Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Alter by 1-8

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Alter by 9-16

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Alter by 17+

Votes: 28 26.4%

• Total voters
For once I think The Big Red has more talent, size and speed. Alter also seems like they play an awful lot of younger kids. BUT, when they are executing that option and get methodical they look hard to stop. I think it will be a very tough game to win. If we can just eliminate the drive killing penalties we are difficult to stop. If is the operative word. At this point there are no pretenders or “lucky” teams
Man this game got out of hand early

Streamed this game tonight from afar and couldn’t help but to have a huge grin on my face watching the Little Red get absolutely humiliated both as a football team, but more importantly, as absolutely classless competitors.

Alter showed that entire community what a good football team looks like in D4, but more importantly, what respectful kids competing in high school sports look like.

I’m never a fan of running up the score on an overmatched team that’s playing the right way. What’s the point? However, the refs should’ve ignored the running clock rule tonight and let Alter beat those punks by 100+ because they would have with enough snaps.

It’s a unsportsmanlike foul back to back on extra point attempts.

I mean it’s obvious OHSSA mad Reno in the National High School Hall of Fame.
And the proud upstanding refs from OHSSA are making there statement by taking it out on teenage kids. They should be so proud of themselves.
The kids have to have discipline regardless how they feel. Kids are literally punching other players after tackles!

Just listening, so hard to get a feel for the calls. I might get around to watching this, but when your team gets thumped, hard to watch the replay lol

From the sound of things though it was rather chippy. If the games so far gone like it was, I understand throwing the flags on iffy calls to keep some order.

Now if most of the calls were made for things just said to officials, maybe they could have held onto those ones.
I watched it.
I saw big red kids standing there doing nothing getting flagged repeatedly.
I’ve seen way chippy games than this, I’m no spring chicken.
This was an embarrassment for OHSSA.
Mark it down.
I think even Alter was embarrassed it was so obvious.
Alter definitely is a great football team.
They didn’t need the help but the refs gave it.

I didn’t see one unsportsmanlike .
You would think the refs could be adults.

I watched it.
Mark it down.

That's a shame, I'll probably have to watch it now to see. Once the 2nd half rolled around though, the game was in hand and I can understand trying to keep control.

Hopefully the WTOV9 replay has some good shots of the penalties.

Shouldn't you have moved on to basketball since Perkins lost? I remember 2007 Division 4 Mooney was unbeatable and ranked in the Top 10 nationally. Beat the Division 1 runner up (Mentor) and the WPIAL champs (Gateway). That trophy is hanging out with the Coldwater Cavs who supposedly didn't have a chance either. Take your L and go put your Jordan's on... your season is over.

Alter has got a very solid team from the looks of this playoff run.
Shouldn’t you shut the F up and stop trying to defend other grown men? FOH

Hope you’re enjoying watching the knights play. Enjoy that seat on the couch next week while the knights are playing in canton. Accept your losses and get ready for basketball season. Go knights!
I didn’t watch…no reason too, already watched the D4 championship game last Friday. Enjoy your week of “fame” like I said. You’ll get that pit in your stomach next Thursday night before the beat down.

I watched it.
Mark it down.

So the OHSAA and the refs got together and decided to throw penalty after penalty against Stubenville because of their criminal head coach? And they waited to do it in this game? Yeah, that's probably what happened.

Shouldn’t you shut the F up and stop trying to defend other grown men? FOH
Bro you need some help. This is high school football and your season has been over... You're on a thread talking nonsense, let me say it again your season is over! This thread has nothing to do with you!

You've had a whole week, take the L and go find your Jordan's or at least go look at the empty trophy case, maybe it will remind you... you didn't win anything.

Congratulations to Alter. You humilialted BR. That was the most embarrssed I have every been by a BR team. Absolutely no discipline. Hope Alter plays this dominating in the Championship game. Best of luck next week.
Really?
I’m 100% being honest. On stream I didn’t see one taunt, punch.
I saw big red receivers getting tackled 3 yards out of bounds with no flag.
Next series big red made a tackle in bounds and threw the kid to the sideline and … the ref didn’t have a problem throwing that flag.
I not sure there is a football team in America that could keep its composure any better getting flagged for persona fouls just lining up for an extra point twice. And then did the exact same thing to big red the next score.
Seems we have some refs who n ed a safe space and are easily offended.
I saw no late hits, no punches. Just kids standing there watching yellow flags after every other play and looking at each other.

OHSSA should be very proud.
A high school state semi final .
956 flags.

I watched it.
Mark it down.

Not even when kid got absolutely block blindsided or the running back got picked up off the ground and slammed down

Really?
I’m 100% being honest. On stream I didn’t see one taunt, punch.
I saw big red receivers getting tackled 3 yards out of bounds with no flag.
Next series big red made a tackle in bounds and threw the kid to the sideline and … the ref didn’t have a problem throwing that flag.
I not sure there is a football team in America that could keep its composure any better getting flagged for persona fouls just lining up for an extra point twice. And then did the exact same thing to big red the next score.
Seems we have some refs who n ed a safe space and are easily offended.
I saw no late hits, no punches. Just kids standing there watching yellow flags after every other play and looking at each other.

OHSSA should be very proud.
A high school state semi final .
956 flags.
Gusss you should’ve been In attendance . It was a s^*t show from the Steubenville players . Roll
Red roll right ?

So what sort of unsportsman like penalties are we talking about from Big Red? Pushing, shoving, mouthy? Seems excessive. Haven’t seen that penalty called ever in the games I’ve seen in person in the last 10 years.
IOW, garbage, after-the-whistle stuff is normal game behavior to the BR, huh?