Dublin Coffman 2022

Good season for the Rocks. Tough loss last night but good season.
the off season will be sure to bring some changes.

BC stinking it up and looking poised to hit rock bottom today ., Jurkovec with two picks already the last one in the end zone . Good work guys .,

Under 48 UVA - Miami looks good at 0-0 after one . (. Long way to go ).

PSU is as usual playing well vs. OSU as Franklin gets crushed by Michigan usually but plays better vs OSU (. Doesn’t win but covers ) This OSU team is hard to go against even with the trend of PSU covering

Sometimes getting those Sunday “ overnights “ (. Basically up at 2-3 AM ) can be the difference as the ones you like sometimes move quick . Notre Dame at + 3 was a play . At closer to Pick ? It’s ok if you really think they are going to win but in these early plays it’s betting numbers not teams : ND looks good right now and getting that value is important even if it’s not needed ultimately . Cuse off of that tough beat at Clemson looks gassed already . ( mentally ). Also getting 4 points of value overnight on the total ( OVER) of WVU TCU ( great O. Meh D. WVU just not stopping people ) is comforting even if there is 49. scored in the first half .

OSU down by a point . Franklin knows how to play OSU , hopefully they bounce back

Good season for the Rocks. Tough loss last night but good season.
the off season will be sure to bring some changes.
Agree, good season but crazy how times have changed so quick. 7-4, lose to rival Jerome for first time and upset in first round to 11 seed Marysville who hasn’t beat Coffman since early 80s I believe.

As if Georgia needs help , Florida still can’t make a play when they bat it , but not away , off his OWN helmet and then up in the air so the Georgia TE can catch it and of course he does and a long lucky gift TD . Shouldn’t have even been thrown. Georgia by 60. 😆

Last edited:
Wyoming travels to the Islands to play the mighty Rainbow Warriors. The Cowboys love to run the ball and Hawaii is playing the run much better lately. The Boys are laying 11.5 on the road. Total we got 50.5 , UNDER is the play . Hawaii has been staying closer to teams lately.

UTEP - 2 Middle Tenn St. - MTSU is reeling. UTEP going in a better direction.

North Carolina -2.5 Pitt -

Ugly game large spread

San Jose State -24 Nevada - Nevada is very bad and off the loss San Jose State sees a path to the league title still. They take no chances here and the WP may see a reason to quit mentally and start folding up the tent.

Fresno State - 8.5 total 41- SD State - ugly year for Fresno after losing their QB but they won last week and the QB is expected to be back [We hope info in correct} and SD State [Total has gone up} think there will be scoring by Fresno who is trying to salvage their season. SDSU is flailing but they may not need to score much to help the total get over. fresno hopefully wins by two scores .

Texas Tech - 2 Baylor, TT has been pretty good for us and they had a nice blow out win last week over West Virginia. They can score and the numbers at home are excellent.

Ole Miss A'M is interesting in that A'M is reeling and their O-Line is banged up badly and they had a couple young Frosh doing some things in the locker room pre-game that necessitated them being put in time out{ Smoke pot pre-game}

Ole Miss at 2 looked good, and the total of 55 is nice considering the pace they play at and Ole Miss defense can be leaky. Like their offense and they got out to a nice lead at LSU but couldn't stop them at all eventually which was good for us as we had LSU. A'M and Jimbo with all their 4 and 5 stars are kind of a punchline, but Ole Miss was a bit overrated. We will cash the Ole Miss OVER season win total at some point and this will help a bit. Line is going up but 2 was fair.

Nebraska has the lead and loses QB in the second quarter and of course zero points. Too many game this year on teams losing QB's to injury. Have taken advantage of back-ups but it was priced in . Not having a team only effective ready QB is a killer.

Like Franklin covers vs.OSU at a great rate , Michigan State covers these double digit lines at a really high rate and Tucker has been good in this spot . In fact Michigan has only beaten MSU by larger than this point speaks ( 23 plus ). ONE time in 19 years !!! Every year it’s. Michigan will finally blow them out. They never do . This year the difference seems large . Low scoring start but MSU is hanging . Too good actress to go against

MSU has had trouble with the pass as we know . They do OK vs. the run . Michigan is a run first , stop it and if you do we throw it team. MSU may hang around for a bit . Michigan defense is ok but not as good as last years

New Orleans at home. Is a dog to the LV Raiders getting 1.5 . Teasing up past the 7 is a decent value in a game they can win .

