Dublin Coffman 2022

Only going to say this one more time . Stop with the personal meeting me shaking my hand , see you at the game or scrimmage crap . It’s crossing lines and we’re going to have a problem if it continues . I don’t know who you are. The only way i might guess is if I see sone strange dude staring st
Me . Stay away from me . I don’t remember talking to you and have zero interest . I don’t think think you are a good person at all from your posts over the years . If you have to turn over a new leaf as an older dude ? Somethings wrong .
I am a firm believer in face to face meetings. I believe much of Harry and AHM problems could be resolved. You two see eye to on on more then you think. As a non combatant I would be happy to mediate this meeting at a Coffman game.

I am a firm believer in face to face meetings. I believe much of Harry and AHM problems could be resolved. You two see eye to on on more then you think. As a non combatant I would be happy to mediate this meeting at a Coffman game.
That’s nice of you Iron. I’m still a little red about Harry’s comment directed toward the moral and ethical development of our kids. but I’m willing to let bygones be bygones. Thank you for the offer to mediate. I’ll be at the second scrimmage vs Pickerington.

That’s nice of you Iron. I’m still a little red about Harry’s comment directed toward the moral and ethical development of our kids. but I’m willing to let bygones be bygones. Thank you for the offer to mediate. I’ll be at the second scrimmage vs Pickerington.
I have zero interest in meeting anyone from a message board including this guy . It’s creepy and weird to me . Not my thing . No interest in knowing who anyone is or conversing . There is no reason we need to get along or meet . If he comes near me ? He his crossing lines . I have.no idea who he is or remember talking to him . I
Liked the idea that he was done responding tBH . This latest reaching to criticize and getting all sanctimonious over saying the team had some less than average HS football players last year is enough for me to be done with him altogether as he said he was with me .

I was 1000 percent serious about not going to the other troll site(s) . Haven’t gone there since I last posted nor will I . Let the real fans have their space ?

I have zero interest in meeting anyone from a message board including this guy . It’s creepy and weird to me . Not my thing . No interest in knowing who anyone is or conversing . There is no reason we need to get along or meet . If he comes near me ? He his crossing lines . I have.no idea who he is or remember talking to him . I
Liked the idea that he was done responding tBH . This latest reaching to criticize and getting all sanctimonious over saying the team had some less than average HS football players last year is enough for me to be done with him altogether as he said he was with me .

I was 1000 percent serious about not going to the other troll site(s) . Haven’t gone there since I last posted nor will I . Let the real fans have their space ?
I understand your anger, but at the same time it may benefit both parties, shake hands make a bet have a conversation and let bygones be bygones. Not like anything would happen all parties would be in a public setting with people around. Lets all smoke the peace pipe!

Never freaking made any comment directed at any ethical and moral development . Are you for real ? Somethings wrong with you. Full stop . Im done with you . I think you’re going mad . Scary

I understand your anger, but at the same time it may benefit both parties, shake hands make a bet have a conversation and let bygones be bygones. Not like anything would happen all parties would be in a public setting with people around. Lets all smoke the peace pipe!
That sounds like a great idea and you can count on my peaceful cooperation. Thanks for showing us both what it means to be the bigger man.

Dude I have no respect for this guy . I don’t go looking for posters or care who they are ., not my thing even if I respect a poster who isn’t a troll or a jerk . This guy was anti Coffman for many years and is now a super fan and started trolling this space a couple years ago many years after I started posting . I don’t like troll behavior and this over the top sensitivity is embarrassing . I’m done with him . He will continue to say things about me or ask where I was or am . Good luck to him whoever he is is my final take concerning this guy

Doesn't Stokes say he has to build character in these boys?

Doesn't Stokes say he has to build character in these boys?
Yes. And when you see community members actively questioning their character on message boards you see what a challenge it is for him.

and just because stokes says something that doesn’t mean I believe the same. I support him. But he’s his own man

Questioning character ? Never did that . I think someone is losing it . Yeah the program is affected by me saying the talent level is down . This guy questioned the character of the program , kids and coaches during the Crabtree era . I never did that here . Not even close . Ironic that this guy says this . Unreal

. I know you think average to below average kids will be really good as a result of lifting hard I expect improvement but also know other programs put In serious work as well

What was said was said. There’s no room for interpretation here. It’s unfortunate. But true colors are true.

