Expressions that I'm sick of hearing

"In the X space" as in when someone says "So and so does a good job in that space"

Others..in daily living:
Enjoy the grind
Be the hardest worker in the room
The only easy day was yesterday
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
Or, when some meaningless stat is mentioned about how many shots Michael Jordan missed in his career, as if it somehow translates into one's personal life in a nonsport setting.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Hump day
Staycation, or most any new portmanteau that seem to pop up daily anymore
Breakfast nook

Sports idioms:
"Gameflow"
"He's got a motor that never stops"
"he/she is a gamer"
TV and print ads that say "level up your X" whether it's wardrobe, some piece of sports equipment, etc.
"l'il" in place of little. "Here is my l'il gym"

Football cliches i hate anymore-
When a running back jumps up after a good run and makes a feeding motion like a soup spoon from a bowl
When a wideout makes a first down after a catch, gets up, runs about 5 yards away and extends his arm because his team gota first down.
When a defensive player makes a good stop, gets up shaking his head like 'don't bring that in here'
Every 3rd player having long hair sticking 8-12 inches out the back of helmet.

Yes, I am oldschool. Oh wait, I hate THAT one, too. LOL
And you are kinda persnickety. Just saying........is that one permitted.....?

Have a good one

Swagger

I've been disrespected (translation: I wanted my arse kissed and it didn't happen.)

Almost forgot.....all the stuff you hear back and forth from the knuckle draggers regarding ohio state and michigan. Take off your Walmart jersey and shut up already.

"Have a good one" is the new "Have a good day".

Back in the day when the phrase "Have a good day" started to become popular, my dad would occasionally respond good-naturedly (but with some underlying snark) to the person who said it "No thanks, I've made other plans." :giggle:

Nowadays, I've adopted his attitude when some clerk tells me to "Have a good one" by responding "Have a good what???"

Did I ever tell you about the time...? (Okay, I say it myself.It's a rare occasion when I want anyone to say it to me.)

“And I’m here for it”
“XYZ is everything!”
“Yass queen!”
“Squad goals” or just “#goals”
“Adulting”
“I can’t even”
“XYZ is fire” Note: not the same as saying a team/player is ON fire during a hot streak, that’s still ok with me
“Hits different”

Since we are doing sports gestures..
1. Defensive players putting their fist up signalling 4th down after a 3rd down tackle.
Funniest part is when they're wrong and the ref signals 1st down
2. After a turnover the entire D runs to the end zone to celebrate- home or away. Imagine Jacksonville doing that during bottlegate in Cleveland

when a waiter or waitress say, "what are WE having tonight." as if they are dinning with you.

I had an uncle that started most every conversation with the saying, "Well, in there anyways". I never knew what that meant...

Reactions: SLS
A couple more. I actually caught myself using these.

Peel back the onion-dig into the layers of something or some concept.
Down in the weeds - when you're deeply involved in something, like at work.

Had a boss on my first job who had several annoying expressions which were uttered repeatedly daily.

"Y'know. A man don't know. Y'know. A man don't know what he's doin' half the time." (And he didn't.)
"Ok, boys let's make a showing today."
"Let's do a AA job today, boys. Big AA job."

Had a friend in college who, when he wanted to stress something, would say:
"I'm not joking around! C'mon. All seriousness aside. All seriousness aside."
He couldn't figure out why we were laughing at him.

A lieutenant in the National Guard whose command I was under loved to yell in his high-pitched voice when guys were goofing off.
"The honeymoon's over. GD it. The honeymoon's over."

Had a boss on my first job who had several annoying expressions which were uttered repeatedly daily.

"Y'know. A man don't know. Y'know. A man don't know what he's doin' half the time." (And he didn't.)
"Ok, boys let's make a showing today."
"Let's do a AA job today, boys. Big AA job."

Had a friend in college who, when he wanted to stress something, would say:
"I'm not joking around! C'mon. All seriousness aside. All seriousness aside."
He couldn't figure out why we were laughing at him.

A lieutenant in the National Guard whose command I was under loved to yell in his high-pitched voice when guys were goofing off.
"The honeymoon's over. GD it. The honeymoon's over."
I stopped reading at that point......

Mine are more announcing pet peeves.
In baseball when they say "He made one bad pitch all game" that resulted in the big game losing hit. BS. He made many bad pitches. Some were taken, some were fouled off, some were swung and missed, some were hit on the screws for an out, some were just a solid hit that didnt lead to a run, etc.

When a QB cannot find someone to throw to and they say "Look at this, there is no one to throw to" as some defenders may be in the general area.
BS. In the NFL you THROW most guys open. Passes are thrown all the freaking time with a defender right on the receiver's hit.

but i digress.