Got New England at 2 ( 3 now). To beat the Jets in a really crucial game for them. Can’t drop too many more . Jets have gotten some breaks with getting to go against. Backup QB’s.

Carolina getting 4 vs Atlanta ? First time in fav role for Atl . Getting to over 10 here ?

like Indy -3 with QB change

Detroit +. 4. Miami seems a bit generous to a good not top shelf Miami team. Teasing past 10 seems valuable

ditto Arizona getting 4 at Minnesota

Dallas -10 seems a tad heavy but Chicago and Fields won’t run wild here like they did in NE . ( + 16 or so teaser )

Agree, good season but crazy how times have changed so quick. 7-4, lose to rival Jerome for first time and upset in first round to 11 seed Marysville who hasn’t beat Coffman since early 80s I believe.
Must be a good Coffman season based on the new and improved standards.
Lower standards always make things look better!
#BCG

5-1-1 start in the playoffs vs. the Pasteur line . Some surprise winners but got covers in these games . Packers getting the back door cover and getting there in a teaser leg with Detroit made up slightly for the horrific beat in the Indy Wash game.
Have to put away teams when you can . Reminded me of the Coffman Tangy playoff game 2017 . Let ‘‘em hang around and it only takes one long Brave “ heave to the goal line to get the W . Let ‘em go 90 yards because they couldn’t tackle the QB.

Pasteur lines up for regional quarters

R-2

8. Liberty - 5. At. 1 Jerome - Louie has the Country Clubbers as the 10th best team in the region . 8 favored over a One ? Jerome a Harbins made top seed trying to get by Liberty after some losses to them this time of the year.( big blowout )Liberty isn’t that good but they seem to know how to win playoff games the last 6-7 years including two over Coffman

4. Perrysburg -2 5. Berlin - should be a good one . P Burg had trouble with a team they hammered in the reg. season in Findlay . If they play that way here they will turn in equipment next Monday

2. Springfield - 26. 7. Fairmont - favored by almost 4 td’s vs. a team they lost to ? Hmmm. Those points look scallops and bacon tasty ? Fairmont likes to run a lot . Clock runs and they cover ?

3. Centerville -24. 11. Marysville - Rushing dog getting this largesse ? Can’t really measure just how much beating Coffman in a playoff game no
Less means to everyone connected to the Monarch’s program . Do they have enough emotional juice left to get up to as high a level to compete well vs. this team ? Most assuredly grabbing the 24 though

Last edited:
Haven't seen any film on Centerville, but based on their defensive results the entire game may not get to 24 pts. Marysville is stoppable, but will Centerville have a balanced offensive attack needed to roll up big numbers? If they just try to run it down Marysville's throat, could be a lot of punting in this game.

Looks like Springfield was supposed to win the first game by 26 too, but one thing that can't be argued is that loss really woke them up. They destroyed 2 very good teams in boro and cville soon after. Fairmont seems to have an exceptional defense but lacking firepower on offense. That could spell trouble and a big blowout if Springfield corrects the issues from the first game and plans better on offense.

Liberty game is very tough to call with that line. Agree they seem to always figure things out this time of year, and I know Jerome still has significant injury issues. At that spread I'm inclined to lean Jerome knowing I'm covered in a 28-24 Liberty type game.

Despite the narrow miss last week, still fairly impressed with what I've seen from Perrysburg on film. The two teams are almost like mirror images, PB has a stud tailback who is hard to bring down, QB will run and they also use spread/RPO concepts a lot and have capable downfield receivers. Defense looked exploitable against the run one play, completely buttoned up and tough the next.

To me, this entire game should come down to Berlin QB play. When he is accurate throwing the ball and the OC is calling high % routes like in the Marysville game, Berlin is a very tough team to keep up with. If throwing accuracy is what it was vs. Jerome or even last week (yes, a blowout, but should have been running clock much sooner had passing accuracy been there and not encouraging as you move on to better teams), Berlin will not win this game.

