Elder Football 2020

According to Scott Springer, Elder is still scheduled to play Floyd Central.

Elder has also faced football scheduling issues. Their latest issue involves the Ohio Capital Conference also going league-only, leaving the Panthers with holes in their schedule Aug. 28 in hosting Gahanna Lincoln and Sept. 11 in traveling to Dublin Coffman.

Recently, Ryle of the KHSAA backed out of hosting Elder Sept. 25 out of concerns about the Panthers traveling from another area. Elder still has a game set for Sept. 4 against Floyd Central of Indiana, where the IHSAA schools haven't had many issues.

Friday, GCL-South officials will discuss their scheduling options.

This is what I am hearing as well, 6 week season with no opponent for week 1 as of yet........all 5 games scheduled are home games. Furthermore, the GCL teams met on Tuesday and it was decided NOT to play each other twice this year....Moeller was only school that wanted to in GCL, but that is probably due to the fact they don't have any home games and wanted to have a few at their "practice" field on Saturday afternoons (no lights).
Multiple media outlets are reporting the GCL South ADs won't meet until Friday. None that I have seen mentioned a meeting on Tuesday.

If Moeller was really the only school interested in playing each GCLS opponent twice, they must have abandoned that plan very quickly since they picked up a game versus East Central yesterday.

Moeller also moved their Trinity game back a week in order to comply with KHSAA new start date. To say Moeller wanted to play the GCL twice is very confusing when they are trying to add other games.

In Ryle's defense, Covid-19 is known to not cross state lines and certainly no one that works for Boone County Schools lives in Ohio.

Is Beechwood any good nowadays? They used to be the best small school in NKY, right?
Beechwood has dropped down. They lost to Taft last year. I would say they are about like Mariemont or Maderia. Its a "Fancy" area of Kenton county much like Madiera or Mariemont. They are good for a small school, but if they played a mid level GMC school, they would get beat.

Who else was cursing at their TV or Radio during DeWine's "Corona", that is a laugh, update? What a political move bringing in a doctor to talk about heart issues related to Covid. As the doc rattled off his percentages of heart-related issues of athlete Covid patients I hoped that DeWIne would ask how the percentages compare to other viruses. That was clearly asking too much. That he had the Doc appear at the news conference provided an indication of what way he is leaning. Given he is doing a bit of a sidestep it important that you let him know how you feel.

Who else was cursing at their TV or Radio during DeWine's "Corona", that is a laugh, update? What a political move bringing in a doctor to talk about heart issues related to Covid. As the doc rattled off his percentages of heart-related issues of athlete Covid patients I hoped that DeWIne would ask how the percentages compare to other viruses. That was clearly asking too much. That he had the Doc appear at the news conference provided an indication of what way he is leaning. Given he is doing a bit of a sidestep it important that you let him know how you feel.

Yes, the heart issues are a concern, but those issues exists for all other viral infections. I really want the kids to play, but I’m tired of fighting this battle every week. It’s impossible to get excited for this season as a fan bc every day, it feels like they’re looking for reasons to cancel the season.

My impression after watching and listening to the Governor's Press Conference was that he (Gov Dewine) is bringing in an expert of Cardiology to educate us on the risks associated with the COVID virus. Sounds to me like he is not going to make the decision on play, but rather provide us with the knowledge to make the decision on whether we let our boys/girls play, He has empowered and partnered with the football coaches/schools to provide an environment that will encourage the players to follow the protocol that will enable the season to happen. I much prefer his approach to that of the Big Ten's approach of making the decision for everyone. Hopefully we all can do our part in making the season happen.

My impression after watching and listening to the Governor's Press Conference was that he (Gov Dewine) is bringing in an expert of Cardiology to educate us on the risks associated with the COVID virus. Sounds to me like he is not going to make the decision on play, but rather provide us with the knowledge to make the decision on whether we let our boys/girls play, He has empowered and partnered with the football coaches/schools to provide an environment that will encourage the players to follow the protocol that will enable the season to happen. I much prefer his approach to that of the Big Ten's approach of making the decision for everyone. Hopefully we all can do our part in making the season happen.
If professional athletes and College athletes aren’t going to follow strict rules and conditions! What makes anyone think young teenagers will ? Let’s just have all kids parent’s sign a waiver and play sports !

