Dems proposing 3 trillion dollar give away.

Tesoro

Do they really think that will get Biden elected? They'll sell the soul of our country for power. The 2 trillion dollar stimulus wasn't needed. Another 3 trillion dollars of debt will kill this nation.

I remember the lady in Cleveland that said Obama was the best and she would vote for him because he got her a new cell phone. The D's must think they are in real trouble proposing 3 trillion more to get the vote. I guess they think it will have to be more than a cell phone to get the vote this year.

Mitch running ads in KY about his stimulus (of course we don't know where it went because Mnuchin and administration have no oversight or transparency) Lot of evidence it went to well connected people large corporations, publicly traded corporations and those with Private Banking relationships. (unlike auto bailout which was highly transparent)

btw - Wasn't there a thread about Dems holding up stimulus on this board?

Mitch running ads in KY about his stimulus (of course we don't know where it went because Mnuchin and administration have no oversight or transparency) Lot of evidence it went to well connected people large corporations, publicly traded corporations and those with Private Banking relationships. (unlike auto bailout which was highly transparent)

btw - Wasn't there a thread about Dems holding up stimulus on this board?
Yes...they were blackmailing the country to get 40 million dollars for the Kennedy center..as well as other pork. Now..they are proposing the stimulus and trying to make the republicans look bad to the non intellectual voters in this country (which includes you)

Look people the country was done in 2007 2008 bailout. now wait another 2 or 3 years and we WILL have the same thing happen again.

To much "bad" debt is still in the system.....................

Debt doesn't really matter at this point IMO. It's been clear since 2007-08 that we're never meaningfully paying it off. It's a number on a sheet of paper at this point. As another poster noted, there's an enormous amount of garbage debt still loaded up in our financial system and personally I think that the market falloff due to the onset of COVID helped speed up some corrections or resets that needed to occur anyway.

As far as more stimulus goes, I'd say the same thing about it as the first COVID stimulus. If government (local/state/federal) is going to enact public health policies that hinder your ability to make a living or which hinder your business's ability to stay in business, then they absolutely need to be sending out easy money to help you pay your bills and avoid having a personal financial cliff. More stimulus isn't needed or would be needed in a much smaller amount if they'd just let everybody get back to their lives and back to work while focusing resources and energy on protecting at-risk population groups from COVID.

To further that point, we wouldn't have a 0% benchmark interest rate (pandemic or otherwise) with Federal Reserve manipulations like QE and Repos (already ongoing) to stimulate the economy by increasing money supply if sound financials still mattered.

Getting upset about giveaways to individuals and/or corporations is pretty much crying wolf at this point. That ship sailed long ago.

Debt doesn't really matter at this point IMO. It's been clear since 2007-08 that we're never meaningfully paying it off. It's a number on a sheet of paper at this point. As another poster noted, there's an enormous amount of garbage debt still loaded up in our financial system and personally I think that the market falloff due to the onset of COVID helped speed up some corrections or resets that needed to occur anyway.

As far as more stimulus goes, I'd say the same thing about it as the first COVID stimulus. If government (local/state/federal) is going to enact public health policies that hinder your ability to make a living or which hinder your business's ability to stay in business, then they absolutely need to be sending out easy money to help you pay your bills and avoid having a personal financial cliff. More stimulus isn't needed or would be needed in a much smaller amount if they'd just let everybody get back to their lives and back to work while focusing resources and energy on protecting at-risk population groups from COVID.
Why in the f are retired people getting stimulus checks? Why are people who are getting unemployment checks getting stimulus checks? We've came of the best economy in years and people haven't saved up enough money to make it 2 frikking months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like how they took the popular first responder bill, 200 billion and made it 3 trillion with all the fat added in lol

Why in the f are retired people getting stimulus checks? Why are people who are getting unemployment checks getting stimulus checks? We've came of the best economy in years and people haven't saved up enough money to make it 2 frikking months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Perhaps you’re forgetting what the point of “stimulus” is.

Because it was an economy built from straw. Started with conservative's horse and sparrow tax cuts during St. Ronnie's time in office.

SWMCinci is one of those libertarians that believes in magic economics.

Nope I'm a realist. There should have been no $2T and $1T plans to combat the results of the government actions. The government should have put the money in the pockets of the employers (big AND small) to cover salaries/benefits and fixed costs and offset the economic disruption that they mandated and maintained it until the restrictions were off. That way, no layoffs, no need for stimulus, and no need to juice unemployment to the point of being a money-laundering payoff scam. They were providing stimulus to people that needed it or not before there was a recession. The House's new bill is more of the same.

I agree. The wife and I divided ours amongst several charities and animal rescue sites. Just so no partisan politics can be claimed we sent an equal amount to a donkey and mule rescue ranch out west and to a rescue site for elephants among others.

If it doesn’t matter they why not propose $20 Trillion? Just double down on the debt we have right now. Should be fine right?

Nope I'm a realist. There should have been no $2T and $1T plans to combat the results of the government actions. The government should have put the money in the pockets of the employers (big AND small) to cover salaries/benefits and fixed costs and offset the economic disruption that they mandated and maintained it until the restrictions were off. That way, no layoffs, no need for stimulus, and no need to juice unemployment to the point of being a money-laundering payoff scam. They were providing stimulus to people that needed it or not before there was a recession. The House's new bill is more of the same.
Did the Federal government shut the economy down or didn't they? The flip flopping on who is accountable to shut down and open up is getting tiresome. If Trump shut the economy down, then he is accountable for any welfare to offset it. If DeWine shut the economy down, then DeWine is accountable to offset it. Since you guys flop everyday about who is accountable depending on how the wind blows, who is exactly accountable for shutting things down and opening things up?