Dublin Coffman 2022

AHM - You said 8-2 or 7-3. That's on record, don't back track.
Where is that record located? On Yappi? We’re making predictions on high school football.

but Maybe. I hope so. And I’ll be relentlessly pulling for them every week. And if I’m wrong I’d rather be wrong being hopeful for my team.

AHM - Didn’t you say the Wins/losses are irrelevant and that the Dublin Coffman administration was wanting the new coaching staff to development the young men.
Yes. The “to many people” I refer to are the rocks fans who root for the kids to lose so they can say “I told you so!”

im going to like watching the effort these boys play with

No one is rooting against them , that’s bull crap . Told you so about what ? I asked a question a while back to the people of this forum how many games they have gone to on average every year in the last era . Have the Rocks been “. Your team “ you followed and often went to most of the games on Friday nights or was there another program you followed more . No one has answered which is fine . You don’t have to . But this “ my team “ stuff is specious .

Last edited:
In other words some here went many years not really talking about Coffman on these spaces or in the huddle . Some very rarely did and when they did it was always in a negative vane . That is fact . That’s what I have seen from some here now . Not starting anything . I’m trying to end it but im
Nauseated from the bull crap of a sad sack saying people are rooting against kids.to prove some troll and new super fan wrong. No one is hoping fur 3-7 again . Most just want improvement and to see the kids do better . That’s all . This 8-2 7-3 and talk of only ONE team being better than them on the schedule and talk of being what UA was last year on a consistent basis I quick fashion is another story . One persons story . We would love to see this sooner than later but let’s see how much better this is year is first . UA isn’t going anywhere by the way .

Last edited:
No one is rooting against them , that’s bull crap . Told you so about what ? I asked a question a while back to the people of this forum how many games they have gone to on average every year in the last era . Have the Rocks been “. Your team “ you followed and often went to most of the games on Friday nights or was there another program you followed more . No one has answered which is fine . You don’t have to . But this “ my team “ stuff is specious .
I’ve answered every question. I’ve been close to Dublin high school for 40 years. I told you I’m happy to tell you who I am. And then you’ll realize I’ve probably invested a lot into the school and program through the years and many coaches. I’ve seen a lot. A lot. I’ve earned the right to call them my team.

I don’t know how many games they’ll win. Maybe 8. Maybe 3. I don’t know. I don’t have a crystal ball. Sounds like “I’m on record”. Ok cool. I’d rather be on record being optimistic and wrong than pessimistic and right. These kids have worked and bought in snd they deserve to have people believe in them.

what’s everyone’s else’s prediction? Let’s all go on record

Last edited:
You never called them your team before and were only negative for many years . Been passive ageessively saying you like everyone then crushing them and have crushed them for years (. Crabtree )

Yoiu seem more vested in wanting to tell other people “. I told you so “ than anyone here rooting against them (. Ridiculous ).
I have said 6-4 is what I see as a ceiling . anything more and Coach of the year is in order even with the league not as good this year . I hope they win every game . I think we will see improvement . It’s not like it was before when you could reasonably predict how the team would do every year. This is a new era in many different ways . Expectations aren’t the same . From followers and fans that is . I hope the team wants to erase the memory of last year and win many more this year and that they Expect to do just that . That is all

The major improvement will be competitiveness . Half the games were not competitive last year . That will change for certain . No reasonable person who knows football and personnel blames Stokes or the staff for losing 8 last year . That’s not to say they can’t do better this year and o believe they will as a staff in year two .

I know some don’t like his style and some of the brashness and denigrating the program that was successful before him . I have no problem with the hire and have repeatedlysaid I like his methods and values for the most part . And i
in no way rooting against the program . I don’t see that here from people . I don’t know as many kids and parents as I used to . My kids are either on their own or in college at this point . Traveling a lot more frequently than when the kids were living home full time . Still will root for the team as always and go to as many as I can . Weddings get aways pro and college football weekends outside the area . Not home most every weekend anymore . That time has passed . So has the previous era of Coffman football

Coffman in year two of a big coaching change should have the advantage on WC whose coach Miley is in year one Miley did a great job vs. Coffman I’m the last two playoff games vs. The Rocks as Liberty’s DC . The first playoff win in 2018 was a defensive masterpiece . He shut down Burg completely and then his defense really limited Coffman . Week 5 matchup with the WarHawks is on TV . Olentangy starts the post Solis era with successful BC coach Bartholomew . They have some athletes over there and a very promising QB who is a Junior . Watch out for now D-1 Tangy next year and going forward

AHM - Didn’t you say the Wins/losses are irrelevant and that the Dublin Coffman administration was wanting the new coaching staff to development the young men.
This is exactly right. As AHM has pointed out, Dublin kids lacked character and needed someone to come in and instill it. God knows their largely college educated, upper middle class parents weren’t capable of it. For 20 years Dublin had been plagued with characterless children and I think we all know who to blame for that. But now there’s been a transformation. And that transformation started thanks to 6AM workouts. The halls at Dublin Coffman are finally safe to walk during the school day after two decades of chaos and terror. Little old ladies don’t have to shutter their windows for fear of those children who lacked character anymore. So you can sit there and worry about who wins and loses a silly football game. I’ll be happy knowing no matter the outcome, 6AM workouts were put in place, and Dublin is finally a community worth living in (well, coaching in - no plans to actually live there).

