Giants/Pats Superbowl Part Deux: Poll

Giants or Pats?

• Total voters
I think Metallica is plenty well-known enough to do it. They would probably cave and go mainstream with Enter Sandman, Fuel, etc but most people know those songs

I think Metallica is plenty well-known enough to do it. They would probably cave and go mainstream with Enter Sandman, Fuel, etc but most people know those songs

Frantic tick tick tick tick tick tick tock would be a huge hit IMO.

Anyone think Welker didn't make that catch due to size/athleticism rather than just having bad hands on the play? I don't know why I keep turning on First Take, but all they're talking about is how he has the best hands in the league and I don't think it has much to do with his hands at all. The fact that it was so hard for him to turn his body around and get up as high as he needed to had much more to do with it IMO. AJ Green would have easily gotten to that ball and it has nothing to do with his hands.

Back to the game, and I apologize if this was discussed...

How about the Giants sneaking the 12th man out there. Genius idea. If I was a defensive coordinator and there were :30 left and the team was on their own 35, why not put 15 defenders out there? You risk a 5 yard penalty plus the time still runs. You can do this every play except the last, so unless the offense is going to spike the ball and milk you for 5 yards all the way down the field, you are golden.

I had the same exact thought and like you said, the only way it could hurt you is if the other team just spiked the ball and only let 1 second run off. Very smart idea though to sneak an extra player or 2 out there though, IMO.

Anyone think Welker didn't make that catch due to size/athleticism rather than just having bad hands on the play? I don't know why I keep turning on First Take, but all they're talking about is how he has the best hands in the league and I don't think it has much to do with his hands at all. The fact that it was so hard for him to turn his body around and get up as high as he needed to had much more to do with it IMO. AJ Green would have easily gotten to that ball and it has nothing to do with his hands.

I kind of agree with that. The dude can barely lift his arms above his helmet. I thought it was kind of a tough catch given his stature.

Back to the game, and I apologize if this was discussed...

How about the Giants sneaking the 12th man out there. Genius idea. If I was a defensive coordinator and there were :30 left and the team was on their own 35, why not put 15 defenders out there? You risk a 5 yard penalty plus the time still runs. You can do this every play except the last, so unless the offense is going to spike the ball and milk you for 5 yards all the way down the field, you are golden.

I didn't even catch that... definitely good strategy and basically a loophole in the rules.

I had the same exact thought and like you said, the only way it could hurt you is if the other team just spiked the ball and only let 1 second run off. Very smart idea though to sneak an extra player or 2 out there though, IMO.

Same thinking over here. My friend and I both saw that and said "you know, that's actually gonna work out well for the Giants"

I kind of agree with that. The dude can barely lift his arms above his helmet. I thought it was kind of a tough catch given his stature.

Definitely a tough catch. Running full speed, has to spin back and jump at the same time to barely reach the ball. A taller receiver has a much easier time with that one

It's a catch that Gronk makes. I understand that it was difficult for Welker and that the throw needed to be better, but he got two hands on it. I will always believe that he needs to make that catch, regardless of his size.

But do you think he dropped it because he just dropped it or more because his athleticism/size made it so difficult for him to even get his hands in position to catch it?

Maybe a combination of both. The throw should have been better, and I've said that since it happened. But after looking at the pic I posted and seeing replays of it, I think he likely catches that more often than not.

:laugh: poor guy. Of course, he just got engaged to a model and wipes his butthole with $100s, so I can't feel too bad for him.

Anyone have a pic of Welker's wife?
barstoolsports.jpg
:Ohno: Wes FTW.