A ton of below avg football players currently at Coffman. Have you guys watched the middle school feeders the last few years?

Yes. the current DC players have made major gains in the weight room. Get on this thing called twitter and u would know.

Don't bash Harry for speaking the truth.

Can they improve, yes...It's all up to the current coaching staff. The schedule isn't ideal.

A ton of below avg football players currently at Coffman. Have you guys watched the middle school feeders the last few years?

Yes. the current DC players have made major gains in the weight room. Get on this thing called twitter and u would know.

Don't bash Harry for speaking the truth.

Can they improve, yes...It's all up to the current coaching staff. The schedule isn't ideal.
They weren’t a « real « ( 8 or 12 team ) playoff team last year . They were a 14 seed in the new found financially motivated 16 team field . Pulled the upset in round one on a Hail Mary on the last play . Maggs completed two 4th and long passes to make the last play possible . They lost by 30 the next week .

There was only one comfortable win all year and the other two wins were in OT vs Jerome and a ONE win team . That game was on TV which I watched a couple times . Orange was as good as they were and the Rocks lose if they don’t complete a long heave from Maggs to Diehl late in the 4th .

The offense loses their top skill guys including the MVP of the team ( Maggs) the defense brings back a large handful but gave up 35 a game .

The gains by many in the weight room is very evident . Brick chit houses dot the roster . Thickness is abounding . I’ve seen some of the kids and those Twitter no excuses club flex pics are impressive . Kids will be more confident and some improvement in some aspects of the game will be real . How much this translates to playing much better football remains to be seen . I know for a fact some of their league opponents also crush it in the weight room . They have more good players in most cases .

Pick C scrimmage over there should be a good thing . Teams they will see in the first few weeks will pale in comparison . Hopefully everyone stays healthy in that one . Team Speed is still going to be a potential problem . QB position is uncertain and not at a level we’ve seen the last couple decades. 7 to. 8 wins seems overly optimistic from an athletic standpoint . Most opponents have more good players than they do and more team speed . If the Rocks can overpower teams I guess they win a couple more than I think right now

.Seeing as 3 of the 4 wins last years easily could have gone the other way and they lose mort of the offensive guys making those key plays to win these close ones , with the power fanatical weight training going on dynamic added ? 6 Wins would double last years total and be a great improvement and looks like a ceiling to me and a good season .

Winning the 75 percent of the close ones last year May have to be duplicated this season .

Last edited:
They weren’t a « real « ( 8 or 12 team ) playoff team last year . They were a 14 seed in the new found financially motivated 16 team field . Pulled the upset in round one on a Hail Mary on the last play . Maggs completed two 4th and long passes to make the last play possible . They lost by 30 the next week .

There was only one comfortable win all year and the other two wins were in OT vs Jerome and a ONE win team . That game was on TV which I watched a couple times . Orange was as good as they were and the Rocks lose if they don’t complete a long heave from Maggs to Diehl late in the 4th .

The offense loses their top skill guys including the MVP of the team ( Maggs) the defense brings back a large handful but gave up 35 a game .

The gains by many in the weight room is very evident . Brick chit houses dot the roster . Thickness is abounding . I’ve seen some of the kids and those Twitter no excuses club flex pics are impressive . Kids will be more confident and some improvement in some aspects of the game will be real . How much this translates to playing much better football remains to be seen . I know for a fact some of their league opponents also crush it in the weight room . They have more good players in most cases .

Pick C scrimmage over there should be a good thing . Teams they will see in the first few weeks will pale in comparison . Hopefully everyone stays healthy in that one . Team Speed is still going to be a potential problem . QB position is uncertain and not at a level we’ve seen the last couple decades. 7 to. 8 wins seems overly optimistic from an athletic standpoint . Most opponents have more good players than they do and more team speed . If the Rocks can overpower teams I guess they win a couple more than I think right now

.Seeing as 3 of the 4 wins last years easily could have gone the other way and they lose mort of the offensive guys making those key plays to win these close ones , with the power fanatical weight training going on dynamic added ? 6 Wins would double last years total and be a great improvement and looks like a ceiling to me and a good season .