Love to see them pull this one out, because next week's game is winnable for them regardless of who wins, and that would setup a regional final against Diarrhea Boy's Springfield team, which is likely to get both of us suspended from Yappi.

On a scale of 1 to 10, where are we ranking the necessity of beating Pick Central this time around for PN? Every win after week 10 is a nominally big win for every program… but not every program is waist-deep in having to put bite to their bark like PN currently is.

On a scale of 1 to 10, where are we ranking the necessity of beating Pick Central this time around for PN? Every win after week 10 is a nominally big win for every program… but not every program is waist-deep in having to put bite to their bark like PN currently is.
They have no real bark right now . Very fortunate to get out of the round of 64 . PN should cover the Louie line (21). But I can’t imagine them winning the game . I can’t recall a team being looked at one way ( as a strong team) and actually playing very well at one point of the season and then regressing to the point of just being ordinary by seasons end without a tremendous amount of injury .

PN has gotten worse . PC is not dynamic and not a vintage PC team by any account , but they have heart and have pulled together well . They should roll.in a classic grind it out in control fashion. First thought is 24 -10!

Last edited:
Based on the way they played the last half of the season, including last week, I can't give PN more than a 0.1% chance of winning that game. So whatever the answer to your question is, they are gonna be setup for disappointment.

They have no real bark right now . Very fortunate to get out of the round of 64 . PN should cover the Louie line (21). But I can’t imagine them winning the game . I can’t recall a team being looked at one way ( as a strong team) and actually playing very well at one point of the season and then regressing to the point of just being ordinary by seasons end without a tremendous amount of injury .

PN has gotten worse . PC is not dynamic and not a vintage PC team by any account , but they have heart and have pulled together well . They should roll.in a classic grind it out in control fashion. First thought is 24 -10!
I think the “no real bark” part of your comment more aptly describes what’s happening. Could it be this has been the case all along? 🤔

I think the “no real bark” part of your comment more aptly describes what’s happening. Could it be this has been the case all along? 🤔
Possibly . I know I overrated them early on . Doubled up yardage wise a rebuilding less experienced UA team needing a late TD to win then lost to PC . So I think some including me thought they may be significantly better than what they’ve shown . Quitting vs.Gahanna was rock bottom .

We all know at this point that DC HC Geron Stokes is a pretty blunt instrument when it comes to his post-game public statements. Especially in defeat this year. The Rocks had a good year and a really nice bounce back after last season's bumpy transition from a 20-year successful coach and a very inexperienced team. And add in the fact that the year before the kids had the covid year which wasn't conducive to many younger kids getting that full year of football 'growth " if you will. Anyway, the Rocks worked extremely hard in coach Stokes model of pushing yourself not just to your limits but trying to go 'past" them. A year of learning and some really solid work inn strength and conditioning showed up on the field, especially defensively.

No need to chronicle the improvements and game action week to week as we have done that as it's gone on and Dub 88 I am sure will give a season recap at some point. But the season ends a bit prematurely and it is disappointing, not bitterly so, but it's a shame they had to exit right away. I would have liked to see what would have happened at Centerville even if the odds were that they were going to lose to them.

Defense loses some good players and needs to be rebuilt some no doubt. The offense returns some really nice pieces and should be very good next year and will have to be as the defense resets itself. QB-1 back and he needs to refine his passing skills a bit and work with his receivers , which return his top target Soph. Hudson and another talented Soph. Peterson. He is already a dangerous runner. RB White another Soph will be really good as he matures. 4 yards a carry should go up next year. Left Tackle Manu comes back along with a couple more kids who saw action on the O-Line including the last of the McCollum boys another Soph.

Coach Stokes said after the Jerome loss something to the effect that it was just two 'average" teams slugging it out and that his team made more mistakes and that's why they lost. Fairly accurate tbh. But the Jerome folks weren't too happy, and I guess if you say that about a school from another district there would be no issue. BUT it was the school nearby a little ways down Brand Road. Caused a bit of a stir in the district as Jerome certainly didn't appreciate being called 'average" . Stokes calling his own teams MEH is nothing new or shocking.

