First Set of Rankings for the 2023-24 Season - July 26

what weight does your son want to be ranked at,,lol
Haha, No sir. Not my kid, Or one kid for that matter. Woodi, Willen, Walker,Mozden all snubbed for srs. Rizzo,Sarabia,Gregory,Weimer are not top 30 jrs with other kids that have not had the same success in? Mckinney 17 after pretty much winning state(Robbed) non placers in front of him? Carson Thomas is top 10 easy! Sophomores looks upside down, Sophomores have a kid who didn’t place ahead of state champs and placers, Fargo finalists and placers… So yeah, They look like they were drawn out of a hat.

Last edited:
Haha, No sir. Not my kid, Or one kid for that matter. Woodi, Willen, Walker,Mozden all snubbed for srs. Rizzo,Sarabia,Gregory,Weimer are not top 30 jrs with other kids that have not had the same success in? Mckinney 17 after pretty much winning state(Robbed) non placers in front of him? Carson Thomas is top 10 easy! Sophomores looks upside down, Sophomores have a kid who didn’t place ahead of state champs and placers, Fargo finalists and placers… So yeah, They look like they were drawn out of a hat.
Yeah I just noticed that now but the jr rankings make no sense What made Sanderfer 6. How is McKinney only 17. you can’t even explain Timar at 25 it’s that bad. How does getting an 8th in d2 one year get you ranked. Is performance in national tournaments taken into account or strength of schedule. I’m not trying to cater to one team but it to me seems tough to justify a lot of these rankings.

Yeah I just noticed that now but the jr rankings make no sense What made Sanderfer 6. How is McKinney only 17. you can’t even explain Timar at 25 it’s that bad. How does getting an 8th in d2 one year get you ranked. Is performance in national tournaments taken into account or strength of schedule. I’m not trying to cater to one team but it to me seems tough to justify a lot of these rankings.
It's all just for fun, it's all just for fun.

I did find it curious that he didn’t have 3X placer Jaxson Rosselli ranked. And then I saw that Javan Yarbrough was also honorable mention. The only thing I can think is that he doesn’t believe they will be big enough at the next level?

I did find it curious that he didn’t have 3X placer Jaxson Rosselli ranked. And then I saw that Javan Yarbrough was also honorable mention. The only thing I can think is that he doesn’t believe they will be big enough at the next level?
Who would Rosselli be ranked ahead of? He was pinned and majored by the sophomore J. Green at states and lost 9-3 to hold back freshman Rohr. Yarbrough was a junior at D2 106 that lacked any real depth. He had losses this summer to Limbert and Green (believe someone pointed this out previously and happened at Central Regionals). Again, who should he be ranked above? I am curious about the ranking of junior Schmeltzer, who failed to even place at D3 last year but is ranked in the top 20 in class of 2025.

Who would Rosselli be ranked ahead of? He was pinned and majored by the sophomore J. Green at states and lost 9-3 to hold back freshman Rohr. Yarbrough was a junior at D2 106 that lacked any real depth. He had losses this summer to Limbert and Green (believe someone pointed this out previously and happened at Central Regionals). Again, who should he be ranked above? I am curious about the ranking of junior Schmeltzer, who failed to even place at D3 last year but is ranked in the top 20 in class of 2025.
I am not going to point out any kids that I think either of them should be ranked above, because I think it is in bad taste. But I could certainly make the argument that both of these kids are far more accomplished at the state and/or national level than several of the ranked wrestlers.

And Limbert and Green are outstanding wrestlers.

I'm sure he does hours of research but might miss some results here and there. I wouldn't worry too much about class rankings (or any rankings) in September.

it will all work out in march.its just a ranking.
100% agree that rankings are just rankings and don't mean much especially in September, but I do think @Huckleberry raises a good point. It's curious that the '24 class rankings don't included anyone under 132lbs.

I understand the argument that the lighter weights typically have more underclassmen, but that does not necessarily make the lighter weights less competitive, less deep, or necessarily make a senior 113 or 120lber less recruitable - in fact I'd argue that a career 125s are in high demand.

These rankings value middle weight state qualifiers over light weight multi-time state placers & state champs (not to mention Fargo, Ironman & Beast of East success), And if depth is the argument, how does one reconcile the disparity in depth from D1 to D3?

Rosselli & Yarborough are great wrestlers to be sure and I have no doubt that both will land somewhere on a D1 roster. I also agree that Limbert and Green are studs as well.

Last edited:
....his teammate Derricks for one.

I am not going to point out any kids that I think either of them should be ranked above, because I think it is in bad taste. But I could certainly make the argument that both of these kids are far more accomplished at the state and/or national level than several of the ranked wrestlers.

That’s a fair point. It is an impossible job. I do think there are some lighter weight guys that get overlooked for sure, especially in c/o 2024 but I also think strength of the weight (for high placers) has to be examined. I’ve seen instances of nationally ranked guys not being ranked top 20 or 30 in OH. But, at the end of the day all of these kids are studs and apologize if my comment inferred anything different. As others said, it all gets sorted out in March. And kudos to boro for providing this service for absolutely nothing in return.

I think that doing a 2nd team, 3rd team-maybe(gotta end it somewhere though) instead of the honorable mention would be fun. The Honorable mention is very watered down. But I do get that this would take more of Boro's time...but we could just click more for the effort;)

It IS an incredibly difficult job to keep up with all of them. And there is a fine line between not big enough to go 125 and career 125. But career 125 is one of the most valuable commodities in college wrestling.

My son is a lightweight, so I am just more familiar with them.

On the new site is there old class rankings we can go back to and relook at how guys faired in college to your rankings.

On the new site is there old class rankings we can go back to and relook at how guys faired in college to your rankings.
I have just started the process of adding them back. I have to re-enter them one by one, so it will take me a little bit of time, but I am hoping to finish them within the next week or so.

Other than Perrysburg, NW Ohio doesn't have much to offer in the way of state title contending teams at any of the divisions. A few individuals with #1 rankings (and #1 national), but as a whole - continuing the downslide.

It IS an incredibly difficult job to keep up with all of them. And there is a fine line between not big enough to go 125 and career 125. But career 125 is one of the most valuable commodities in college wrestling.

My son is a lightweight, so I am just more familiar with them.
Javann Y. registered at 125 for GFC.