• Archbishop Alter by 1-7

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Archbishop Alter by 8-16

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Archbishop Alter by 17+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I believe a majority of the DIV followers believed that Glenville would run away with this division. That group would include myself as well. I also didn't expect Alter to seemingly have everything fall into place at the right time either. The Knights win over Steubenville was eye opening. Alter has now allowed a total of only 9 points these playoffs, including 3 shutouts in 5 games. I expect this game to be close throughout. Glenville will be challenged by the assignment football it requires to compete with Alter's wishbone attack. I think Glenville's lack of a kicking game could also be their undoing this week. I'll still give the edge to Glenville, but would not be surprised to see Alter win this game either. I'll go with:

Alter 28
Glenville 26
I agree with this line of thinking. Just looking a the last three games. Massie, Wyoming, Stuebenville. Only 3 PTs to three of the biggest names in DIV football. Alter's is peaking at the right time. Their three losses are history at this point. I look at what they are doing now.
Glenville is the more talented team but also sloppier and less disciplined. I think Alter's defense aided by Glenville's self inflicted penalties keep the game close. Alter's offense has not been explosive but moves chains and gets the job done.
As a fan of Irony, I too think Glenville's lack of a kicking game loses them the game. Going with 17-14 Alter.

Recently made this of Bryce West to showcase the pipeline that Coach Ginn has established between Glenville & Ohio State. Been watching West compete since his freshman year and he's a phenomenal young athlete. Ginn is a great guy and I'm happy for for his success, but it won't come easy against Alter, who is no stranger to the big stage and producing big names of their own.

Good luck to both teams!

'24 ATH Bryce West GLENVILLE COVER.jpg

Recently made this of Bryce West to showcase the pipeline that Coach Ginn has established between Glenville & Ohio State. Been watching West compete since his freshman year and he's a phenomenal young athlete. Ginn is a great guy and I'm happy for for his success, but it won't come easy against Alter, who is no stranger to the big stage and producing big names of their own.

Good luck to both teams!

View attachment 50535
West is a very talented kid. I don’t believe he’s playing in this championship game though last I heard…… could’ve just been rumors

I disagree with the assignment football part of this. That's been the knock on Glenville. Unable to play assignment football. Granted, they have their fair share of unsportsmanlike and pre snap penalties, but I don't recall any huge blown assignments or kids out there freelancing. They had a blown coverage for a Canton South TD, but I would say overall that was an anomaly instead of the norm.
Now I'm not gonna lie and state I've watched a lot of Glenville, but the times I've seen this ' misdirection will confuse them' is just fallacy
Yeah that hasnt been the problem. In the 3 losses other elite kids just made more plays. Outside of Canton South TD youre talking about I cant remember any blown assignmemts. Defense is pretty sound IMO you will just have to beat it with good playcalling and execution. I keep seeing ppl say to just pound the rock 3-4 yards a llay and all due respect to Alter but thats not going to work. A healthy run-pass balance will be needed

What's the size of Alters lines? That's where Glenville has been dominate. Their massive O line and Jones running the ball has been practically unstoppable the playoffs. The upthread description of a small automobile is accurate. In the past Glenville on O would outathlete you. Now they just beat you up.
You obviously have to stop the run but I will warn the ability to out athlete on the outside is still there too. The Perkins game was hanging in the balance before a 3rd and 19 completion to Witten. Avon completely shut down the run and the game was 16-14 in the 4th due to the passing game almost exclusively. Outside of Witten (#1) you have Townsend (#12) and Rogers (#14) as weapons. Townsend also has a couple KR TDs. Both Jrs with a sophmore QB who throws a nice ball in the waiting. Should see more of the high flying act next year.

Last edited:
I was afraid of that as I haven't been seeing any reports on him.
Its to bad would love to see these teams at full strength and have both teams have all their studs on the field. They have all worked to hard to have to miss the championship game. Wish him the best!

