Dems proposing 3 trillion dollar give away.

I agree. The wife and I divided ours amongst several charities and animal rescue sites. Just so no partisan politics can be claimed we sent an equal amount to a donkey and mule rescue ranch out west and to a rescue site for elephants among others.
That's awesome!

These $600 payments needed to end yesterday. It’s the height of absurdity that those working get nothing while those sitting around get $600 a week.
What us working folk are getting, as a product of us being employed, is beyond what the non-working folk are getting with the 600/week. (The other thing is that $600/week was implemented so recipients would ultimately be putting it back into the economy, which in turn keeps many of us employed!)

What us working folk are getting, as a product of us being employed, is beyond what the non-working folk are getting with the 600/week. (The other thing is that $600/week was implemented so recipients would ultimately be putting it back into the economy, which in turn keeps many of us employed!)
Bullcrap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bull crap.

Nope I'm a realist. There should have been no $2T and $1T plans to combat the results of the government actions. The government should have put the money in the pockets of the employers (big AND small) to cover salaries/benefits and fixed costs and offset the economic disruption that they mandated and maintained it until the restrictions were off. That way, no layoffs, no need for stimulus, and no need to juice unemployment to the point of being a money-laundering payoff scam. They were providing stimulus to people that needed it or not before there was a recession. The House's new bill is more of the same.
Amen (y) Now you have states that were bankrupt prior to the pandemic wanting money from the Federal Gov to bail them out...

These $600 payments needed to end yesterday. It’s the height of absurdity that those working get nothing while those sitting around get $600 a week.
What about the millions who have been furloughed or laid off due to the shut down who would otherwise be working?

Why in the f are retired people getting stimulus checks? Why are people who are getting unemployment checks getting stimulus checks? We've came of the best economy in years and people haven't saved up enough money to make it 2 frikking months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've been sending stimulus checks to dead people. Government is prone to making a lot of errors and running inefficiently, especially when running head first on a whim.

I'm sure this would come as a shock to many, but there really are quite a few folks that are rightly or wrongly living on tight margins month to month, and the constant burn of their cash has probably made a sizable impact on the consumer economy over the last several years. I'd say the same for bigger businesses/corporations that hit the oh chit button within a few weeks of things closing down.

Both are why we need to be trending back to normalcy as it's become readily apparent that the working masses under age 60 are at very little to no risk from Coronavirus. The states and municipalities that try to tread gently through the summer are going to wipe out hordes of individuals and businesses financially.

Speaking of which, I'm sure that in the near future there will be some large and unsurprising states that are going to be calling for federal bailouts due to prolonged shutdowns raging hell on state and municipal budgets and long-term obligations that were already in bad shape, i.e. California and Illinois. To a lesser extent the same is going to be true just about everywhere.

A friend told me that his mother received the stimulus check and she had passed away last November. They spoke with the IRS concerning returning the money and we told they couldn't deal with it at this time as they were having so much trouble getting the checks out to begin with. She was on Social Security and those payments had stopped immediately after her passing.

Did the Federal government shut the economy down or didn't they? The flip flopping on who is accountable to shut down and open up is getting tiresome. If Trump shut the economy down, then he is accountable for any welfare to offset it. If DeWine shut the economy down, then DeWine is accountable to offset it. Since you guys flop everyday about who is accountable depending on how the wind blows, who is exactly accountable for shutting things down and opening things up?

The group that originated the order. County, State, or Federal should bear the responsibility that way they have to balance the costs, the lives, and the impact (positive and negative). What has happened so far is that in most cases the counties and states made the decision, but with the expectation that the feds would provide a backstop to whatever they decided to do, so they could do what they wanted with little to no concern about the repercussions. Now if the states were choosing to do certain things because of recommendations of the feds, then that would color the argument.

Why not just have the federal government buy a lot of stuff, everybody stays employed and the government gets something that they could use/sell later.

What about the millions who have been furloughed or laid off due to the shut down who would otherwise be working?

Why were they laid off? The government that shut down the businesses should have had a plan to have those people keep their jobs and continue to get paid.

Pelosi is a snake. We are not going hand hundreds of billions to states to clean up their pension mess that has nothing to do with the pandemic. Poorly managed blue states are not going to get a windfall to cover up their disastrous state management. BS.

Off work, have a stimulus check, get an extra $600 bucks a week and go to Wally World, Lowes get C -19 come home spread it to family members, yeah a brilliant strategy.

Do they really think that will get Biden elected? They'll sell the soul of our country for power. The 2 trillion dollar stimulus wasn't needed. Another 3 trillion dollars of debt will kill this nation.
This is why we need term limits, these pols are nothing but political whores.

So your saying my son who is working 20 hours per week st $10.00 /hr would not have been better off getting laid off while still averaging 40 hrs per week AND GETTING THE $600 on top of that so $800 per week.

By my math the $800 is a better deal than the $200.

From what I've read $53,000 is the magic number for doing better working than unemployed.

Supposedly some employees claimed immune deficiency to get a layoff and do not have to prove medically that they really have this condition. They will not be calling them back anytime soon as the virus is still there, and they still have a immune system that is broken.

If it doesn’t matter they why not propose $20 Trillion? Just double down on the debt we have right now. Should be fine right?
Because $20T is not necessary. GDP, as I stated in early March, would likely take a hit of $4T from a 2 month shutdown. Infusing $4T into the economy to offset the losses is the best thing for keeping the economy from completely collapsing.

As for the debt, Mnuchin has stated that they are looking to turnour nation's o

Because $20T is not necessary. GDP, as I stated in early March, would likely take a hit of $4T from a 2 month shutdown. Infusing $4T into the economy to offset the losses is the best thing for keeping the economy from completely collapsing.

As for the debt, Mnuchin has stated that they are looking to turnour nation's o
To continue my thoughts....

Mnuchin is turning our short term debt into long term debt at much lower interest rates. The interest savings is more than $3T.

We as a nation do not have "bad debt".

The world is starved for US dollars and the creation of another $10T would be absorbed quickly globally without inflation exceeding 2%. I would much prefer that $10T be given to everyday working class US citizens than to corporate elitist. They'll get the lion's share eventually but it will improve the lives of millions of Americans (and billions of Earthlings) in the process.

Did the Federal government shut the economy down or didn't they? The flip flopping on who is accountable to shut down and open up is getting tiresome. If Trump shut the economy down, then he is accountable for any welfare to offset it. If DeWine shut the economy down, then DeWine is accountable to offset it. Since you guys flop everyday about who is accountable depending on how the wind blows, who is exactly accountable for shutting things down and opening things up?
The States are in both cases.

Why not just have the federal government buy a lot of stuff, everybody stays employed and the government gets something that they could use/sell later.
Because the Federal Government would spend all the money at a handful of corporations that donate to political campaigns.

Put the money in ordinary peoples hands and let them decide the winners and losers.

Has any Ohio hospital been overwhelmed?
I don't know, but if not it isn't because of RINO Mikes " stay at home orders " because nobody stayed home. Went out and spent all their extra cash in stores and at the same time were infected by the bat virus brought it home and infected their families with it. I would say the reason hospitals are not over ran is because most people who get it either are asymptomatic or quarantined at home.

Reactions: y2h