Sunday:
Kings (3-2) at DeSales (5-1)

Monday:
Winton Woods (4-0) at Anderson (3-1)

Tuesday:
Western Brown (1-3) at Milford (3-2)
Turpin (5-0) at Winton Woods (4-0)

Miamisburg 72, Lebanon 69
- Lebanon was outscored 23-9 in the second quarter, which was the difference in the game

Middletown 52, Little Miami 34

Lutheran East 71, Winton Woods 45
- Didn't even realize this one was happening, but holy crap. Winton Woods got mauled, they were down 49-16 at halftime

Last edited:
December 14 MaxPreps Ohio rankings for ECC teams (Before last Friday):

#91 Turpin (+10.23)
#128 Anderson (+8.25)
#182 Kings (+6.06)
#216 Lebanon (+4.71)
#238 Milford (+3.86)
#277 Little Miami (+2.52)
#457 Loveland (-3.51)
#582 West Clermont (-8.94)
#593 Walnut Hills (-9.75)

Winton Woods wasn't ranked because a bunch of their scores hadn't been reported

Miamisburg 72, Lebanon 69
- Lebanon was outscored 23-9 in the second quarter, which was the difference in the game

Middletown 52, Little Miami 34

Lutheran East 71, Winton Woods 45
- Didn't even realize this one was happening, but holy crap. Winton Woods got mauled, they were down 49-16 at halftime
I wonder if when scheduling, Winton Woods coaches actually thought that they would compete with Lue East. Have no business playing in a showcase like that and being down 33 at halftime. McKinley leaving Link Academy for WW continues to be mind boggling.

Last edited:
I wonder if when scheduling, Winton Woods coaches actually thought that they would compete with Lue East. Have no business playing in a showcase like that and being down 33 at halftime. McKinley leaving Link Academy for WW continues to be mind boggling.
Pretty sure this game was scheduled after McKinley went to WW. With McKinley they should be able to compete.

Pretty sure this game was scheduled after McKinley went to WW. With McKinley they should be able to compete.
Yeah with a top 100 recruit I guess you should expect to compete with any team. But then again if you being honest about your team, maybe the expectation is a bit lower and you save yourself the embarrassment of getting blown out by an experienced reigning state champ. Maybe I’m being too harsh and disappointed because I had my own expectation of WW, but I think it was made clear that they had no business on that court with or without McKinley.

MaxPreps ECC rankings Dec. 18 (Several of Friday's games still aren't in the system)

#103 Winton Woods (+10.89)
#125 Turpin (+9.79)
#250 Milford (+5.24)
#307 Kings (+3.20)
#361 Little Miami (+1.76)
#401 Anderson (+0.54)
#443 Loveland (-0.66)
#450 Lebanon (-0.88)
#733 West Clermont (-12.26)
#736 Walnut Hills (-12.86)

Walnut didn't score a point in the first quarter vs. Kings
They outscored them the rest of the way, though! Ugly game for Kings, but they got some big contributions from guys who hadn’t done much so far, so hopefully it will help them in the long run. They finally got Nurre out there for some real minutes. He’s still pretty raw, but he’s by far the biggest body they’ve got right now.
Slow starts have killed my Eagles, I am optimistic from what I see, Cj Claxton the leading scorer was sick and just could not get it going and the early turnovers in the Kings game they just could not climb out of it

Milford 78, Western Brown 59
- Milford coasted to the win, outscoring Western Brown by 8 in each of the first 3 quarters

Winton Woods 65, Turpin 55
- Great game between the ECC's two best teams. Turpin had an 8-0 run at the end of the first, and WW responded with a 12-0 run to start the second. The teams were tied heading into the 4th, but a Turpin player suffered a bad injury (Twitter didn't say who). After the game was tied 50-50 in the mid-4th, Winton Woods scored 15 points in under 5 minutes to pull away and take the victory.

This week's slate:

Wednesday
Milford (4-2) @ Harrison (4-3)

Friday
West Clermont (0-5) @ Walnut Hills (0-5)
Turpin (5-1) @ #23 Moeller (5-0)
Lebanon (3-4) @ Little Miami (2-4)
Kings (3-3) @ Loveland (2-4)
Anderson (3-1) @ Milford (4-2)

Idle: Winton Woods

Last edited:
Yeah with a top 100 recruit I guess you should expect to compete with any team. But then again if you being honest about your team, maybe the expectation is a bit lower and you save yourself the embarrassment of getting blown out by an experienced reigning state champ. Maybe I’m being too harsh and disappointed because I had my own expectation of WW, but I think it was made clear that they had no business on that court with or without McKinley.
WW is a good team, but not a great team. I watched them play against Turpin. The Mckinley kid dominated because there was no big for Turpin.
He did what he was suppose to do taking advantage of the size mismatch. I think they rely too much on the two man game between the two formal Walnut Hills players. WW has talent, but the others aren't getting enough playing time if any. They should win the ECC, but beyond that the jury still out.

