DeSantis 2024

cjb5656

Well, about a year from now it will be hot and heavy in the race to replace Biden. Heck, he might not even win his own party’s nomination for 2024.

A lot can change in a year, but DeSantis is certainly positioned well to be our next POTUS. It will be interesting to see what Trump does, but I have to believe DeSantis will be hard for anyone to beat as long as he holds serve in FL over the next year.

We’re already suffering mightily from a dementia-riddled loon who is being manipulated 24/7 by unelected and unidentified Leftists. ENOUGH with 80 year olds, including DJT.
DeSantis has the chops to defend the country as founded and doesn’t write mean tweets.
He’s a shoe-in, as long as the Left doesn’t acquire 4000 mules in 2 years.

If you watch some of DeSantis' interviews and pressers, he's got one major problem: he angers very quickly. Not like with Trump where he'll make a joke to defuse it. This means nothing when it comes to policy of course but voters could get turned off very quickly if he can't control his temper.

If you watch some of DeSantis' interviews and pressers, he's got one major problem: he angers very quickly. Not like with Trump where he'll make a joke to defuse it. This means nothing when it comes to policy of course but voters could get turned off very quickly if he can't control his temper.
Huh? I haven’t seen that at all, post some clips to illustrate, I could be wrong. I have seen DeSantis get perturbed is how I would describe it, even then still speaking in a pretty calm tone.

Huh? I haven’t seen that at all, post some clips to illustrate, I could be wrong. I have seen DeSantis get perturbed is how I would describe it, even then still speaking in a pretty calm tone.
Yeah he doesn't fly off the handle or anything but he's gruff. I don't think it plays well. We tend to decide our presidential elections based on stupid ---- so that's my concern. Everybody wanted to have a beer with George W. Bush.

Yeah he doesn't fly off the handle or anything but he's gruff. I don't think it plays well. We tend to decide our presidential elections based on stupid ---- so that's my concern. Everybody wanted to have a beer with George W. Bush.

To each his own, I completely disagree and don’t see that at all. He has a very likable temperament in my opinion. Like I said, maybe some clips I haven’t seen may change my opinion. Some examples shouldn’t be hard to find and post.

He can always just hide for six months and let his surrogates stuff mailboxes and portable ballot collection boxes full of ballots with votes for him. It worked for Biden in 2020.

K

Ron likes to punish private companies for views he or his base may not agree with ., he thinks it’s his job to do this . Government’s job . Withholds funds using the powers of Gov to arbitrarily punish private businesses over things as little as a tweet . He does this to appear the tough guy who yahoos will support. He knows his base and he knows how divided the country is and he will do these ridiculous things using GOV and power to punish to score political points .

Small Gov ? Says Gov should never tell us what to do on one hand , but then uses his power to do what he does ? If guy don’t agree with him he makes you pay somehow . This is what the party of life and small gov wants

Especially out of you!! ???
Whoa there cabe. You are getting WAY to excited.
1654604636900.png

Well, at one point the media was telling him that he was killing his own citizens with his COVID policies, and he told them where to stick it. As it turns out, the guy who he hired to run his pandemic response actually knew what he was talking about and wasn't playing politics.

Orange Man's nastiness wasn't my favorite trait until he would turn it onto the Left and the media - and then I found it glorious. DeSantis has shown his temper when appropriate and kept his verbal mouth slaps within the bounds of decency. There is literally nothing here to not love.

Plus his loving marriage, care for his wife during her cancer, and those gorgeous kids soften the instances where he has had to slap back the ears of some silly leftist or media hack.

But I don't think he will go in 2024 - as much as I would love to see it. I think he could win the primary too, but it would be brutal. I don't think he can team with Orange Man because, well, look at how that worked out for Pence, and he can't afford to get that stink on him. He can't take Trump on because Trump will label him - and Trump's labels tend to stick.

The downside to waiting until 2028 is that he will be blamed for every hurricane that hits Florida, the python invasion, and mosquitos. Every act of God or man with negative outcomes will be laid at his feet. Because people don't really pay attention beyond headlines, the Left could label him and drive down his popularity if given 6 years to do it. So, maybe the right move is to strike while the iron is hot and do the GOP and the country a massive favor by keeping Don in Mara Lago. He would have to thread a needle where he defeats Trump by taking the high road, but rebutting what he has to without getting gutter mud on him. That's asking a lot.

The fact that DeSantis is popular on this site doesn’t mean anything. This group is hardly representative of the American electorate. The only thing sure about the next election is that the Republican Party is prepared to cheat if they lose. A lot of Big Lie supporters have been positioned at the state level to betray the election results and the country. Also, predicting victory is very premature when guns, abortion, Jan. 6, and Trump’s predictable stupidity are taken into account. The way the War in the Ukraine plays out could also have a big impact. I’m going to enjoy watching you morons as you root for inflation to continue in order to win anything.

Last edited:
So when a guy pushes back at the media and others who make stuff up, he's angry?

I'll take that all day, every day.

Well, at one point the media was telling him that he was killing his own citizens with his COVID policies, and he told them where to stick it. As it turns out, the guy who he hired to run his pandemic response actually knew what he was talking about and wasn't playing politics.

Orange Man's nastiness wasn't my favorite trait until he would turn it onto the Left and the media - and then I found it glorious. DeSantis has shown his temper when appropriate and kept his verbal mouth slaps within the bounds of decency. There is literally nothing here to not love.

