ECC 23-24

In transfer portal... crystal ball Winton Woods
Ya it’s tough, emotions get the best of you. I’m sure he is a good kid
Yeah I think we miiiiiight be going 0-20
That team is pretty bad right now but they will not go 0-20 they are missing a few guys they will be fine come seasons end middle to lower end of the pack

The Lebanon coach went to Austin and began arguing with a teenager

I doubt that he is leaving his father is on the coaching staff and was a pretty great athlete himself that took a really bad Aiken team and made them pretty good back in the day

That team is pretty bad right now but they will not go 0-20 they are missing a few guys they will be fine come seasons end middle to lower end of the pack

I doubt that he is leaving his father is on the coaching staff and was a pretty great athlete himself that took a really bad Aiken team and made them pretty good back in the day
I just realized that I recognized that white streak in Harmon’s hair from Walnut Hills last year, not WW. So in an alternate universe, the 49 McKinley and Harmon scored last night could have been on the scoreboard at Lebanon for WH. At risk of hyperbole without having seen WH yet, it seems they could use those guys.

WH needs to look to change things up with who they are giving playing time to. They are very young in general, but the kids who are getting the majority of the minutes are proving to be 0-22 worthy players with pedestrian numbers. Might be time to really build for the future and invest game minutes in the kids that will win you games in future years. 3 games does not a season make, but there are some options with highly skilled players to get more time to see if they can get out of this start of the season funk they are in. Only one way to go from Friday for sure.

WH needs to look to change things up with who they are giving playing time to. They are very young in general, but the kids who are getting the majority of the minutes are proving to be 0-22 worthy players with pedestrian numbers. Might be time to really build for the future and invest game minutes in the kids that will win you games in future years. 3 games does not a season make, but there are some options with highly skilled players to get more time to see if they can get out of this start of the season funk they are in. Only one way to go from Friday for sure.
Who would those players be?

I just realized that I recognized that white streak in Harmon’s hair from Walnut Hills last year, not WW. So in an alternate universe, the 49 McKinley and Harmon scored last night could have been on the scoreboard at Lebanon for WH. At risk of hyperbole without having seen WH yet, it seems they could use those guys.
Those two would boost any team in the state honestly

You gotta be talkin' bout Bobby Austin.....I'll say he was a pretty great athlete. Best basketball player in town in that era, not named LaSalle Thompson. Bobby Austin is still one my all time favorite Bearcats. Never saw a 6'3" wing that could and would go in an rebound the way he did.

Who would those players be?
Take your pick. If you look at the numbers of players getting tons of minutes, you can’t tell me the bench guys couldn’t do much better than the numbers being put up if they got the game minutes to show it. Again, 3 games does not make a season, but being handled pretty easily by teams you are supposed to be right in the running with tells me changes on the court are needed. We will see how it goes these next few weeks for them and see if they can get the ship heading in the right direction.

Take your pick. If you look at the numbers of players getting tons of minutes, you can’t tell me the bench guys couldn’t do much better than the numbers being put up if they got the game minutes to show it. Again, 3 games does not make a season, but being handled pretty easily by teams you are supposed to be right in the running with tells me changes on the court are needed. We will see how it goes these next few weeks for them and see if they can get the ship heading in the right direction.
I’m sure if any of them that aren’t playing a lot could help they’d be playing

There are a couple out of conference games this evening (Lebanon at home v. LaSalle & Loveland at Western Brown)

But with the conference games, any predictions?
Kings @ West Clermont
Turpin @ Milford
Little Miami @ WW
Anderson @ Walnut

I got Kings and WW both winning big. I think Milford pulls another good win out at home against Turpin and I think Walnut continues its losing streak, losing to Anderson

There are a couple out of conference games this evening (Lebanon at home v. LaSalle & Loveland at Western Brown)

Kings @ West Clermont
Turpin @ Milford
Little Miami @ WW
Anderson @ Walnut

I got Kings and WW both winning big. I think Milford pulls another good win out at home against Turpin and I think Walnut continues its losing streak, losing to Anderson
Kings
Turpin
WW
Anderson

Kings @ West Clermont
Turpin @ Milford
Little Miami @ WW
Anderson @ Walnut

I'll be there cheering on my Eagles as always hopefully they can show some fight and pull off an early upset as I fear they may be off to an 0-5 start with having to travel to Kings on Friday

Well, I went to see Kings play, and they got thumped pretty good. Lakota East looked like a pretty dang good team to me, but it’s tough to imagine an ECC contender from tonight’s performance.

The main takeaway for me was really how awesome Mike Mussari was. Last year the ball whizzed all over the court, guys were constantly getting layups and wide open threes, and the defense feasted on turnovers which led to fast breaks out the ting yang. Watching them today, I feel like most of that was due to Mussari’s IQ, presence, opportunism, and communication. Because they got none of those things today.

