps with the first team though and not just with the backups.
Bolden made a promise here and is stuck. Kid clearly isn't remotely ready for varsity football and may not even be next year either. Wiles is a junior and is pretty good. Don't overthink this.

The interception/catch call was a tough one. Watching it live I probably would've called it the same way the officials did. Hamilton had some calls go there way as well. Didn't think officiating was egregiously one sided. Just a great game that went down to the wire. I did not give Hamilton enough credit. That's a very solid squad that Crouch has, and they're very physical.

Princeton
West
Hamilton
Sycamore
Mason
Middletown
Oak Hills
Fairfield
East
Colerain

DPOY: Nelson or Jarrett from Princeton, Woolfolk from Mason, Bryant from Hamilton. Tight race for this one.

Princeton
West
Hamilton
Sycamore
Mason
Middletown
Oak Hills
Fairfield
East
Colerain

DPOY: Nelson or Jarrett from Princeton, Woolfolk from Mason, Bryant from Hamilton. Tight race for this one.
What year is Harney from Sycamore? If he is potentially the OPOY in the GMC, is he getting some college looks?

Other note on Harney: he's listed at 5'6", 165 lbs and was the state wrestling champ at 150-lbs. He also has been a 3-year starter at OLB and currently has 36 tackles on the year to go with his 722 rushing yards and 150 receiving yards.

Other note on Harney: he's listed at 5'6", 165 lbs and was the state wrestling champ at 150-lbs. He also has been a 3-year starter at OLB and currently has 36 tackles on the year to go with his 722 rushing yards and 150 receiving yards.
Pretty impressive young man with those numbers at his stature. Gritty and hard-nosed!

OK, life and work. What's going on in the GMC? See that the Big Blue could have taken down the Vikings. West is 3 games into their 7 game winning streak before week 10 vs Hamilton. There are 3 good teams, everyone else is average to below GMC standards. Sycamore continues to hurt themselves with penalties and TO's. The Middies Staff held the mob off for another week with the victory over the hapless Least squad. The MidLanders are building the SWOC resume, maybe joined by Colerain. Fairfield and Mason.....ho-hum. Any information from the GMC faithful??