GCL Co-Ed 2021

Judge success and relevance how you choose. I see one year, 2010, when they were in the state semifinals as significant in the past 21 years.

Div Year W/L Playoffs

D2 2000 7-3 L 1st Round

D2 2001 7-3 L 3rd Round

D2 2002 6-4 No playoffs

D2 2003 7-3 1st Round

D2 2004 5-5 No playoffs

D3 2005 4-6 No playoffs

D3 2006 4-6 No playoffs

D3 2007 6-4 No playoffs

D3 2008 3-7 No playoffs

D3 2009 5-5 No playoffs

D3 2010 8-2 L Semifinals

D3 2011 2-8 No playoffs

D3 2012 7-3 L 1st Round

D4 2013 8-2 L 2nd Round

D4 2014 9-1 L 2nd Round

D3 2015 5-5 No playoffs

D3 2016 4-6 No playoffs

D3 2017 6-4 No playoffs

D3 2018 1-9 No playoffs

D4 2019 3-7 No playoffs

D4 2020 4-1 L 2nd Round

Why are you picking on little old McNicholas? They play with what they get, they have no idea who’s going to come through the doors. They are successful on occasion. Pretty much the same as 90% + of the high schools in Ohio who have never won the State title or even played in the final.??‍♂️

Haha not picking on them. Just saying they have fallen out of relevance in football. They actually have one of the nicest settings/stadium for football in the city. Sadly, the complex was never completed. There are no facilities (locker rooms, weight room) to go with the stadium. From the dated press release it was supposed to be completed years ago, but apparently money dried up. It’s too bad because those are selling points for kids. I know this because 3 family members chose other schools due to dated athletic facilities and dated classrooms. I guess they are who they are at this point.

Check your sources. I am NOT a Loveland grad or City of Loveland resident. I am a GCL alum, as are many of my family members. Immediate family alum from Bacon, PM, Moe and X. So, try again.

Haha not picking on them. Just saying they have fallen out of relevance in football. They actually have one of the nicest settings/stadium for football in the city. Sadly, the complex was never completed. There are no facilities (locker rooms, weight room) to go with the stadium. From the dated press release it was supposed to be completed years ago, but apparently money dried up. It’s too bad because those are selling points for kids. I know this because 3 family members chose other schools due to dated athletic facilities and dated classrooms. I guess they are who they are at this point.
Well Badin, Purcell, Alter, Moeller don’t even have stadiums so there’s that. I’m sure the locker room and maybe weight room (I think there is one in the auxiliary gym) are on the radar. The concessions and restrooms are a fairly recent upgrade. I’d imagine its a difficult time for small privates financially.

Check your sources. I am NOT a Loveland grad or City of Loveland resident. I am a GCL alum, as are many of my family members. Immediate family alum from Bacon, PM, Moe and X. So, try again.
Your profile says your favorite high school is Loveland.

Yup. Because at the time this was created, my nephew played a varsity sport for Loveland. He’s graduated now. My kid is now at a GCL school and my second will be soon.

my son just told me that they might bring back snivley as an assistant. any thoughts on what position he’d coach? that’d be awesome. well done falcons!

my son just told me that they might bring back snivley as an assistant. any thoughts on what position he’d coach? that’d be awesome. well done
LOL. Have to believe very little chance that happens. Well no chance. Let’s just say I have “inside” info
1-previous relationship with Fenwick did not end well. Principal that caused it is still there
2-17 coaches already employed at Fenwick. Only 53 kids in the program right now. Don’t see Fenwick paying anymore $ in that sport. Already a drain on the budget as it is. Joe ain’t volunteering
3-joe has no interest in being an assistant at a d4 program at this point in his life.
4-joe plans to watch Conner at Marian the next 4-5 falls and not at a bottom feeder GCL coed school

want to see the state of Fenwick football. Drive by the school on M,W, or Th between 8:30-10 and tell me which is the soccer team and which is the football team. One works out on the west lawn next to the parking lot, the other in the grassy field next to the main entrance. You will surprised at the numbers and size comparisons. Bet most couldn’t tell the difference