After the UA loss in another game where turnovers and mistakes cost the Rocks a similar 10 point loss to a rival, Stokes intimated that the kids were physically present at the Marv, but their minds were back in Dublin. OK it wasn't a great performance, as the Rocks were physically bigger than the Bears and it showed right away , like the Jerome game only scored 7 points.

Rocks were projected to get an 8 seed going into week 10. Bradley wasn't going to come in to Coffman stadium and win. We all knew that and the Rocks controlled the action from box to wire. A few unforeseen results in week 10 elevated DC to the 6 seed. Moving up a few places isn't always a positive depending on the match-up. Moving back isn't always a bad thing either. Harbins can be tricky. Rocks didn't get an ideal match-up in round one. Stokes was effusive in his praise of M-Ville, for knowing exactly who and what they were and noticed that they probably really got after it in the weight room and we all know how Stokes feels about lifting weights and training beyond your limits.

Rocks lose a tough one, yes it's another coach and a different" program but another in a longer list of tough losses in the play-offs for DC in the recent past . Rocks were not strong out of the gate and M-Ville was beyond ready to play and they got behind 21-7 . They move the ball into Monarchs territory and stall , resulting in a 4th and 16 just out of FG range [kid actually may have been able to get it there} which the Rocks don't really attempt anyway. As God is my witness, I said to the people near me that 'I think they score here, " Some things have just broken right at times for the Rocks this season and I remembered that surreal play at the end of the half vs. the fighting Zebs of Orange. Two M-Ville defenders not looking for the ball let the big TE get a step and half behind them right in the middle of the field in the end zone TD Rocks!!!

I also said that this play will be one the Monarchs will surely regret and could be the difference as I expected the Rocks to do much better on defense in the second half. They did. They also took control of the game eventually, going up 24-21 and Marysville was having trouble moving the football at all. Until a 30 + yard pass was completed that is and the Monarchs got some momentum back that they lost long ago. They finished the drive and went up 28-24 , stopped the Rocks, got two more First downs and the Rocks season ended. I had figured M-Ville would get their 200 on the ground score a couple TD's and the Rocks would get a two-score win. 17 was too steep but to me it looked like a 10-point win minimum for DC. Wrong answer. M-Ville went for a bit over Three Hundy on the ground and scored FOUR TD's.!!!!. This prompted Stokes to be quoted after the game as saying, 'We were out-toughed, Out - Physicaled" , out- disciplined, and outcoached, in all phases all night long.

Hyperbolic? Yes, Emotion driven right after the game? Yes. Very accurate? No. This wasn't the case all night and all phases. He as he is prone to do he over did it a bit. There were times in the second half when the Rocks took some control of the game and got close to putting it away [held to a rare FG on one drive ultimately the difference scoreboard wise} UNTIL that ill-fated 30-yard heave [Prayer?} that turned the tide a bit. Season over and another long off-season of fanatical work is sure to be done. Stokes has admitted to being more of a small school smaller town guy. He isn't exactly enamored with the Dublin community and will never live here. He is an excellent coach and has solid values. He will be successful in some degree wherever he goes. He arrived in Dublin at a time where the football culture was waning within the Coffman part of the district. Feeder teams have struggled for a longer while now. It is what it is. Coffman fans had a 20 year run of above average interest, numbers and talent. Nothing lasts forever. Without major efforts to garner more interest and attention at the lower levels, the program will not be the same as it was in terms of wins and losses.

Is Stokes the man to try to do what Buttermore has successfully done at UA? Galvanize the community from the lower levels ? Spark additional interest and get solid numbers of participants? Being more welcoming to athletes who also play other sports that may conflict a bit to what you want them to do within the football program? Numbers are down in terms of football only or mostly kids, so it's almost impossible to fulfill, your potential as a football program if you are almost dissuading some good athletes whose main sport isn't football to not come out. Just my opinion based on some personal experience and what i have observed over the years. He has good support from many parents and administration. The question is, is his heart 100 percent in this job, in this community and in this school? If it isn't, it's more of just a bigger paycheck and a job. Bob Geciwich, found out that he was more a small school small community guy and left Jerome for Perry [D-5} as a place to work and raise his family. Nothing wrong with that. Because some of us think Dublin is and was a great place to raise our kids and live doesn't mean everyone feels that way. You have to be happy with where you are, if you aren't? Do something about it. I hope the guy stays and grows to appreciate the community and school and thrives here. I only know a few of the football parents at this point with my kids having graduated , but they are supportive of the coach and their kids are doing well . The off-season for DC football is here,. Hopefully it goes well.