Winning the 75 percent of the close ones last year May have to be duplicated this season .
I think you are going to see a much more confident bunch. They’ve put the work in.

I agree . Especially more confident on defense . Offense is kind of an unknown in some key areas but the O line will be better I think and Anderson should have a good year (. Hope they don’t have to use him on D which should make him more effective if he has to carry it a lot ). Still
See 6 as a ceiling

Last edited:
I agree . Especially more confident on defense . Offense is kind of an unknown in some key areas but the O line will be better I think and Anderson should have a good year (. Hope they don’t have to use him on D which should make him more effective if he has to carry it a lot ). Still
See 6 as a ceiling

As of right now, he's playing more defense than offense.

As of right now, he's playing more defense than offense.
Interesting .The defense was obviously the biggest weakness last year . Half the games were losses that weren’t competitive at all because of the defense . One of the losses I count as competitive was the Davidson game where they gave up 10 yards per play. The Davidson defense wasn’t very good either so it was a ballgame most of the way (. Two TD loss (

I’ll be very interested in seeing them over at PC next week to see how much better that unit is . The offense is inexperienced and can’t be expected to move it well vs PC

Last edited:
There is a definite depth issue . Played a lot of JV level players last year . They will be better this year but there just isn’t the same amount of good players as there was fir most of the past 20 years .
Good things happening from a work standpoint and Stokes instills a good culture (. No excuses. The process the process the process , brings the kids together , practice really well at a high pace etc ) He was a good hire . But you still need players . Not too long ago these programs in the present OCC central combined for a decent amount of higher end D-1 or 1-AA kids . ( Coffman well represented ) Now there is a dearth off these kids in the conference .

There is a definite depth issue . Played a lot of JV level players last year . They will be better this year but there just isn’t the same amount of good players as there was fir most of the past 20 years .
Good things happening from a work standpoint and Stokes instills a good culture (. No excuses. The process the process the process , brings the kids together , practice really well at a high pace etc ) He was a good hire . But you still need players . Not too long ago these programs in the present OCC central combined for a decent amount of higher end D-1 or 1-AA kids . ( Coffman well represented ) Now there is a dearth off these kids in the conference .
What’s this about the last 20 years? Tell us more and don’t leave anything out.

Always starts feeling like football season is here officially when the Hall of Fame “ scrimmage is played on Thursday and the inductees don the garish Yellow blazers and sweat their way through their speeches . Went to the Saturday scrimmage at DeSales for a handful of years and they also made it feel like the season was starting . They scrimmaged Centerville for a couple years before that on that Saturday . Westy Central on that last Thursday a week before the season was one I always was able to get to .

Things change quickly . The coaches both left their posts with Crabtree and Morrison moving on and are now assistants at DeSales and Liberty respectively . Morrison left after a really rough season as WC program momentum came to a quick halt . Crabtree left at a time the talent drop had been seen coming for at least 3 years . The Rocks are starting over with a new program and staff and struggled most of last year finishing at 4-8 for their first losing season in 20 years . WC starts over with a very successful coach from a smaller school as well. These two rebuilding programs play each other week 5 on TV ( CW Thursday ) Rocks will be favored in this one .

Two really good sources texted me to say the first scrimmage went well with the defense playing really well and is much improved at first glance . Not surprising . Offense used the three QB’s (. Soph Jr and Sr ) and the Soph Hudson who is the best athlete of the three played some slot / receiver as well . Anderson as expected is going to be a very good back . He has some Dre Kendrick in him . Kendrick was a little bigger (. Two inches and 15-20 pounds ) but Anderson runs bigger than he is and has excellent feet . Probably plays both ways . Kendrick was a workhorse on the 8-4 2013 “. Rebuilding “ team and a loaded 2014 club as a Senior . Anderson was a good team last year in D-2 and Taft was good in D-5 ( up at D-4 this year ) KY Catholic team was also there so the comp wasn’t what it will be on Thursday night in Picktown but the initial signs are good according to a couple who were there .