Yes, the heart issues are a concern, but those issues exists for all other viral infections. I really want the kids to play, but I’m tired of fighting this battle every week. It’s impossible to get excited for this season as a fan bc every day, it feels like they’re looking for reasons to cancel the season.

From Mike Dyer...
OHSAA interim executive director Bob Goldring told member schools in a memo tonight that conversations continue with the governor’s office and he believes "our plans to move forward with the start of our seasons are in concert."

This seemed like a big long shot, but it's happening. First game in 2 weeks vs. unknown opponent. Let's hope the players do their best to stay healthy and make responsible decisions. They wanted the season, now they got to make the sacrifices necessary for the games to happen.

Beechwood has dropped down. They lost to Taft last year. I would say they are about like Mariemont or Maderia. Its a "Fancy" area of Kenton county much like Madiera or Mariemont. They are good for a small school, but if they played a mid level GMC school, they would get beat.
they won state in 2016-2018.

jtk
()

You can’t tell me they don’t have just as many kids growing up in the Oak Hills sports system playing baseball, football, and basketball. They absolutely play sports at the same numbers as the kids that attend Elder.
not when they get to high school. lol. and if you read what i posted, a lot of the better ones end up at a catholic high school.

the youth football organizations killed them years ago with their cry baby attitudes. btw, this years soph class is really good, and they have some good grades coming through the ranks if they keep playing and stay at OH.

jtk
()

not when they get to high school. lol. and if you read what i posted, a lot of the better ones end up at a catholic high school.

the youth football organizations killed them years ago with their cry baby attitudes. btw, this years soph class is really good, and they have some good grades coming through the ranks if they keep playing and stay at OH.

jtk
()

Who are all of these Oak Hills grade school studs that end up at Catholic High Schools?

From Mike Dyer...

This seemed like a big long shot, but it's happening. First game in 2 weeks vs. unknown opponent. Let's hope the players do their best to stay healthy and make responsible decisions. They wanted the season, now they got to make the sacrifices necessary for the games to happen.
I know Elder has been training like games are being played. However, the OHSAA kept putting everyone in a lurch over these past few months. That’s ok if you have a large conference, but it really screws over the GCL and other pvt schools

The main board posted and confirmed here. That LaSalle is playing DuPont Manual out of Louisville 9/18. https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb20/83614

1597426556230.png

Right now Elder is locked into Moe, X, LaSalle, Virginia, and Floyd Central. The GMC situation with Middletown could allow for Elder to pick up one of those schools but it's all still up in the air and could even change during the year.

Right now Elder is locked into Moe, X, LaSalle, Virginia, and Floyd Central. The GMC situation with Middletown could allow for Elder to pick up one of those schools but it's all still up in the air and could even change during the year.
Probably not. Besides Colerain, the odd man out in the GMC will try to pick up the odd man out in the ECC. Walnut Hills is not playing either.

This is really pissing me off. They keep jerking these players and coaches around with this non committal crap. Either give the green light now, or cancel the season. You’re not doing anyone any favors at this point, you’re just wasting everyone’s time

According to Scott Springer, Middletown's not fully back yet.

Mike Dyer also posted this:
Phase One of the OHSAA return to play guidelines means no contact.

There should be a minimum distance of 6 feet between each individual at all times, according to the OHSAA recommendations from this past spring. If this is not possible, the number of individuals in the room should be decreased until proper social distancing can occur.

It sounds like they back to where schools were allowed to be in May--skills training with no contact. Middletown might play football in 2020, but they might not start their season in two weeks. From a normal football safety perspective, they'll probably need to re-acclimate.

Again, make a damn decision. All of this pussyfooting around helps nobody. Either go all in or cancel, stop teasing the kids, it’s becoming borderline cruel.

I’m not sure if it’s better or worse getting LS week 1. My gut tells me it’s a disadvantage bc Elder has a lot more to replace. The Defense should be solid on all levels, but I don’t see them stopping Payne, Smith, Branham.

Last edited:
Who are all of these Oak Hills grade school studs that end up at Catholic High Schools?
you really are being a turd. lasalle, x and elder have all benefited. elder and x not as well as lasalle. when a school struggling like OH in football loses d1 and d2 athletes it hurts the program.....its not a who are all these studs question. just a few here and there will hurt a program struggling. lasalle had 2 OH kids start as freshman at lasalle as linebackers. you think that doesn't hurt building up a program?

i also said that the feeder/younger OH grades have some legit studs. we shall see who swoops in and scoops them up

jtk
()