Elder Football 2020

oak hills has so many students argument is getting old. just because you have a lot of kids doesn't mean the kids play sports. plus they don't lose a lot of kids to catholic, but the ones they do lose are difference makers.

jtk
()
OH is competitive in every other sport. It shows the importance in HS football of having a consistent pipeline of players plus development. It also shows how much more important football is than every other sport bc Colerain is literally the inverse. They suck at every sport but football, yet they don’t have the negative stigma around the athletic program like Oak Hills.

I don’t think there is a negative stigma around the whole OH athletic program except in your narrow mind.

Why do you never hear about how well they compete in b-ball and baseball? The only time you ever hear OH discussed on a broad level is with how bad they’ve been at football.

oak hills has so many students argument is getting old. just because you have a lot of kids doesn't mean the kids play sports. plus they don't lose a lot of kids to catholic, but the ones they do lose are difference makers.

jtk
()

How much of OH lack of competing in football due to
1. The years of ineptness in their grade school feeder programs
2. Boys playing in grade school but not wanting to make a commitment to the sport in high school.

To me, training for football has to be one of the hardest things to do in the off season - it is a commitment because you have to get bigger, stronger, faster. The only

Dyer reporting that the GMC is moving to conference only scheduling for this year. Originally scheduled weeks 3 thru 8 will be played during 1 thru 6 now.

Dyer is also reporting that Middletown was included in the GMC's schedule for 2020 even though the Middies' athletic programs are still suspended indefinitely.

Any updates on the schedule? Should we all just assume it’s going to be home and homes with the GCL for the 6 games? Most seem to be sticking to conference play heading into the playoffs. If that’s the case, thats a tough schedule for the Panthers. I would see them going 3-3, worst case 2-4.

I don’t see them beating LaSalle, best case scenario with X is a split, and the should probably beat Moe twice. Moe might go 0-6.

Let's try to look at this with the info we have.

KHSAA and IHSAA are full steam ahead. So games vs teams from those states should be on. The GMC went to conference only, so any GMC vs GCL game is not happening. LaSalle added Cathedral late in June or July for September 25th. From the tweet from above Moeller added East Central. Assuming that the GCL will play each other in the regular season and based on the common open dates, and me trying to do a version of sudoku I came up with the following.

I still have Elder open on September 25th and LaSalle open on August 28th and September 18th. Moeller is open September 18th.

GCL Game swould be.

Week 1 Moeller vs Elder
Week 2 X vs LaSalle
Week 3 Elder vs LaSalle
Week 5 Moeller vs X
Week 6 Elder vs X and Moeller vs LaSalle.

1597284127399.png

Games that are list with all caps are dates that would work for everyone to play everyone and would not mess up anyone elses game. This is just me guessing.

Last edited:
From the sound of this because both the ECC and GMC will have odd numbers of teams. (Walnut Hills and Middletown not playing) The open weeks in each conference will play each other. At least that is what two smart ads would do.

1597283947876.png

I'm thinking when its all said and done it will be a GCL only schedule. 6 games. Home and away. It's crazy that the season could start two weeks from Friday and the schedule is not set?????

I'm thinking when its all said and done it will be a GCL only schedule. 6 games. Home and away. It's crazy that the season could start two weeks from Friday and the schedule is not set?????
Yeah, this is why the OHSAA needed to make this announcement earlier. Colleges already have the bulk of the schedule set, so they can be flexible on when to start the season. Elder’s up s***s creek w/o a paddle.

Harrison announced they are only playing league / conference games .
Of course... what a mess. Maybe Elder plays one other GCL school 2x? IDK, I’m not sure why they’re messing around with scheduling non conf teams, the season starts in 2 weeks.

nobody’s going to throw money to college players to play pro football because of this. A new league is already hard enough. And if you are one of those players, why would you go to a new league when the NFL is where you want to be, and get the best money?

They could play immediately in whatever league wanted to go head to head with NFL. Would some of these Big 10 players take the money now and sign on to play immediately this fall in the CFL/XFL or wait and see how they will slot in the NFL draft with no prior season. Joe Burrow is a perfect example of how a single season could change everything. Now, they likely won't have that season before the NFL draft.

This would be my suggestion. Combine with Ed's and Ignatius for 1 season to form the Ohio Cathlolic League (OCL).

Elder
Moeller
St. Xavier
Lasalle
St. Ed's
St. Ignatius
1 week open for each of them to schedule a non-conference opponent or take a bye week

This would be my suggestion. Combine with Ed's and Ignatius for 1 season to form the Ohio Cathlolic League (OCL).

Elder
Moeller
St. Xavier
Lasalle
St. Ed's
St. Ignatius
1 week open for each of them to schedule a non-conference opponent or take a bye week

One big problem with this is St. Ignatius has suspended all fall sports until September 8th. There is no way they will be ready to play a regular season game until September 18th.

Hearing Eds cancelled.

1. ?
2. Floyd Central In.
3. LaSalle
4. Moeller?
5. Virginia
6. St. X
This is what I am hearing as well, 6 week season with no opponent for week 1 as of yet........all 5 games scheduled are home games. Furthermore, the GCL teams met on Tuesday and it was decided NOT to play each other twice this year....Moeller was only school that wanted to in GCL, but that is probably due to the fact they don't have any home games and wanted to have a few at their "practice" field on Saturday afternoons (no lights).

This is what I am hearing as well, 6 week season with no opponent for week 1 as of yet........all 5 games scheduled are home games. Furthermore, the GCL teams met on Tuesday and it was decided NOT to play each other twice this year....Moeller was only school that wanted to in GCL, but that is probably due to the fact they don't have any home games and wanted to have a few at their "practice" field on Saturday afternoons (no lights).

So I’m assuming the last game to get scheduled would be a GCL game as they’d never let them get away with having all 3 GCL games at home. And I can’t imagine the Virginia team is still traveling, are they? Floyd must have a decent team if they’ve kept this game.

I can understand this. Just as a fan, I'd rather see them play different teams. I'm sure as coaches and players they'd rather not play each other twice especially with a good chance of seeing each other for a 3rd time in the playoffs. I'm thinking they may re-evaluate next week depending on how each school is doing filling the 3 non league games.

I was getting suspicious. Elder has been removed from Floyd’s schedule and it would seem playing a team from Virginia is a long shot. I could still see GCL home and home.
The schedule listed here is from 2019. https://fchs.nafcs.k12.in.us/athletics/football-2/

But if you go to https://www.fchighlanderfootball.co...hnaWveI_qIa1mruP1XeWB_T6tuUQRwe6oi35CbzJonifc and then click schedule Elder is still here. https://6c33194d-0f96-464f-962f-ee8...d/00dd29_4b82a5d818b0467098fb9b4629ba955a.pdf