Football is most unique in that you go about 8-9 months between meaningful snaps playing actual football . Of course when you are fighting for a job every practice rep with pads on and every play in scrimmages is very meaningful . Scrimmaging a PC is definitely effective in putting the Rocks in an uncomfortable situation . Being comfortable and embracing being in uncomfortable situations is crucial to growth ., Rocks will certainly grow up a bit going to PC

Have talked and mentioned the blog " Blue Collar Grit" which coach Stokes is part of along with a couple others notably Centerville Hoops coach Cupps. numerous times and recommend checking it out. One of the recent entries was concerning embracing the 'Simple" fundamental actions you take often that helps lead to ultimate success and hopefully excellence. I had mentioned playing for a coach with a lot of the same values as Stokes and this simplistic devotion to repetition and fundamental drills enabled the program to reach that hard to attain 'Excellence ". Of course, there are tactical changes you make depending on the opponent, and you need to be adaptable but the 'standards" and the day-to-day effort and attention to the mundane fundamentals and the repetition of fundamentals and preparation in season and out is crucial to reaching success.

I thought of a legendary wrestling coach in Florida Russ Cozart. Most of us who know anything about HS wrestling knows that Florida isn't a top state for producing college wrestlers. But what Cozart has accomplished at Brandon HS {outside of Tampa} is astonishing. Saw the documentary 'The Streak " which covers the team through the 2007-08 season as they try to maintain a dual meet winning streak that reached 459 . They lose in 2008n as the Doc shows. One of the clips shows a group of kids running before practice and a couple of them talk about spending the last few years doing the same drills running by the same church, taking the same route, and embracing the same workouts drills and overall preparation that coach Cozart lays out for them. Now these kids are supremely motivated in most cases and do some work on their own and are relentless in their pursuit of excellence. This Doc is available via Amazon.

The other DOCS that I think are worth a look are 'The Last Game" which covers the 1999 season of Central Bucks West and legendary coach Mike Pettine's last season as HC. Pettine ended his HC career at West on a 45-0 streak. He is a taskmaster of the highest order and admits that sometimes he and the coaches have 'Crossed over the line" and that may be some could say we sometimes 'abuse these kids", but he adds that in the end the feedback he gets that the players appreciate what they learned going through his program. His attention to detail was off the charts and he saw the game really clearly and what his team needed to do to win. Of course, the feedback is much more likely to be positive in the long run when you win as much as they did. Kids want to be part of something good and if they are part of something special, their loyalty and respect of the coaches is usually strong. But the bottom line is the lessons you learn that help you into adulthood. Many of us have been in situations where former coaches' words and actions come to mind. Stokes is going to be a positive influence on most kids, and they will be better for going through the program even if they don't always like it or him.

" The Street Stops Here" is another great watch. Follows HOF coach Bob Hurley through the 2007-08 season as well [ I think } and this team's seniors haven't been part of a state title team. The ONLY group if they didn't win one in their last year. St Anthony's is a legendary program and Hurley is as old school and demanding as it gets.

The ONLY Two guys asking how the initial scrimmage went on the other [Troll } thread are the two trolls who couldn't care less about it. Don't live in CO and care nothing about the program. . Kind of funny actually. Made me laugh when I just stopped by. The continued dedication to pretending that is. I shared a couple guys opinions in a very brief way. had more details from one guy but he said he didn't want to post at this point due to a certain troll or two. It's up to him to post more details. But that's over and it went well and it's on to a big test. A measuring stick as it were against the Tigers.

Unless something comes up, I should be able to go over to Pick C and watch the scrimmage. I am sure we will hear about what happened from a few DC supporters and a couple Pick guys. The truly concerned out of town guys clamoring for a first scrimmage update shouldn't have to ask [Pretend to care} for a report on this one.

Interesting article in the Dispatch a few days back on former HC's joining other staffs as assistants. A handful of guys were featured including guys who will impact the OCC Central. Vince Trombetti who left the Kilbourne job a few years back to follow his son's college career is back in the fold along with former HC John Magistro who has been there for a few years now. Magistro did a great job of building up Westy Central and is the DC. Trombetti coaches the DE's. Coach Edwards is lucky to have these guys on his staff as the elder statesman embrace their roles and just enjoy coaching and teaching. Trombetti famously quipped, that kids who quit football after playing a few years to concentrate on another sport, often aren't as good as they think at that sport. He's right. Many guys do this, and it does little to help them become much better in that other sport. Kilbourne got a bad break when their best player and RB JJ Calip left the program to go play at Olentangy Orange his Senior season.