This week's slate:

Wednesday
Milford (4-2) @ Harrison (4-3)

Friday
West Clermont (0-5) @ Walnut Hills (0-5)
Turpin (5-1) @ Moeller (5-0)
Lebanon (3-4) @ Little Miami (2-4)
Kings (3-3) @ Loveland (2-4)
Anderson (3-1) @ Milford (4-2)

Idle: Winton Woods
Who 0 will go? I'm going with the home team Eagles
Moeller beat Turpin
Lebanon beat LM
Kings beats Loveland
Milford continues to roll over Anderson

MaxPreps rankings Dec. 21

#46 Winton Woods (+15.21)
#132 Turpin (+10.25)
#165 Milford (+8.82)
#275 Kings (+4.74)
#371 Anderson (+1.73)
#427 Little Miami (+0.34)
#435 Lebanon (+0.06)
#441 Loveland (-0.17)
#712 West Clermont (-10.33)
#745 Walnut Hills (-12.41)

Walnut Hills 16, West Clermont 15, end 1Q

#13 Damien Brock of Walnut Hills, who I haven't seen play yet, is making an impact for the Eagles. Rayshawn Hubbard good as always.

19-17 LM over Lebanon at the half.

Chivingtons substitution strategy continues to be very questionable including not starting Anthony Thompson tonight. Doesn’t keep most players in long enough to even get in a rhythm and the offense is showing that

West Clermont 29, Walnut Hills 24, halftime

Walnut had a foul problem this quarter. Committed something like 8 fouls and sent RayHub to the line multiple times.

54-48 Little Miami over Lebanon. Third game in a row where Chivington is out coached. Davidson went down with an injury early in the first quarter and the offense never looked in sync afterward. Hicks went down with what looked like a concussion (if I had to guess) with a minute left in the game.

The next few games could look very different without those two guards for a stretch.

West Clermont 52, Walnut Hills 49
Little Miami 54, Lebanon 48
#23 Moeller 68, Turpin 46
Anderson 57, Milford 52
Loveland 73, Kings 58

Last edited:
Walnut Report (L 52-49 vs. West Clermont):
- King was probably the best player when he was out there, but he only played 20ish minutes because of foul trouble and fouled out during our comeback attempt.
- Claxton wasn't very good. Ran into a lot of offensive fouls and didn't do a great job leading the offense. At the end, he was chucking up a bunch of prayer balls. Good from the FT line tho.
- Austin has some spunk (2 steal + dunk combos), but in the most critical moment of the game he missed both his free throws, got a rebound and missed the ensuing layup. He can be better.
- Brock is legit. Needs to start eating into the starters' minutes.
- West Clermont probably could have put this game away easier, but they kept getting in their own way. At one point, they were up 48-41 and got called for a shooting foul and a technical on the same play, which let us back into the game. We never led or tied in the 2nd half.

WH needs to look to change things up with who they are giving playing time to. They are very young in general, but the kids who are getting the majority of the minutes are proving to be 0-22 worthy players with pedestrian numbers. Might be time to really build for the future and invest game minutes in the kids that will win you games in future years. 3 games does not a season make, but there are some options with highly skilled players to get more time to see if they can get out of this start of the season funk they are in. Only one way to go from Friday for sure.
After 6 games now, rinse and repeat. I thought they had it figured out with their best team effort at least for q2-q4 vs Kings last week. They gave significant minutes to their younger guys and they were there with Kings with a legit chance to win. Tonight, in their without argument best chance to put up a W all season, you would have thought even more playing time would have been given to those young guys after their prior performance. They reverted back and it cost them. Can’t cook with the same ingredients and expect different quality food. Flip the PT minutes of just the 4 guys that show up in the stat sheet with the starters and WH wins that game. Again, I hope they figure it out because they are staring down a legit shot at 0-22 if they don’t.

54-48 Little Miami over Lebanon. Third game in a row where Chivington is out coached. Davidson went down with an injury early in the first quarter and the offense never looked in sync afterward. Hicks went down with what looked like a concussion (if I had to guess) with a minute left in the game.

The next few games could look very different without those two guards for a stretch.
Yes, I watched the game thanks to Gus Baskets. You could tell Little Miami was prepared for this match up! Unfortunately, Chiv's dictatorship style of coaching isn't going to change. I just don't see a lot of buy in right now from all stake holders. Best of luck the rest of the way they should be able to win their holiday tournament they are hosting next week.

Yes, I watched the game thanks to Gus Baskets. You could tell Little Miami was prepared for this match up! Unfortunately, Chiv's dictatorship style of coaching isn't going to change. I just don't see a lot of buy in right now from all stake holders. Best of luck the rest of the way they should be able to win their holiday tournament they are hosting next week.
what/who is gus buckets