Last edited:
R-3

4 Pick Central - 21 5 Pick North-

North wins on the last play of the game vs GPM. Unreal . Good things don't usually happen to teams that lay such large eggs in week 10 and according to two good sources visibly quit vs Gahanna getting routed AT HOME on Senior night by 40 points. A team with that kind of material, losing by 40 points at home in week 10 ? Something isn't quite right. I know it's a destination that talented athletes want to join, but good grief. Still think the Gladiators from North stay within this number most likely, but I will gladly heap loads of praise on them if the bow up and take this game outright.

1 Gahanna -25 9 Bradley-

Jags got as nice draw. A team that couldn't bully them the way Coffman did. Went against a defense that wasn't nearly as good as most defenses they had to play against all year. The results were great. Coffman dominated them the week before and the Rocks are home and the Jags gets to play Gahanna in round two. Which is worse? lol. Anyway, can the Jags stay within this number? Not sure right now.

2 Upper Arlington - 22 10 Westy Central-

Nice work by first year coach Miley overall. Solid improvement some good wins including last week vs a tough luck Darby team, but after 1-10 last year? To win a play-off game? Rematch that wasn';t a blowout and the War Hawks stayed within this number and are capable of it this week, I think . WC playing with house money at this point can just go for it and take some chances? We will see.

3 New Albany - 13 11 Davidson-

HD heads over there after getting back to their roots and pounding out a 17-7 victory over a heavy throwing GC team, a team they held to 10 points total in 2 meetings. NA is a running team, and the Cats have a different prep this week. Sharp number. NA is a bit better, but HD has some confidence. HD evolving a bit and throwing it a handful or so times a game has taken a back seat to what's more comfortable. Their comfort makes other teams more uncomfortable as most don't employ this type of scheme. In fact, NA hasn't faced a really run heavy team since September 9th when they beat down Lancaster [ 42-7}. HD is better than the Gales obviously.

Last edited:
Week 12

R-2

# 4 Perrysburg - 2 # 5 Berlin-

Tossup like game really as P-Burg was competitive in a loss to Jerome and Berlin lost as well by 10. The only common opponent. That doesn't really mean anything at this point besides a starting point of reference . Perrysburg's history playing CO teams isn't the best. 2017 Coffman went up to P-Burg in week one and was simply too big and strong up front and controlled the line of scrimmage winning 45-0. The next year it was more competitive, but Coffman again was a bit better up front and had more athletes winning 42-21. 2019 saw P-Burg travel to Dublin for a round one play-off game and Coffman rolled 45-14, with the overall team speed and overall high-end talent level being the difference.

2021 Jerome beat P-Burg 28-10 early and Marysville beat them 42-6 in a play-off game. This match-up is not like the Coffman match-ups as those DC teams were better than this Berlin club. and that Jerome game wasn't uncompetitive. The big thing that jumps out is how much more tested Berlin is. P-Burg doesn't play many D-1 opponents. Berlin schedule prepares them better than P-Burg's does. No getting around it. Against teams with winning records P-Burg gives up 22 points a game. Berlin [ I added two teams who won play games and weren't above 500 } against higher level teams gave up 18 a game.