I’m going back to my prediction of 6-4. I had 7-3 a few weeks ago but AHM’s post makes me nervous that the first scrimmage didn’t go well. But the schedule is still really manageable, Stokes is still a good coach, numbers look good, I know they worked hard this off-season, they have a major disrupter up front, and I think you’ll see major improvement in QB play from Week 1 to Week 10.

It was on another thread that you high jacked.

AHM

Well-known member​

7-3 or 8-2

Like Reply
Yes. That is iron clad prediction and would hold up to any and all standards. Put it in stone! And if it’s wrong you better hold me to it!!!!!!!!

I don’t know any better than anyone else who watches the team . I don’t know the opponents strengths, weakness, etc let alone what’s going to happen in the next 11 weeks.

I do know that it does no good to look backward. It’s a silly stupid and meaningless hobby. Here is where we are now. And it’s fun to see the enthusiasm and how hard the rocks play. I’m looking forward to seeing them grow.

what’s your prediction, champ? Since we’re going “on the record”

Last edited:
Yes. That is iron clad prediction and would hold up to any and all standards. Put it in stone! And if it’s wrong you better hold me to it!!!!!!!!

I don’t know any better than anyone else who watches the team . I don’t know the opponents strengths, weakness, etc let alone what’s going to happen in the next 11 weeks.

I do know that it does no good to look backward. It’s a silly stupid and meaningless hobby. Here is where we are now. And it’s fun to see the enthusiasm and how hard the rocks play. I’m looking forward to seeing them grow.

what’s your prediction, champ? Since we’re going “on the record”
Agree no sense looking back. I predicted 5-5 but they win the toss up games 7-3. No Doubt Stokes is going to bring some of that Urbana Toughness and attitude to this team. Lets see if it shows up on the field!

This is exactly right. As AHM has pointed out, Dublin kids lacked character and needed someone to come in and instill it. God knows their largely college educated, upper middle class parents weren’t capable of it. For 20 years Dublin had been plagued with characterless children and I think we all know who to blame for that. But now there’s been a transformation. And that transformation started thanks to 6AM workouts. The halls at Dublin Coffman are finally safe to walk during the school day after two decades of chaos and terror. Little old ladies don’t have to shutter their windows for fear of those children who lacked character anymore. So you can sit there and worry about who wins and loses a silly football game. I’ll be happy knowing no matter the outcome, 6AM workouts were put in place, and Dublin is finally a community worth living in (well, coaching in - no plans to actually live there).
why don't you ask those upper middle class parents how their sons are doing in the program. Have you? do you have a connection to Dublin Coffman? do you have a son that plays for Coffman?

Kids will get a lot out of the program even if they aren’t going to be as consistently good as the previous era. It’s not the same talent base which can be cyclical . This is true . What can also be true is this perception that the program didn’t work hard and despite winning , did it the “.wrong “ way is WRONG .Stokes is a proven winner and I like what he brings to the program in a lot of ways . Hopefully there is a lot of improvement this year and it goes better than last year . Then they build on that and the program gets some momentum back and Stokes has a long successful stay here .

Kids will get a lot out of the program even if they aren’t going to be as consistently good as the previous era. It’s not the same talent base which can be cyclical . This is true . What can also be true is this perception that the program didn’t work hard and despite winning , did it the “.wrong “ way is WRONG .Stokes is a proven winner and I like what he brings to the program in a lot of ways . Hopefully there is a lot of improvement this year and it goes better than last year . Then they build on that and the program gets some momentum back and Stokes has a long successful stay here .
I’m trying to be a better man here, but no one is saying anyone “did it the WRONG” way. You have astutely covered the past 20 years. That horse is dead quit beating it.
All anyone is talking about on this board-except you-is the here and now.
For the life of me I can’t understand why you don’t understand this.

Stokes multiple times at the very least in print and I heard on audio implying it was done the wrong way because he was going to do it the right way . Many many times repeated it . You aren’t a better man by the way . Never have been . and I have talked to kids who said he mocked the previous regime. I know it really hurts you and makes you mad to read any reference to the previous 20 years . I get it . You were a detractor and a critic and I always thought you were a Catholic conference guy as did many others who have read your stuff over the years . How do you not see this ? That this new found fandom and love for the kids all of a sudden seems weird . I know some of the things you didn’t like about the program before . You were mocking it just a week or so ago. You .You were only negative , never a good word to say about the program until last year . Truth. You basically were saying for years it was done the wrong way . I remember all you crap . May be you don’t . That would be sad . Just admit you didn’t like the program until last year .