Plus his loving marriage, care for his wife during her cancer, and those gorgeous kids soften the instances where he has had to slap back the ears of some silly leftist or media hack.

But I don't think he will go in 2024 - as much as I would love to see it. I think he could win the primary too, but it would be brutal. I don't think he can team with Orange Man because, well, look at how that worked out for Pence, and he can't afford to get that stink on him. He can't take Trump on because Trump will label him - and Trump's labels tend to stick.

The downside to waiting until 2028 is that he will be blamed for every hurricane that hits Florida, the python invasion, and mosquitos. Every act of God or man with negative outcomes will be laid at his feet. Because people don't really pay attention beyond headlines, the Left could label him and drive down his popularity if given 6 years to do it. So, maybe the right move is to strike while the iron is hot and do the GOP and the country a massive favor by keeping Don in Mara Lago. He would have to thread a needle where he defeats Trump by taking the high road, but rebutting what he has to without getting gutter mud on him. That's asking a lot.
I don't think that Trump runs in 24....

the
The fact that DeSantis is popular on this site doesn’t mean anything. This group is hardly representative of the American electorate. The only thing sure about the next election is that the Republican Party is prepared to cheat if they lose. A lot of Big Lie supporters have been positioned at the state level to betray the election results and the country. Also, predicting victory is very premature when guns, abortion, Jan. 6, and Trump’s predictable stupidity are taken into account. The way the War in the Ukraine plays out could also have a big impact. I’m going to enjoy watching you morons as you root for inflation to continue in order to win anything.
fact that some liberal on Yappi doesn't like the boy down in FLA, doesn't mean a damn thing....he hardly represents what most Americans think, the only thing that is known, is that the Democrats have proven that they will do whatever it takes to win a election.... as Slugger Reid said a few years ago..... "it worked didn't it"

Ron likes to punish private companies for views he or his base may not agree with ., he thinks it’s his job to do this . Government’s job . Withholds funds using the powers of Gov to arbitrarily punish private businesses over things as little as a tweet . He does this to appear the tough guy who yahoos will support. He knows his base and he knows how divided the country is and he will do these ridiculous things using GOV and power to punish to score political points .

Small Gov ? Says Gov should never tell us what to do on one hand , but then uses his power to do what he does ? If guy don’t agree with him he makes you pay somehow . This is what the party of life and small gov wants
This is why he's going to be the Republican party nominee in 2024 barring Trump running again. He has out-culture warred all other potentially viable candidates taking on Disney, the Special Olympics, and MLB (Tampa Bay Rays), among others, using the levers of state government to hammer those he disagrees with on partisan cultural issues and to score culture war victories for right-wingers.

A significant minority of those who will vote in the Republican primary will eat it up and will deem him their candidate barring Trump part III. Small government only matters when it comes to safeguarding items that are important to them; it doesn't matter at all when it comes to trying to get a piece of liberals/progressives that they are culturally annoyed by. Unless there's a major turnaround of certain economic indicators (i.e. gas prices), Trump is probably the only one who might prevent him from winning the presidency in 2024.

DeSantis... but Trump.

It really is an incredible thing to observe.

Climate, Brandon, guns, Russia, Ukraine, Iran, China, energy, inflation, Covid, baby formula, supply chain, abortion, and insert issue here... "But Trump."

It's an intractable disease, evidently.

DeSantis... but Trump.

It really is an incredible thing to observe.

Climate, Brandon, guns, Russia, Ukraine, Iran, China, energy, inflation, Covid, baby formula, supply chain, abortion, and insert issue here... "But Trump."

It's an intractable disease, evidently.
Particularly from a "lifelong Republican" :ROFLMAO:

Also, predicting victory is very premature when guns, abortion, Jan. 6, and Trump’s predictable stupidity are taken into account. The way the War in the Ukraine plays out could also have a big impact. I’m going to enjoy watching you morons as you root for inflation to continue in order to win anything.
I know the Left will never give up on 1-6-21 and they’ll continue to beat that drum in the media for 29 more months. Although, I’m not sure how they’ll be able to pull it off after the “hearings” wrap up before November and will never be continued past the Red Wave this Fall. They’re going to need to increase the CNN and PMSNBC viewership by 500% to get enough interest in it.
If Putin is still in Ukraine in 29 months, the Left will need divine intervention to make it a positive issue.
The furor over Roe V Wade will subside in 29 months as states take the reigns from the Supremes.
Nobody has to root for inflation as there’s nothing ordinary Americans can do about it. Besides, the Federal Reserve will send us into a deep recession to cure it. Just like last time. Just like how a conservative like Reagan won. Funny how history repeats itself when the Leftists assume power.

This is why he's going to be the Republican party nominee in 2024 barring Trump running again. He has out-culture warred all other potentially viable candidates taking on Disney, the Special Olympics, and MLB (Tampa Bay Rays), among others, using the levers of state government to hammer those he disagrees with on partisan cultural issues and to score culture war victories for right-wingers.
Notice the rapid implosion of MeToo? All it took was one celebrity court case. People do get tired of culture war issues.

I have no doubt DeSantis could be elected President if the election were today. Can he be elected President in two and a half years? Covid won't be around. We have no idea what the economic situation will look like. His record is that of a standard hard right Republican. He's going to be in conflict with the Trump/Vance/Paul/Carlson/etc wing of the party on a number of issues. Say what you will about them, but it's the Trump wing that started some demographic shifts towards the GOP -- not the ultra-conservative Yappi consensus.