Berlin wasn't tested vs. Delaware, but in a key game vs Marysville a really good running team when on their game was sharp and strong up front. Perrysburg vs a Findlay team they handled pretty easily the first time around snuck by them 17-14. They outgained them by 85 yards. they were even in plays run, with P-Burg having a big edge in rushing yards [Almost 100 yards, 5.5 a carry for P-Burg, 4.0 for Findlay} P-Burg added 95 yards in the air on 17 attempts completing 11 of them. P-Burg defense held Findlay to only 113 yards passing and a less than 50 percent completion rate. Findlay held the P-Burg offense to 4-11 on third down [No 4th down attempts} . P-Burg has the stud RB who went ofr 7 yards a carry vs, Findlay and the Bears need to do better than that obviously, and I think they will. Will they put a spy on Brewster? I think Berlin has an edge up front , and a QB who can make things happen and could break one in the second half after the Bears wear them down a bit. More battle tested , a little better up front and I think the Bears win a hard fought battle .

Berlin 28 P-Burg 20

R-2

# 3 Centerville - 24 # 11 Marysville-

Think this line is too heavy, but the concern is M-Ville being a bit emotionally spent from their big win vs Coffman. Yes C-Ville handled Coffman big on the scoreboard but it was pushed out on special teams defensive TD's as they only had a 100-yard edge offensively. That was a long time ago and Coffman hadn't really figured things out yet.

C-Ville certainly can get a margin here, and is the better team, but to me it seems like they have peaked a bit. Week 6 they lost to Northmont 21 -17, after beating up Beavercreek as a 40-point favorite 37-6 they got crushed by Springfield which isn't shaming at all the margin was a bit surprising [38-10}. 7-0 win over Fairmont preceded a week 10 shootout with Wayne as the Elks won 38-35. Elks won last week by 13 over Northmont a team they eviscerated in week 5. Centerville will limit the run game better than Coffman certainly , but I think Marysville can get 10-14 points here and kill some clock. They key is how well the Monarchs play defense. They have been somewhat shaky at times , and can certainly get run out a bit if things go south but at this number the Monarchs are the play. C-Ville will grind out a win but hopefully the Monarchs can be emotionally ready to go . I think they lose by 4-7 more than Northmont did last week.

C- Ville 31 Marysville 13

# 8 Liberty - 5 at # 1 Jerome -

Odd circumstance where the 8 seed is favored over the 1 seed. Liberty has beaten up Jerome in the play-offs before but that was done by a better team than the Patriots have now. Jerome has been hit a bit by injury's and isn't a strong 1 seed obviously. Jerome was marginally better than a similar throw often team in Tangy and almost lost to another pass first team in YOTW. Liberty attempts to run a certain amount of the time to try to better control the game and set up the pass, but isn't very good at it. Liberty should get about 7 yards per attempt here adn if they do they win by a TD most likely. Whitmer actually outgained the Patriots, but as I opined pre-game I liked Liberty because of a coaching edge. Whitmer was an undisciplined mess with 140 penalty yards?

Jerome is well coached and will play cleaner certainly, but at this point it seems like the Celtics have seen better days and part of that is certainly the injury factor . The last month the number one seed Celtics have an even point differential. How can this be? Played Olentangy twice, Darby who lost a lot of close games and didn't win a paly off game and did beat Berlin in one of their better efforts of the season.

Common opponents wise Jerome stacks up well compared to Liberty. Beat Coffman by 9 and Liberty lost by 5 , and they both beat Berlin with Jerome getting a slightly larger margin. After that Berlin game the Celts have scored and given up the same number of points. Liberty doesn't havea large positive point differential themselves the last month but it's better than Jerome's. Really comes down to trusting Hale adn his staff to come up with a few things that tip the scales their way as they have done very well overall the last 6-7 years at this time of the year. Against similar offensive pass first teams, [YOTW Tangy} the Celts have been beaten and pushed to the brink. Patriots don't throw it better really than theose teams but theya re BETTER all around in all phases.

Liberty 24 Jerome 17

R-3

4 Pick Central - 21 5 Pick North-

North wins on the last play of the game vs GPM. Unreal . Good things don't usually happen to teams that lay such large eggs in week 10 and according to two good sources visibly quit vs Gahanna getting routed AT HOME on Senior night by 40 points. A team with that kind of material, losing by 40 points at home in week 10 ? Something isn't quite right. I know it's a destination that talented athletes want to join, but good grief. Still think the Gladiators from North stay within this number most likely, but I will gladly heap loads of praise on them if the bow up and take this game outright.