I

2021 Snapshot: McNicholas​

Jack-Suttles-McNicholas-550x425-1.jpg
MCNICHOLAS LB JACK SUTTLES (PHOTO FROM FACEBOOK: BADIN FOOTBALL PICS BY BERGER)
There are some good bones to work with at McNicholas for the upcoming 2021 season. The Rockets have an outstanding core of linebackers and a stable of solid skills positions players. Those are some building blocks that should make football a blast on Beechmont Avenue this fall.
“We were eager to get back on the field last season after an uncharacteristic two-year losing stretch. We were able to put some pieces back together and have a tremendous season. We hope to build on the momentum we gained in 2020 and take the next step as a program,” head coach Mike Orlando states.
He goes on to say. “After going through a tough stretch in 2018 and 2019, we were able to break through with a successful season last year. We re-learned how to win and what it takes to be successful. Fortunately, we have a tight-knit senior class that is ready, able and willing to step into the void and bring the others along with them.”
Orlando doesn’t finish there. “We graduated a great group that accounted for a lot of reps over that last several years. Although it was great for our current group to witness this transformation, some of them are untested and not as experience as we would like for them to be. However, all signs indicate that they are accepting of the challenge and will take ownership moving forward.”
Finishing strong will be key for a great 2021 campaign. McNicholas is a combined 1-14 from the last week of September until the end of the season over the last three years. Staying mentally tough down the stretch will fuel the Rockets success.
Colin-Fix-McNicholas-550x425-1.jpg

McNicholas LB Colin Fix (Photo from Facebook: Badin Football Pics by Berger

McNick reportedly had their way with New Richmond at Frost/Jv and Varsity level. My source said NR wasn’t very good but they are usually a better then.500 team. Also Rockets ran the ball very well with the big back Snyder “trucking people”. Rockets open at Indian Hill which will be a good test.
Saw on another thread that CJ looked good in a 3 way scrimmage that included Clinton Massie.

Going the sandbag route are we Zeeman? Hear Badin has most the talent in the league. Over /Under for victories at 8. Have not heard anything about Alter. If CJ looked good that is going against early predictions but good news.

Going the sandbag route are we Zeeman? Hear Badin has most the talent in the league. Over /Under for victories at 8. Have not heard anything about Alter. If CJ looked good that is going against early predictions but good news.
Terrible coach, low numbers and no talent, they will be lucky to be on the same field as the mighty Knights of Alter

uh Zeeman Mr. Sandman all american
How are the fighting possums looking this year? Why ain’t they playing Badin?
uh mostly because Badin recruits Edgewood kids Badin leading rusher a couple of years ago went Edgewood for 8 years and then suddenly went to Badin.Edgewood could be very good or just average first 2 games, Milford and Hamilton will tell the tale your point about Alter is well taken
glad to see you back possum boy

Do Alter, CJ and Fenwick have Freshmen teams? My son is helping with the McNick frosh and looking at the schedule I see Carroll and Badin (2x home and away)and no one else from the Coed.

Do Alter, CJ and Fenwick have Freshmen teams? My son is helping with the McNick frosh and looking at the schedule I see Carroll and Badin (2x home and away)and no one else from the Coed.
Badin has CJ and Fenwick on their frosh schedule

Fenwick will be playing a partial freshmen schedule It is not listed as a freshmen team though, it’s called JVB. JVA will be mostly Jrs and a few Sophs sprinkled in playing a JV schedule. JVB will be the remaining Sophs and Freshmen. Supposedly no Jrs will play in any JVB game.

Fenwick will be playing a partial freshmen schedule It is not listed as a freshmen team though, it’s called JVB. JVA will be mostly Jrs and a few Sophs sprinkled in playing a JV schedule. JVB will be the remaining Sophs and Freshmen. Supposedly no Jrs will play in any JVB game.
Correction of this post. I apologize. JVA will mostly Sophs with a handful of Jrs sprinkled in playing a JV schedule

uh saw Fenwick last year JV and Varsity not a good situation. Best kid graduated and is now at Dayton, he made over 50% of tackles could be a long year.
No argument here. My son plays for Badin. I have a nephew at Fenwick so I pass along info I hear from my brother about Fenwick. Fenwick is a wreck right now. Numbers are decent, but just no real talent/athleticism amongst the 4 classes. Sr running back is pretty solid, Jr Qb is a decent athlete, but that is about it. They have a receiver who they say has some talent but has trouble catching the ball and has average speed. Little Miami spanked them in the scrimmage last Saturday. But I hope the kick the crap out of Edgewood week 3. Might be the only game they win

Bump.

Anything notable happening around the GCL Co-ed? How are first scrimmages going?
Alter defense is really, really good this year. Troy, Butler, and Beavercreek struggled most of the quad scrimmage this past weekend. Offensively, Alter needs to find a QB fast. I know they have a senior and freshman in the mix. The freshman is Bazelak's cousin from what I've been told. Senior QB was all over the place, throwing INTs, bad option reads, fumbles, etc. Kinda the story I've been hearing all summer that he's not very good. They still scored because they have strong backfield but hopefully 2nd scrimmage can clear things up.