General NFL Chat

Any other Browns fan have flashbacks to Baker's rookie debut? Came off the bench on a Thursday night when trailing the Jets and got the W. Last night was crazy though, I doubt he knows half of his teammates names, let alone the playbook.

If Mayfield can stay humble, he can easily have an NFL job for many years as a top backup QB and make good money being that guy. I wouldn’t entrust him with a starting QB/team leader role at this point.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
If Mayfield can stay humble he can easily have a decent NFL career as a middle of the pack starter … on the right team … he has enough arm talent to do just that … what he can’t do is carry a team on his back … believe me, it’s true … Trust me …

Dolphins vs Bills, Buffalo favored by 7, I would take the Bills plus the pts. Fish are 0 - 8 in their last 8 games playing in temperatures below 40 degrees. Average pt. differential in those 8 losses is 20 pts.

At the stadium before the Bills game today:

1671290977432.png

The NFL's best story from the 2nd half of the season continues.

Lions beat the Jets 20-17 at the Meadowlands after the Jets miss a 59 yard FG as time expires.

Very poor time management by Saleh in the final minute of the game.

The Lions are now 7-7 and very firmly in the NFC playoff hunt.

Craziest NFL weekend possibly ever.
Indeed it was. Lots of craziness. Lots of things blown:
- Colts blow 33-0 lead. What?
- Raiders blow 17-3 lead, then the Patriots lose their mind and the game all at once.
- Tampa blows 17-0 lead by giving up 34 straight to Cincy
- Refs blow the Giants/Commanders game
- Dallas blows big lead to Jags
- Jets coach blows at clock management. Ends game with TO in his pocket after letting 20 seconds run off after a first down.
- plus Houston scared KC

This is why we love the NFL.

Indeed it was. Lots of craziness. Lots of things blown:
- Colts blow 33-0 lead. What?
- Raiders blow 17-3 lead, then the Patriots lose their mind and the game all at once.
- Tampa blows 17-0 lead by giving up 34 straight to Cincy
- Refs blow the Giants/Commanders game
- Dallas blows big lead to Jags
- Jets coach blows at clock management. Ends game with TO in his pocket after letting 20 seconds run off after a first down.
- plus Houston scared KC

This is why we love the NFL.
This is exactly what the NFL wants for the TV audience, and the season is really going as scripted. Crazy weekend of close games and comebacks. One reason for these comebacks is most teams inability to run the ball. Many teams simply can't grind the clock down and move the ball without throwing. That creates either turnovers or incomplete passes, which stop the clock.

This is exactly what the NFL wants for the TV audience, and the season is really going as scripted. Crazy weekend of close games and comebacks. One reason for these comebacks is most teams inability to run the ball. Many teams simply can't grind the clock down and move the ball without throwing. That creates either turnovers or incomplete passes, which stop the clock.
Most of the losing teams this week had over 100 yds rushing. The Patriots had over 200.

The NFL is in flux a bit. I believe the average per carry is at an all time league high. The challenge is can NFL O coordinators stay with the run when it’s working - it’s a pass happy league. Also, it’s tough to maintain drives of 8+ plays vs a NFL defense.

Most of the losing teams this week had over 100 yds rushing. The Patriots had over 200.
If the Cowboys just run the football their last series on offense they most likely win the game. Pats self-destructed and who knows if the game went to OT who wins. I am a big proponent of running the football, Bengals winning streak has come with a rediscovery of the running game. What I don't understand is running the read option with a NFL QB just look what happened to Jalen Hurts. These running QB's get hurt too often, Lamar, Hurts, Murray. This is why you have running backs to run the football with.

If the Cowboys just run the football their last series on offense they most likely win the game. Pats self-destructed and who knows if the game went to OT who wins. I am a big proponent of running the football, Bengals winning streak has come with a rediscovery of the running game. What I don't understand is running the read option with a NFL QB just look what happened to Jalen Hurts. These running QB's get hurt too often, Lamar, Hurts, Murray. This is why you have running backs to run the football with.
I think we've mentioned this on here before, the run game is coming back because defenses has adjusted with the 5 wides/ running back in the passing game by having smaller, athletic linebackers. Teams who run the ball can make some ground by pounding away at these smaller front 7's.

I think we've mentioned this on here before, the run game is coming back because defenses has adjusted with the 5 wides/ running back in the passing game by having smaller, athletic linebackers. Teams who run the ball can make some ground by pounding away at these smaller front 7's.
This one I will agree with, almost. Rarely is it a "front 7" anymore, it is almost always a front 6 with 5 DBs.