Votes: 16 16.8%
  • Avon by 1-8

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Avon by 9-16

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Avon by 17+

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
He schemes up passes to throw over defenses’ heads when you have high school football players selling out to try to stop rumler, Dickerson, chip (osu) RB. I’m sorry, but he doesn’t get to be a great coach in my book after losing those last two state titles with teams with way more talent than their opponent. The TCC game was borderline hilarious couldn’t scheme up a single passing yard with a D1 QB.
They didn't have way more talent in 2021, WW was the best team in the state and showed it in Canton. Hoban had a great RB, no QB and a roster full of sophomores who overachieved a year ahead of schedule. Last year was definitely their worst coaching job in a state title game, they had no answers once they fell in the early hole and had to throw the game plan in the trash. But diminishing Tyrrell's coaching acumen because he hasn't won't 8 titles in a row is one of the dumbest takes that exists, and it mostly comes from people who just can't over their bitterness that Hoban has developed a great football program.

I’ve played plenty of close attention. He handed the ball off to one player over 40 times in last years state championship game. That’s so diverse and genius…. He lost badly to Winton Woods and made little to no adjustments. TT hasn’t “mastered” any special scheme. He has however, “mastered” getting genetic freaks to come be a Knight and run ISO 50 times right at you per game, punt the ball and play defense. It’s been a winning formula there’s no doubt but I wouldn’t call it anything special or game changing. The Knights simply have better players across the board than 97% of teams they play.
You're completely entitled to your ignorance, just like everyone else in this country. If you're not around the program, you don't know what you don't know.

He schemes up passes to throw over defenses’ heads when you have high school football players selling out to try to stop rumler, Dickerson, chip (osu) RB. I’m sorry, but he doesn’t get to be a great coach in my book after losing those last two state titles with teams with way more talent than their opponent. The TCC game was borderline hilarious couldn’t scheme up a single passing yard with a D1 QB.
2017 game WW had multiple D-1 players, (Myian Williams OSU), so your point falls short. First play of game is 70 yard TD pass by freshman QB. He then throws for 3 more before half. Defense holds them to 14 in a 42-14 blowout.

Really no one thinks Hoban wins by scheming or their middle school level passing game
No need to pass a lot when you have 3 horses and a big O-line is there? But I wouldn't be surprised if you see some early throws to keep them honest. Should be an exciting game.

May be hard for them to aquire a QB the way they've treated the last couple.
Surprised they didn't go after Tomlinson from Twinsburg. Or maybe they did, but he chose Glenville instead. Gotta think commuting to Hoban would be a little more appealing than moving to east Cleveland.

Pot calling the kettle black since Massillon lost 2 QB’s to Hoban for the way they were treated at Massillon.
How were they treated? You mean not ceding control of the program to their dads?

BTW, there aren't many in Massillon who see either transfer as a loss.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Slaughter leaves after this season based on what they did to him/how he has been treated.
"They" injured him? 🤡

How were they treated? You mean not ceding control of the program to their dads?

BTW, there aren't many in Massillon who see either transfer as a loss.

"They" injured him? 🤡
I think they were treated really well…I’ve lost track of how many rings they collected at Hoban (I’m sure Cougar can help me). Not only did Massillon lose the 1st QB for how he was treated…they lost his TE brother (multiple rings) and other brother.

They didn't have way more talent in 2021, WW was the best team in the state and showed it in Canton. Hoban had a great RB, no QB and a roster full of sophomores who overachieved a year ahead of schedule. Last year was definitely their worst coaching job in a state title game, they had no answers once they fell in the early hole and had to throw the game plan in the trash. But diminishing Tyrrell's coaching acumen because he hasn't won't 8 titles in a row is one of the dumbest takes that exists, and it mostly comes from people who just can't over their bitterness that Hoban has developed a great football program.
They didn’t have an elite Offensive Line that year? Look at WW schedule. They barely beat Green and again look at their schedule. That WW team wasn’t more talented

My impression of the 2021 game is that Hoban didn't really want to be there. They looked like they were going through the motions waiting for the clock to run out so they could leave and do something else.

I think they were treated really well…I’ve lost track of how many rings they collected at Hoban (I’m sure Cougar can help me). Not only did Massillon lose the 1st QB for how he was treated…they lost his TE brother (multiple rings) and other brother.
DC won 2, CC won 2-3 and Little C may get 1-2 by the time he leaves. So that's 5-8 range. Not bad for rejects from Massillon. How many would they have had they stayed???? 0.0.

My impression of the 2021 game is that Hoban didn't really want to be there. They looked like they were going through the motions waiting for the clock to run out so they could leave and do something else.
Probably bored from winning 5 rings over the past 7 years.

DC won 2, CC won 2-3 and Little C may get 1-2 by the time he leaves. So that's 5-8 range. Not bad for rejects from Massillon. How many would they have had they stayed???? 0.0.
Thank you sir

Kudos to the Hoban coaching staff for having the ability to build relationships with their players and their families and not allow them to be a problem or distraction. Sounds like Massillon (according to their own posters) struggles with that aspect of running a program.

Kudos to the Hoban coaching staff for having the ability to build relationships with their players and their families and not allow them to be a problem or distraction. Sounds like Massillon (according to their own posters) struggles with that aspect of running a program.
What you mean is that Moore doesn't put on knee pads before meeting with a player's dad, not does he have to wipe his chin afterwards.

Surprised they didn't go after Tomlinson from Twinsburg. Or maybe they did, but he chose Glenville instead. Gotta think commuting to Hoban would be a little more appealing than moving to east Cleveland.

That's assuming they actually moved.

Thank you sir

Kudos to Hoban for establishing a relationship with families, but if they worm turned and another program came into greater prominence than Hoban, many of those families would bail to the more high exposure program. That's not an indictment on Hoban, that's the nature of the beast.

That's assuming they actually moved.
Right. But the point is that in order to play for Glenville, they have to move into the Glenville attendance zone. In order to play all year for Hoban, they could move almost anywhere. And almost anywhere would be better than east Cleveland.