Apparently the 6’8” sophomore did not make the cut and was replaced by Nurre after football ended. Nurre to me looked like the best of the newcomers. He plays with aggression and confidence. Talan Noyes looked awesome and had 18 or so. Myles Baker looked very aggressive and effective on offense.
Mussari was incredible his hustle and leadership were off the charts.

Mussari was incredible his hustle and leadership were off the charts.
Couldn't agree more. He made last season so much fun to watch.

I was definitely too hasty posting what I did after the Lakota East scrimmage though. Because all the stuff I said they were missing in that scrimmage (ball movement, player movement, turnovers, fast breaks) were in abundance against WW. Talan and Tommy have stepped up to fill the leadership void, and hustle is not certainly not lacking. They're definitely shaping up to be another very fun team to root for.

Kings @ West Clermont
Turpin @ Milford
Little Miami @ WW
Anderson @ Walnut

ill take lebanon in a mild shocker over lasalle....and loveland over western brown i guess but honestly not sure what to make there. loveland 0-4 and appearing struggling

kings easy
milford over turpin in the most competitive game tonight
ww easy
anderson easy

61-52 Anderson with about 8 seconds to go this is the Eagles I’ve expected to see I can confidently say this team will be okay
Impressive. I watched the Anderson WC game replay on NFHS. Anderson didn’t look sharp despite winning big, but they’ve got a lot of guys who just look like basketball players. I think they’re going to be top 3, so good showing for the Eagles.

I watched most of the feed of the Kings WC game. They cut the broadcast off with 1:20 to go and kings up 10.🤬Glad to see they pulled it out. WC definitely played better than they did against Anderson.

Impressive. I watched the Anderson WC game replay on NFHS. Anderson didn’t look sharp despite winning big, but they’ve got a lot of guys who just look like basketball players. I think they’re going to be top 3, so good showing for the Eagles.

I watched most of the feed of the Kings WC game. They cut the broadcast off with 1:20 to go and kings up 10.🤬Glad to see they pulled it out. WC definitely played better than they did against Anderson.
The ECC is a very tough conference right now so much talent my Eagles starting PG did get hurt and missed a lot of game action in the second half hopefully he is not out too long it appeared he hurt his wrist

Lebanon over LaSalle is a very impressive win!
I really thought Milford would be better
Loveland in the win column
WW continues to roll
Kings still working out the kinks
I was in and out of the gym last night but from what I saw the score even seemed a little closer than it was. Maybe it is the LaSalle name but I expected a lot more from them than I saw.

Yeah that Lebanon win is huge. Congrats to them

I’m very surprised the Kings score was that close
It has been mentioned many times but size and depth are huge issues for Kings, both compounded by the fact that their only real "big" is injured. They got outrebounded 28-15 by WC. They created 16 turnovers to negate that. They're currently sending 6'3" Tommy Clarke out for tipoffs, and 5'11" Talan Noyes is currently their leading rebounder. I don't think they're going to win many games by more than about 10 or 11 just because their inability to get defensive rebounds makes getting stops so hard. Anybody who can take care of the ball against them is going to be a challenge.

Friday slate:
Walnut Hills (0-4) at Kings (2-2)
Milford (2-2) at Lebanon (3-2)
Anderson (3-0) at Loveland (1-4)
Little Miami (2-2) at Turpin (4-0)
Winton Woods (3-0) at West Clermont (0-4)

Friday slate:
Walnut Hills (0-4) at Kings (2-2)
Milford (2-2) at Lebanon (3-2)
Anderson (3-0) at Loveland (1-4)
Little Miami (2-2) at Turpin (4-0)
Winton Woods (3-0) at West Clermont (0-4)
kings
milford
loveland
lm
ww

feel like this league is super even. so not sure anything is an upset really....ww head and shoulders above the rest but with every other team who knows yet

Just following on Twitter, Lebanon/Milford sounds wild. Huge third quarter for Lebanon but Milford comes back and hits a tying three at the buzzer. OT

Just following on Twitter, Lebanon/Milford sounds wild. Huge third quarter for Lebanon but Milford comes back and hits a tying three at the buzzer. OT
Final from Lebanon: 67-64 Milford. BAD LOSS for Lebanon

It was a good game but when you’re up with 2:30 left you shouldn’t just play keep away to drain clock like Lebanon did and then do the same thing in OT to lose the game.

Milford is a very solid team but when 20 isn’t out there the plan for them falls apart. He got in foul trouble but they managed him well.

Milford 67, Lebanon 64 (OT)
Kings 53, Walnut Hills 44
Turpin 52, Little Miami 39
Loveland 59, Anderson 40
Winton Woods 70, West Clermont 40

Last edited:
Walnut didn't score a point in the first quarter vs. Kings
They outscored them the rest of the way, though! Ugly game for Kings, but they got some big contributions from guys who hadn’t done much so far, so hopefully it will help them in the long run. They finally got Nurre out there for some real minutes. He’s still pretty raw, but he’s by far the biggest body they’ve got right now.