Brent Morrison who left his Westy C HC position after a really rough year as WC seems to be in a big rebuild as a program, Morrison only finished at 21-20 as HC over there mainly because of this last year. Had a family issue that had him not wanting to be a HC right now but is back coaching in short order as we thought he might be. May be like Crabtree, White and countless others before, it was probably just time to leave [When the program cycle of talent was waning along with some other issues or timing to be sure. Morrison is now at Liberty as the running backs coach. He said he wants to be a HC again someday. and I am sure he will get some opportunities. Liberty is also bolstered with one of Morrison's top assistants also joining the Liberty staff.

Buddy White the former Burg Head guy is now coaching the receivers at Bradley. He opined that he thinks he is actually a better assistant than head guy. Likes developing a closer relationship with the players than a HC can. He is coaching former Dublin Karrer standpoint Preston Wolfe a Junior receiver who played a major role last year and playes some as a Frosh. He was in the Coffman district and his brother played for the Rocks. He would have been a nice guy to have out wide for the Rocks. EJ Teah is another receiver attracting some college interest for the Jags at receiver. With Junior QB Fleherty coming back the Jags could have a nice passing attack. White is a nice addition to the staff.

Mark Solis as we know is over at Davidson after leaving Olentangy last year. He said he wanted to take some time off after being a bit tired after 23 years as a HC. Solis was initially slated to be the offensive line coach, but the DC spot opened up and he took that. His perspective is while he hasn't called defensive plays before, his expertise on the offensive side as a long-time successful play caller will serve him well. He has seen the defenses that work against him and knows what defenses were trying to do to him. He will draw on that experience. The NFL Patriots actually having long time DC Matt Patricia may be calling the offense for them this year as he gets back to NE is a parallel and the same logic is cited in that case.

Solis was a bit reflective in the article. He said that 'We all have reputations to some degree, good bad or indifferent. He says he may be understood. He said his rep as someone who may be viewed as arrogant or aloof. Brash, and full of himself may be a result of his being closed off and guarded and he said that's probably on him. He wants to work on this perception. I think most of us wo have watched his teams and see what he has done with what he has against the schedules he plays would surmise he's a damn good coach. A top tier coach IMO. Good get for the Cats obviously.

Former Rocks HC Mark Crabtree was featured as well. Being an assistant for the first time in quite some time after being the head guy for a quarter of a century has been a learning experience he said. He said he was probably taking some time off as he stated right after he resigned from Coffman, until his son was heading over to DeSales, and coach Wiggins reached out. Crabtree who had a 179-55 mark with the Rocks over 20 seasons [77 Percent winning percentage} 228-79 overall with shorter stints at Fisher Catholic and St Charles} he is the OC over there. When Crabtree came to Dublin in 2002, he wanted to throw the ball. Spread it out, get the ball to athletes in space and was for a time a bit ahead of the game in terms of running that 4 or 5 wide sets. Very fun to watch and won most of the time which is always more fun for fans. , Many talented QB's and receivers over the years. Consistent and efficient. Interestingly in his last say 5-6 years he had stronger running games, and he ended his Coffman career pretty strong despite some excruciating disappointing play-off losses. He won 80 percent of his games the last 5 years of his tenure.

Brian Cross is also at Westerville Central.
They have a bit of a rebuild with some of the issues and lost momentum [Talent as well} over there but they have a good staff that just needs some time. Hopefully both WC and Coffman get back to more winning soon and it's just a very short down cycle.

This will be a fun team to watch. They play hard and seem to have a lot of fun playing together. In all honesty I don’t know how many games they will or won’t win and to many people that’ll be the only stick to evaluate and I get it. But I’m going to like watching this team.

AHM - Didn’t you say the Wins/losses are irrelevant and that the Dublin Coffman administration was wanting the new coaching staff to development the young men.