GCL Co-Ed 2021

chwestbroo

Time to get the thread going. Hopefully another good year in the GCL. Graduating from CJ in a few months so IDK how much info I can provide for them come football time.

moonshadow

My way too early poll:
1) Badin
2) Alter
3) McNick
4) Carroll
5) CJ
6) Fenwick

Basically same as last year. CJ/Carroll could flip I suppose. But I feel confident about the top 3 (at least in some order).

Alter has scheduled Hoban this year who, has won the 3 straight D-2 titles or something like that. This game replaces what usually is a blowout against a DPS school. That should be an exciting game with stars on both sides of the ball. Alter and Badin are heavy favorites to win the league this year.

Webster

Crazy to see Fenwick at 6. Hopefully they can get back to where they were a few years back. Good Luck Falcons!

chwestbroo

CJ is probably still in rebuild mode, expecting improvement but I only see this team as high as 4th place, maybe 3rd. Losing the OC, DC, and two starters to Northmont complicates things further. No clue about the incoming freshmen class or possible transfers.

Tigers84

Does Alter have any good upcoming Sophomores or Juniors. From watching them last year it seemed to be all Juniors and Seniors playing

Does Alter have any good upcoming Sophomores or Juniors. From watching them last year it seemed to be all Juniors and Seniors playing
The sophomore class is extremely small. I think only 1 had varsity minutes. But they have a good number of kids in their freshmen class. And also a good number of incoming freshmen.

Irwin20

My way too early poll:
1) Badin
2) Alter
3) McNick
4) Carroll
5) CJ
6) Fenwick

Basically same as last year. CJ/Carroll could flip I suppose. But I feel confident about the top 3 (at least in some order).
From my sources McNick will be solid. The current sophomore RB will open some eyes. I don’t have any inside knowledge but looking at the roster and who is returning they could surprise. Also looking forward to going to a game or 2 this Fall. I see they have scheduled Highlands, Ky @home. They have always been a perennial power in the state although I think they’ve slipped a bit recently.

Last edited:

Tigers84

Love seeing. Alter has never dodged tough competition. With playoffs going to 12 teams I expect we'll see more of these type matchups. Helps them prepare for comp they'll likely see in post season.
Hoban graduated the majority of their starters and Alter is returning a lot of really good talent. Maybe we see a huge upset from Alter this year.

It will be intriguing to see how Alters offense looks like this year. New QB, New tail backs. They have all the talent to make this work. But they are young in some areas.