1 Gahanna -25 9 Bradley-

Jags got as nice draw. A team that couldn't bully them the way Coffman did. Went against a defense that wasn't nearly as good as most defenses they had to play against all year. The results were great. Coffman dominated them the week before and the Rocks are home and the Jags gets to play Gahanna in round two. Which is worse? lol. Anyway, can the Jags stay within this number? Not sure right now.

2 Upper Arlington - 22 10 Westy Central-

Nice work by first year coach Miley overall. Solid improvement some good wins including last week vs a tough luck Darby team, but after 1-10 last year? To win a play-off game? Rematch that wasn';t a blowout and the War Hawks stayed within this number and are capable of it this week, I think . WC playing with house money at this point can just go for it and take some chances? We will see.

3 New Albany - 13 11 Davidson-

HD heads over there after getting back to their roots and pounding out a 17-7 victory over a heavy throwing GC team, a team they held to 10 points total in 2 meetings. NA is a running team, and the Cats have a different prep this week. Sharp number. NA is a bit better, but HD has some confidence. HD evolving a bit and throwing it a handful or so times a game has taken a back seat to what's more comfortable. Their comfort makes other teams more uncomfortable as most don't employ this type of scheme. In fact, NA hasn't faced a really run heavy team since September 9th when they beat down Lancaster [ 42-7}. HD is better than the Gales obviously.
PIck North vs. Pick Central - I'm expecting a crazy game... This is the one year where if you combined the teams into one, they'd still be mediocre... Neither QB has improved. Both are ~ 6-4, 200 lbs. and LOOK like 'playas' but aren't. Big kids on the OL - none dominant. Passing games non-existent. The biggest differences are coaching, heart, character and toughness. PC > PN in all of those measures. PN has a bit more raw 'talent' though and could decide to actually play this week, so I can't see them losing by 21.

Prediction:
Pick Central 19 (three safeties, two field goals and a pick-6 & PAT)
Pick North 17

R-2

# 3 Centerville - 24 # 11 Marysville-

Think this line is too heavy, but the concern is M-Ville being a bit emotionally spent from their big win vs Coffman. Yes C-Ville handled Coffman big on the scoreboard but it was pushed out on special teams defensive TD's as they only had a 100-yard edge offensively. That was a long time ago and Coffman hadn't really figured things out yet.

C-Ville certainly can get a margin here, and is the better team, but to me it seems like they have peaked a bit. Week 6 they lost to Northmont 21 -17, after beating up Beavercreek as a 40-point favorite 37-6 they got crushed by Springfield which isn't shaming at all the margin was a bit surprising [38-10}. 7-0 win over Fairmont preceded a week 10 shootout with Wayne as the Elks won 38-35. Elks won last week by 13 over Northmont a team they eviscerated in week 5. Centerville will limit the run game better than Coffman certainly , but I think Marysville can get 10-14 points here and kill some clock. They key is how well the Monarchs play defense. They have been somewhat shaky at times , and can certainly get run out a bit if things go south but at this number the Monarchs are the play. C-Ville will grind out a win but hopefully the Monarchs can be emotionally ready to go . I think they lose by 4-7 more than Northmont did last week.

C- Ville 31 Marysville 13
Cville lost week 6 to Springboro (not Northmont), and Cville lost their starting qb for the year so he wasn’t there for the lopsided Springfield game. They basically have a rb/wr playing qb now and are 1-dimensional. If Marysville has a good run defense, they’ll have a chance. Cville’s defense is still very good, so I expect a low-scoring game in Cville’s favor. 17-14

Cville lost week 6 to Springboro (not Northmont), and Cville lost their starting qb for the year so he wasn’t there for the lopsided Springfield game. They basically have a rb/wr playing qb now and are 1-dimensional. If Marysville has a good run defense, they’ll have a chance. Cville’s defense is still very good, so I expect a low-scoring game in Cville’s favor. 17-14
Yes I remember it was Springboro, Beat Northmont twice . Run defense is ok but Coffman (. Much improved since week two ) had a bit over 200 yards rushing and 6 yards a carry . QB ran well as did the RB so C - Ville should do well and definitely win .