GMC Football 2023

Who will be top 3 in the GMC no particular order

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From what it sounds like West did not have a good showing against Winton Woods and Fairfield wasn't impressive against LaSalle. Any word on how Princeton and Mason have been looking? Is this the year the Vikings return to the top of GMC? Me personally would love to see the title return to Chester Rd.

From what it sounds like West did not have a good showing against Winton Woods and Fairfield wasn't impressive against LaSalle. Any word on how Princeton and Mason have been looking? Is this the year the Vikings return to the top of GMC? Me personally would love to see the title return to Chester Rd.
Lancers put 4 tds on East - FF had 4 starters out - 15 penalties - threw easy routes and ran up the middle - still made it a 10 - 7 affair. They’ll be fine.

The question is did Lakota West sit key starters, or trying to work out kinks in the offense and defense after replacing many starters from last year by letting them play and take lumps in scrimmages?

Vikes (y):banana:

Will anybody do the GMC Pick'em this season. I work 2 jobs and will not have the time this year

The question is did Lakota West sit key starters, or trying to work out kinks in the offense and defense after replacing many starters from last year by letting them play and take lumps in scrimmages?
Doesn't sound like West was resting players. They appear to have an offensive line/offensive scheme issue. They sound like they were better than Elder, which isn't nothing, but nowhere near Winton Woods, who is likely the state champion favorite in D2. Defense is still really good.

Lasalle is good, so not the end of the world for Fairfield if they played them close. Lakota East is going to be bad. I've been telling people this. Overall, I don't think the league is very good this year.

My update pecking order based on what we've heard from scrimmages:

1. Lakota West - Still really good on defense and have enough skill position players to generate offense against bad/mediocre teams.
2. Fairfield - Seem to be solid on both sides of the ball and have a senior QB.
3. Princeton - Sound like they played well against Withrow, but if they lost Dorian Williams for the season, that knocks them back a peg.
4. Mason - Really seem like they are solid on both sides of the ball. Need a playmaker to step up.

5. Colerain - Them not running the triple option is going to be weird. I'm worried they struggle on offense, but they have talent on defense.

6. Lakota East - They're here almost by default and because they have a QB. I don't think Kitna is a good coach from what I've heard.
7. Oak Hills - May be competent offensively?
8. Sycamore - I'm worried they won't score all season, but they scrimmaged Winton Woods and Milford (who is actually really good!). Defense should be decent.
9. Hamilton - Lost virtually all of their production from a 3-8 team.
10. Middletown - Worse than everyone else.

3. Princeton - Sound like they played well against Withrow, but if they lost Dorian Williams for the season, that knocks them back a peg.
He caught only 22 passes last year and I'm hearing Princeton wants to be even more run-focused with the addition of Hibbett from Mason. Sucks to not have such an athlete on the field, but just how much were they going to lean on him? I honestly feel like it's a much greater loss for the basketball team.

It would not surprise me if Oak Hills is the fifth best team.

He caught only 22 passes last year and I'm hearing Princeton wants to be even more run-focused. Sucks to not have such an athlete on the field, but just how much were they going to lean on him? I honestly feel like it's a much greater loss for the basketball team.

Where did he go?

He caught only 22 passes last year and I'm hearing Princeton wants to be even more run-focused. Sucks to not have such an athlete on the field, but just how much were they going to lean on him? I honestly feel like it's a much greater loss for the basketball team.

I know he's not the focal point of their offense, but he's the best receiver in the league, likely the best in the city, and one of the best in the state. That will be missed.

1. Lakota West
2. Fairfield
3. Princeton
4. Lakota East
5. Mason
6. Middletown (New QB is really going to open up the offense)
7. Sycamore
8. Hamilton
9. Oak Hills
10. Colerain

1. Princeton
2. Fairfield
3. Lakota West
4. Lakota East
5. Mason
6. Hamilton
7. Middletown
8. Colerain
9. Oak Hills
10. Sycamore

I believe Princeton will shock a lot of people this year and even win it all. They WILL beat LW week 2 with ease

From what I saw at scrimmages Colerain has something cooking over at 8801 Cheviot Rd. They may be at the serving hors d’oeuvres stage so far but they will be back! The new coach and his staff has them believing in the system and have more players out overall than they have had in a while. They could make some noise come playoff time as they get it all running on full cylinders.

1. Princeton
2. Fairfield
3. Lakota West
4. Lakota East
5. Mason
6. Hamilton
7. Middletown
8. Colerain
9. Oak Hills
10. Sycamore

I believe Princeton will shock a lot of people this year and even win it all. They WILL beat LW week 2 with ease
With ease??

1. Princeton
2. Fairfield
3. Lakota West
4. Lakota East
5. Mason
6. Hamilton
7. Middletown
8. Colerain
9. Oak Hills
10. Sycamore

Yea right just like they beat them with ease last year eh. Oh wait didn’t happen Princeton got totally beat down especially in the playoff game. Their offense should try scoring on West first which they haven’t done in the last 2 years.

1. Princeton
2. Fairfield
3. Lakota West
4. Lakota East
5. Mason
6. Hamilton
7. Middletown
8. Colerain
9. Oak Hills
10. Sycamore

As a loyal Viking alum and follower, I also question beating LW with ease. Is it possible to beat them, yes (Princeton's strength this year is defense while LW weakness is offense). With ease, uh, no unless you know something no one else does . Anyway, let's get past Elyria first.

I don’t understand the logic that some have in rating Fairfield over Princeton. Vikes beat them by 14 last year and have a lot of returning starters back, especially on defense. Anxious to see how all of this plays out.

Last edited:
Yea right just like they beat them with ease last year eh. Oh wait didn’t happen Princeton got totally beat down especially in the playoff game. Their offense should try scoring on West first which they haven’t done in the last 2 years.
Princeton has 8 returning starters on their defense and West has 4 maybe 5. Princeton also has a great 2026/2025 class coming up offensively they will be perfectly fine believe me.

Princeton contains a very solid offense some of the key players are D'Angelo Birch #18 (QB) Antonio Hunter #3 (slot) Jordan Houston #7 (WR) and Landen Miree #19 (WR). Landen Miree is only a Sophomore and he picked up an offer from Kentucky early June from a camp his main position is TE but I believe he will have to most potential the next couple years possibly being top in his class

Only about 50-60 kids coming out for football at Middletown and Sycamore, according to the rosters on the GMC site. What's going on there?

Only about 50-60 kids coming out for football at Middletown and Sycamore, according to the rosters on the GMC site. What's going on there?
That doesn't seem bad to me for those two schools. I mean Sycamore was winless last year, and Middletown nearly winless.

That doesn't seem bad to me for those two schools. I mean Sycamore was winless last year, and Middletown nearly winless.
Could they be winless because they don't have enough kids coming out? Princeton's enrollment is nowhere near Mason, Fairfield, and Lakota level and they still got about 90 kids between varsity and JV.

Could they be winless because they don't have enough kids coming out? Princeton's enrollment is nowhere near Mason, Fairfield, and Lakota level and they still got about 90 kids between varsity and JV.
Maybe, but Sycamore also has tons more activities for kids to choose from than Princeton. With the exception of Mason, I'm willing to bet Sycamore offers the most as far as extra-curriculars and co-curriculars.

This is a very typical football team roster size for Sycamore. They usually only have about 20 kids per class, and I know some have been as low as 8 kids total and others as high as 32. The bigger problem for Sycamore is that there are only about 15 players total listed above 200 lbs on their roster, and it’s not like there’s kids walking the hallways not playing football that would make that number go up.