Votes: 16 16.8%
  • Avon by 1-8

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Avon by 9-16

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Avon by 17+

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Congrats to Hoban. Not a fan of that trick play that led to the interception that turned the game. Hoban was able to exert their will after that. Avon was playing well straight up and that call was unnecessary, IMO. I'm sure Avon felt they could blow the game open if it succeeded, but I don't like a non-QB trying to pass against that defense. The OHSAA gets the game they wanted.

Tyrell outcoached Elder. Hoban was patient Avon ran some desperation plays they didn’t need to. Even I recognized Avon could go toe to toe and beat Hoban. Those plays ultimately cost Avon. By outcoaching I don’t mean scheme or passing game BTW. Both those were 6th grade level as usual.

Congrats to Hoban. Not a fan of that trick play that led to the interception that turned the game. Hoban was able to exert their will after that. Avon was playing well straight up and that call was unnecessary, IMO. I'm sure Avon felt they could blow the game open if it succeeded, but I don't like a non-QB trying to pass against that defense. The OHSAA gets the game they wanted.
Congrats to Avon on another fine season. They're a class program that I would love to see break through at some point.

Tyrell outcoached Elder. Hoban was patient Avon ran some desperation plays they didn’t need to. Even I recognized Avon could go toe to toe and beat Hoban. Those plays ultimately cost Avon. By outcoaching I don’t mean scheme or passing game BTW. Both those were 6th grade level as usual.
Sadly, I have to agree. Three plays I would for sure take back if I could. The onside kick to start the second half, only because to me it was the first sign they felt they had to trick them to beat them. Second, that WR pass that got picked was just a bad idea all the way around. A non-QB trying to throw and at a point where you were driving on them straight up. And that hand off on the final drive was predictable and ate too much time and forced them to play hurry up the rest of the way. Love Coach Elder, though, because he had them right there with a more talented, bigger Hoban team all night. I just wish they would have played that second half more straight.

Feel horrible for Avon, damn injury. I knew they had the D just needed a tiny bit more O. :( Oh well great season guys. Congrats Hoban.
Qb be played very well considering the situation. They didn’t lose because of him. Hard for me to feel bad for Avon. They lacked discipline at times and didn’t realize they were better than Hoban. Hoban took it when it was winning time and Avon didn’t.

Props to Avon, they played exactly the game they needed to for 3 Q's, Hoban just found a way in the 4th. That's as good of job of tackling Hoban's run game as you'll see most of the night, the holes just started getting a little bigger the last 12 minutes. But if that's the Hoban offense that shows up on Thursday night, Massillon will roll them. The offense has definitely plateaued since week 7, and that's putting it kindly.

Qb be played very well considering the situation. They didn’t lose because of him. Hard for me to feel bad for Avon. They lacked discipline at times and didn’t realize they were better than Hoban. Hoban took it when it was winning time and Avon didn’t.

We can agree to disagree on that, but thems the breaks. Yes no doubt coach will toss & turn tonight over a couple decisions but its hard to be perfect.

Props to Avon, they played exactly the game they needed to for 3 Q's, Hoban just found a way in the 4th. That's as good of job of tackling Hoban's run game as you'll see most of the night, the holes just started getting a little bigger the last 12 minutes. But if that's the Hoban offense that shows up on Thursday night, Massillon will roll them. The offense has definitely plateaued since week 7, and that's putting it kindly.
Maybe work on catching punts this week? ;)

Yes, Hoban's offense should have had 30 points. They stopped themselves on the 1st drive down on the goal line with back to back false starts. They stopped themselves on another drive where their running back had a huge whole for a big play stopped because of motion. I do think Massillon is a little better than Hoban and will win 24 to 17 winning their 1st state championship of the playoff Era. One of the things that has been very apparent to me is the importance of an elite quarterback. Hoban doesn't have one Massillon does.

As much props as this board - and even myself have given Elder, damn it feels like Avon really gave this one away. They definitely had more penalties tonight than any other time I've seen them. Having to burn time outs in the second half due to miscommunication. And just what I thought were a few questionable play calls in the second half.

I'm sure a lot of that is having to play a team like Hoban with a Sophomore QB who was probably overmatched in a game like tonight. Avon deserves a ton of credit for even being in position to win, but it just seemed once they got in position they got really tight and let it slip away.

He had to run out to change his pad. Did he delete the one where he said that QB play was costing them?
Didn't delete anything, just turned it off discussed. I looked at ScoreStream in the 4th and couldn't believe they were in the game. Had to go back and watch what happened. Sorry guys but coach Elder was out coached. He tried 2 trick plays because he thought he needed them. Onside kick and a WR pass cost him the game. He plays it straight and he is moving on.