Last edited:
I’m trying to be a better man here, but no one is saying anyone “did it the WRONG” way. You have astutely covered the past 20 years. That horse is dead quit beating it.
For the life of me I can’t understand why you don’t understand this.
Not true by the way . You aren’t part of any majority here . Most don’t respect your opinions

For the life of me I can’t understand why you don’t understand this
This was so benign . I can’t believe this offended you . One line ? Damn you took that personal .

This was so benign . I can’t believe this offended you . One line ? Damn you took that personal .
You haven’t offended me. I just don’t understand what you’re going for here? Maybe I’m an idiot for bringing it up. But man it seems so stupid to say the same thing over and over and over. Rehashing the same ground over and over and over seems to lack purpose. I don’t understand the 20 year history book once a week? Maybe I’m in the minority. If I am I apologize.

but if you’re mad about what stokes says in the media it would seem to be it would be much more productive to A. Ignore it and move on. Or B. Talk directly to Stokes and voice your displeasure. Either of those strategies would seem to bring more satisfaction than recreating the annals of Rocks Football

i just don’t get what you’re going for here every day with the 20 year history and making sure everyone knows that you know that talent is cyclical. We all know you see that. We got the message.

it brings me a lot more satisfaction to embrace there here and now. Maybe I see it wrongly.

Stokes multiple times at the very least in print and I heard on audio implying it was done the wrong way because he was going to do it the right way . Many many times repeated it . You aren’t a better man by the way . Never have been . and I have talked to kids who said he mocked the previous regime. I know it really hurts you and makes you mad to read any reference to the previous 20 years . I get it . You were a detractor and a critic and I always thought you were a Catholic conference guy as did many others who have read your stuff over the years . How do you not see this ? That this new found fandom and love for the kids all of a sudden seems weird . I know some of the things you didn’t like about the program before . You were mocking it just a week or so ago. You .You were only negative , never a good word to say about the program until last year . Truth. You basically were saying for years it was done the wrong way . I remember all you crap . May be you don’t . That would be sad . Just admit you didn’t like the program until last year .
I’ve been clear. I like mark. I know him well and speak to him frequently. Not that it matters. This is now. “Truth”

I was as much a cheerleader as I have been a critic over many years. I’ve earned that right. “Truth”

why don't you ask those upper middle class parents how their sons are doing in the program. Have you? do you have a connection to Dublin Coffman? do you have a son that plays for Coffman?
I’m sure those parents are appreciative of the work ethic he is instilling in them. There’s no denying they work hard. That’s part of the reason why I think they will be better. But don’t confuse that with character. You know what people of character don’t do? When faced with a little adversity, they don’t openly trash other people who gave 20 years to a school. They also don’t openly trash kids or coaches who don’t choose to be in the program anymore.

I’ve been clear. I like mark. I know him well and speak to him frequently. Not that it matters. This is now. “Truth”

I was as much a cheerleader as I have been a critic over many years. I’ve earned that right. “Truth”
And he has no problem with you trashing , judging and disparaging his program over the years ( many years ) trashing his character ? The pictures posted out of supposed concern in 2020 ? Are you freaking kidding me? You never had a good word about him or his program over over many many years . We all know you are the judge and jury and convicted him many times for many things . You’re a total clown show. Isn’t there a Catholic program that has a better chance of giving you a ring as a cheerleader than present day Coffman football ?

And he has no problem with you trashing , judging and disparaging his program over the years ( many years ) trashing his character ? The pictures posted out of supposed concern in 2020 ? Are you freaking kidding me? You never had a good word about him or his program over over many many years . We all know you are the judge and jury and convicted him many times for many things . You’re a total clown show
You don’t want to go there Harry. Any criticism I’ve had here I’ve shared with him or anyone face to face. I’m not hard to find.

I’m an idiot here though, Harry. You drew me in again.

I’m going to focus on this coming season. The here and now. Lots to talk about with passionate Coffman fans this Thursday night.

You don’t want to go there Harry. Any criticism I’ve had here I’ve shared with him or anyone face to face. I’m not hard to find.

I’m going to focus on this coming season. The here and now. Lots to talk about with passionate Coffman fans this Thursday night.
Your face to face interactions of you
Trashing him are public knowledge . Please share

Go where ?

I don’t know what you are asking here.

2022 Rocks
You know what? This is where Brad Westly fires the gun in the air at the double deuce and says “‘. That’s enough”. This isn’t working out Dalton “. . I know you’ve asked me to find a new hobby . Call it a day . Move along . This is a new golden era of Coffman football . AHM didn’t like the previous era. Didn’t like the changing demos I am certain . Didn’t like a lot of things . He seemed to love last year though . He loves this year’s team. He loves trashing the lack of bonding and kids not working at all in his friend Marks regime.( look it up it’s here ) . So here we are with me rooting for these kids and AHM trying to be proven right that Crabtree and his team didn’t work at it and this morning and this is the true “ Golden era “ of Coffman football “. His words . Exact words . I’m Not going anywhere . You probably should join your fellow trolls who support you and live in areas of Dayton and Massillon . No one comes to this thread anyways .? They all go to theirs. They will follow you there I am sure. Free reign

Last edited: