Giants/Pats Superbowl Part Deux: Poll

Giants or Pats?

• Total voters
That throw to Welker was fine. It's a catch he makes 99 times out of 100.

I agree that Welker makes that catch 99/100 times because he is an elite receiver. But that was not a good throw. Welker was wide open and the pass was too high and behind him. Brady is a great QB but he seemed to misfire on a number of passes in the 4th quarter.

I also thought his INT was very bad. It was on FIRST DOWN at midfield. A drive at that point late in the 3rd quarter would have put the Pats up by two scores.

The other issue for the Pats is they don’t exactly have ball hawks on D tonight. Not recovering at least one of those two fumbles was devastating.

I agree that Welker makes that catch 99/100 times because he is an elite receiver. But that was not a good throw. Welker was wide open and the pass was too high and behind him. Brady is a great QB but he seemed to misfire on a number of passes in the 4th quarter.

I also thought his INT was very bad. It was on FIRST DOWN at midfield. A drive at that point late in the 3rd quarter would have put the Pats up by two scores.

The other issue for the Pats is they don’t exactly have ball hawks on D tonight. Not recovering at least one of those two fumbles was devastating.

In the 4th quarter the Giants were getting to Brady. I thought they should have tried more quick throws and draws. I'm looking forward to O'Brien leaving and McDaniels coming back.

Regardless, I think a healthy Gronk = Pats win. The offense is not even close to being as dynamic when he isn't effective.

Yeah, that was lucky for the Giants for sure.

At that point I knew the Giants were going to win. They got all the breaks and all the bounces. I think the Giants played better and I thought it was crazy that the Pats were favored pre-game, but one or two bounces the other way and this conversation is a little different IMO.

I'm not even a little excited for March Madness and MLB. This NFL season blew because it was so non-defense and way too much QB, but it's still the best sport on earth IMO.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not

Not being sarcastic at all. At our Super Bowl party we were all getting ready to mock the half time show.

At the start it looked like this show would be awful. It opened with a procession of gay Romans tugging a huge float with Madonna on it. How bad was that!

But something funny started happening as the show went on. It was actually pretty good. We’re all looking at each other saying “man this doesn’t suck”.

Then they got real fancy with the light show and Madonna cranked up the toons and the marching band drum core came out and the dam show was getting interesting. The grand finale was absolutely stunning with a magnificent version of “Like a Prayer” with full chorus and spectacular lighting effects.

One of the things that made this show different was that you didn’t have thousands of phony, bobble headed fans running onto the field and jumping up and down acting like they like the show. Instead they used hundreds of square feet of video boards to create a truly unique and amazing visual experience. Hats off to the choreographer for this show.

After the Black Eyed Peas last year, I don't see how anyone can say something bad about that halftime show. A dude running out onto the midfield logo and taking a dump before scurrying back to the locker room would've been an improvement