Your obsession with male and female anatomy is adolescent at best. Come up with some new material by Thursday

I don’t think the talent/size difference was that significant.
As an Akron Beacon Journal Subscriber and somebody who was forced to watch Ed’s Bradley on spectrum. The Akron Beacon said Hoban had 10 starters on their team with D1 offers. Is that not true or was it not noticeable? I know it’s high school football the non offer kids can play too, but I’m asking if Hoban’s D1 offers didn’t stand out.

As an Akron Beacon Journal Subscriber and somebody who was forced to watch Ed’s Bradley on spectrum. The Akron Beacon said Hoban had 10 starters on their team with D1 offers. Is that not true or was it not noticeable? I know it’s high school football the non offer kids can play too, but I’m asking if Hoban’s D1 offers didn’t stand out.
I thought Hoban's d1 players played very well. Hoban just made some critical mistakes on a couple of scoring drives that cost them 10 to 14 points. The false starts down on the goal line, the motion penalty on a running play to Caleb Jones when he had a huge hole and might have scored on the play.

I thought Hoban's d1 players played very well. Hoban just made some critical mistakes on a couple of scoring drives that cost them 10 to 14 points. The false starts down on the goal line, the motion penalty on a running play to Caleb Jones when he had a huge hole and might have scored on the play.
Yes. Let’s not forget that after that interception deep in Hoban territory in the first half an Avon WR had a pass go through his hands on a 4th down that either goes as a TD, or a first and goal from the two, if he holds on. Both teams missed on some opportunities.

Yes. Let’s not forget that after that interception deep in Hoban territory in the first half an Avon WR had a pass go through his hands on a 4th down that either goes as a TD, or a first and goal from the two, if he holds on. Both teams missed on some opportunities.
That is true. To be fair Avon missed on some opportunities.

Yes, Hoban's offense should have had 30 points. They stopped themselves on the 1st drive down on the goal line with back to back false starts. They stopped themselves on another drive where their running back had a huge whole for a big play stopped because of motion. I do think Massillon is a little better than Hoban and will win 24 to 17 winning their 1st state championship of the playoff Era. One of the things that has been very apparent to me is the importance of an elite quarterback. Hoban doesn't have one Massillon does.
You're a bit delusional if you think that's as 30-point offense against a good team. Once a team matches Hoban's physicality, their lack of any passing game gets exposed. Who's the one that said Hoban's offense this year is better than last? I thought I read that earlier? You and whoever that guy is should make a movie driving around the state in a motor home evangelizing Hoban's offense...........wait that movie's already been made Dumb and Dumber.

You're a bit delusional if you think that's as 30-point offense against a good team. Once a team matches Hoban's physicality, their lack of any passing game gets exposed. Who's the one that said Hoban's offense this year is better than last? I thought I read that earlier? You and whoever that guy is should make a movie driving around the state in a motor home evangelizing Hoban's offense...........wait that movie's already been made Dumb and Dumber.
Not 30 points against a really good defense but if Hoban doesn't have the false starts on the 2nd and 1 and the ball they score the way they were running the ball on the opening drive they score there and the announcers said the 2nd and 5 on a later drive on the Avon 25 was a touchdown if there wasn't a motion penalty on the play and there was a massive hole off tackle and Jones was threw when the play was blown dead.Thats the 30 points. You are right Hoban's quarterback seems indecisive when he passes. He is not sure whether to run, throw the ball away etc. Hoban doesn't stand a chance if he doesn't play well. Hoban has not hit on a really good quarterback since Hamm and Danny Clark. Crable and the kid from West Virginia weren't very good and this converted dB is looking shaky.

Not 30 points against a really good defense but if Hoban doesn't have the false starts on the 2nd and 1 and the ball they score the way they were running the ball on the opening drive they score there and the announcers said the 2nd and 5 on a later drive on the Avon 25 was a touchdown if there wasn't a motion penalty on the play and there was a massive hole off tackle and Jones was threw when the play was blown dead.Thats the 30 points. You are right Hoban's quarterback seems indecisive when he passes. He is not sure whether to run, throw the ball away etc. Hoban doesn't stand a chance if he doesn't play well. Hoban has not hit on a really good quarterback since Hamm and Danny Clark. Crable and the kid from West Virginia weren't very good and this converted dB is looking shaky.
I always believe if one play is changed the following sequences don't exist. Congratulations to both teams, that was a beautiful game.