The old man will come out in the wishbone, if it works he'll stay in it. If Glenville gets a stop or two he'll jump into a spread and you'll get tons of counter with the hb and qb. Qb is athletic and loves to Sprint out. Not a great passer but good enough to keep you honest.

Defensively Alter will play 0 in coverage and bring the house. They'll live and die by it 💯

If Coach Ginn prepare his team to hold their discipline better than they did last week against the sneaky dirt that altar will to try to instigate, Glenville will beat them like a drum. And maybe some officials with brains

I disagree with the assignment football part of this. That's been the knock on Glenville. Unable to play assignment football. Granted, they have their fair share of unsportsmanlike and pre snap penalties, but I don't recall any huge blown assignments or kids out there freelancing. They had a blown coverage for a Canton South TD, but I would say overall that was an anomaly instead of the norm.
Now I'm not gonna lie and state I've watched a lot of Glenville, but the times I've seen this ' misdirection will confuse them' is just fallacy
Agreed. Glenville played very disciplined against Chardon’s modified Wing-T predicated on misdirection in 2021. I would expect them to do the same against Alter.

To suggest that Glenville lines up and just plays is a bad take. They are well coached and execute. Keep in mind, teams that are not littered with DI athletes have trouble with misdirection offenses because if they take a slight misstep they can’t make it up. That’s the not the case with Glenville. They can take a slight wrong step and still make the play for a 3-5 yard gain, whereas that same play goes for 15+ against everyone else.

BTW - in ‘21 Chardon won state in DIII and Glenville lost a heartbreaker in the Regional Final to Ursuline in DIV. Other than the State Final, Glenville was the best team they faced that season.

Agreed. Glenville played very disciplined against Chardon’s modified Wing-T predicated on misdirection in 2021. I would expect them to do the same against Alter.

To suggest that Glenville lines up and just plays is a bad take. They are well coached and execute. Keep in mind, teams that are not littered with DI athletes have trouble with misdirection offenses because if they take a slight misstep they can’t make it up. That’s the not the case with Glenville. They can take a slight wrong step and still make the play for a 3-5 yard gain, whereas that same play goes for 15+ against everyone else.

BTW - in ‘21 Chardon won state in DIII and Glenville lost a heartbreaker in the Regional Final to Ursuline in DIV. Other than the State Final, Glenville was the best team they faced that season.
How did last weeks game go? I Heard someone say Glenville had 10-12 penalties ? Do they typically have a bunch of penalties or that was an anomaly?

How did last weeks game go? I Heard someone say Glenville had 10-12 penalties ? Do they typically have a bunch of penalties or that was an anomaly?
Im sure a Glenville fan can answer if that was normal, but Canton South had a similr amount of penalties. Sounds like Glenville started w/ unsportsmanlike conducts, then South got their fair share of those. Maybe Glenville started chirpin' & South followed suit?

Im sure a Glenville fan can answer if that was normal, but Canton South had a similr amount of penalties. Sounds like Glenville started w/ unsportsmanlike conducts, then South got their fair share of those. Maybe Glenville started chirpin' & South followed suit?
Nope, no chirping, lock down celebration called as unsportsmanlike!! Hard hits and lil quarrels mainly sideline hits!

No it was the other way around I was there

The lockdown celebration penalty was bs. Besides that nothing out of hand. The refs had a tight whistle for both teams in the second half once the game was decided which is fine. Aint gonna be any bad blood that would lead to costly personal foul penalities in this game. Holding and pre snap procedures killing a drive is a way bigger concern for me.

Trust me his an different animal
Excited to see him, He seems to get a lot of hype ! The knights will be ready I promise you that. The knights have a couple dominant backs as well , The knights just don't seem to talk about it. As mentioned in a previous post. This should be a great game and it will be fun to see the Best vs Best.

Last edited:
Cleveland all-stars against the Dayton all-stars. Should be a great small school D4 match-up. I have to go with Glenville in a close one, to many all-stars. Those small town villes and burgs are going to have to recruit a little harder to compete with these two juggernauts.