D7 R25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only is Lucas superior to Dalton in football, we also have a better meat market. Pinhook Meats > 3D Meats
On a more serious note, no disrespect, but I think Dalton beats Lucas by 3 touchdowns if they played right now. Lucas' lone loss to a bad CCC team 15-0.....and squeaked out a 14-12 win against Hillsdale who Dalton beat 41-20.

Dalton has only given up 96 points on the year and in reality, you could probably cut that in half for what has been given up during garbage time.

On a more serious note, no disrespect, but I think Dalton beats Lucas by 3 touchdowns if they played right now. Lucas' lone loss to a bad CCC team 15-0.....and squeaked out a 14-12 win against Hillsdale who Dalton beat 41-20.

Dalton has only given up 96 points on the year and in reality, you could probably cut that in half for what has been given up during garbage time.
So you did realize I was joking. Good. Seriously though, 3 TDs? I highly doubt that. A bad CCC team? We were down three starters, and have you seen their schedule? The Cubs have given up 103 points, 20 of which Danville scored against our 2nd/3rd team guys. I hope we see Dalton. We may lose that game, but it isn't going to be easy, I can promise you that.

Last edited:

You realize I was joking, good. Seriously though, 3 TDs. I highly doubt that. A bad CCC team? We were down three starters, and have you seen their schedule? The Cubs have given up 103 points, 20 of which Danville scored against our 2nd/3rd team guys. I hope we see Dalton. We may lose that game, but it isn't going to be easy, I can promise you that.
dnis is a dyed in a wool Lucas-honk, but he speaks the truth here.

Dalton is a fantastic team, but one of their weaknesses is dealing with blunt physicality. That helps level out their superior athleticism because their offense slows down because of what they have to deal with on defense. That said, there are not many teams that can do that to them. JFK did it last year. Garaway & Ridgewood did this year (and we'll see what happens tomorrow night). I don't think Lucas is at that level, but they're AWFUL close.

The Bulldog's next "signature win" will be their first. They have 2 REALLY good/close loses to Garaway & Ridgewood, but the best team they've beaten is East Canton. Frankly, no one in R25 has any "wow" wins with exception of St Paul beating Edon and that was a 1pt win in a shootout.

Dalton is a fantastic team, but one of their weaknesses is dealing with blunt physicality. That helps level out their superior athleticism because their offense slows down because of what they have to deal with on defense. That said, there are not many teams that can do that to them. JFK did it last year. Garaway & Ridgewood did this year (and we'll see what happens tomorrow night). I don't think Lucas is at that level, but they're AWFUL close.

The Bulldog's next "signature win" will be their first. They have 2 REALLY good/close loses to Garaway & Ridgewood, but the best team they've beaten is East Canton. Frankly, no one in R25 has any "wow" wins with exception of St Paul beating Edon and that was a 1pt win in a shootout.
LMFAO!

The Lucas wins that stand out to me are: pasting Wynford & Fort Loramie and taking down undefeated D2 Lakewood on a few days notice. These are better wins than any Dalton can hang their hat on. Now, saying that, if Dalton beats Norwayne, I will concede to them on all fronts.

Last edited:

I went ahead and checked out Edon earlier this year. That QB is a man amongst boys. (And looks it out there) but they can’t keep him off the field. At all… I think he’s place kicking on ST. OUTSIDE of QB1, Edon is whatever more positive synonyms for: slow, small, and inconsistent Edon fans would prefer I use here.

Dalton vs. Lucas should probably just happen. All this buildup and no payoff. (That’s for you CasualFan)

Eye test, it’s pretty easy to assume Dalton rolls. But, I’m a bit of an “offensist” and unfairly criticize most teams in a wing T. Fort Frye has built a nice program on it (if that FF nut job reads this, keep it moving chief) but I’m here to be entertained.

That’ said… Lucas just keeps winning. Even after I’ve decided they shouldn’t. (Kind of annoying really) so who knows? Love to see it though!

The Firelands Conference has 5 teams in the top 16. (St Paul, Plymouth, Mapleton, South Central, Monroeville) With St Paul playing Monroeville on Saturday, it could cause a late shuffle of several teams' rankings from that one game.
Firelands conference looks like they have a good chance to get every team in the conference in the playoffs..

I'd say Dalton has taken a late edge in motivation . . . (Norwayne is the Bobcats for sake of clarity)
1634903213352.png

Just go ahead and give me Dalton WITH the points…

34 and 5 have grown up in Wayne Co seeing their share of idiot rebel flags and all…but this game didn’t need this. Can’t imagine the Norwayne squad isn’t pissed about it either?‍♂️
I'm imagining Coach Indorf dragging the owner of this page down the hall into a room for a "counselling" session.

Some WCAL teams have issues with this kind of thing it seems. I know of several other issues from teams in the league. No place for it, and like Tempesta, I know Indorf isn't real happy this morning with this.

edited to add some. it is unfair to lump all of them together, but that is now 3 that I've heard or seen things like this from.

Sucks that we still have posts like that happening in 2021 - "can't we all just get along" is cliche, but, can't we SERIOUSLY just all get along for god's sake?! And how dumb do you have to be to post that to begin with?! It's not going to take a rocket scientist to figure out who has posting rights to that page and trace it back to the person that posted it.

Back to football which is the only thing these games should be about...
The Lucas wins that stand out to me are: pasting Wynford & Fort Loramie and taking down undefeated D2 Lakewood on a few days notice. These are better wins than any Dalton can hang their hat on. Now, saying that, if Dalton beats Norwayne, I will concede to them on all fronts.
Undefeated Lakewood is now 1-4 since being undefeated and sitting at 5-4 overall. Yes, D2....but come on that is not a signature win. Lucas has not scored over 40 points in any game this season and in fact their average scoring for the season is 27.25 points per game while giving up on average 12.875 points per game. Not what you would expect from a team that people believe will compete for a regional title.

I would argue, that Dalton's 2 losses, are better than any Lucas win. What do we think the scores would be if Lucas played Garaway and Ridgewood? I don't feel like either game would be very close.

I don't think 3 touchdowns is that much of an exaggeration. People think Dalton/Norwayne will be a fist fight (might actually be now)....Norwayne throttled CCC 57-35 (3 touchdowns) and CCC beat Lucas by 2 touchdowns.....so if Dalton wins...or plays Norwayne close - seems like they should be able to handle Lucas pretty easily....?

Undefeated Lakewood is now 1-4 since being undefeated and sitting at 5-4 overall. Yes, D2....but come on that is not a signature win. Lucas has not scored over 40 points in any game this season and in fact their average scoring for the season is 27.25 points per game while giving up on average 12.875 points per game. Not what you would expect from a team that people believe will compete for a regional title.

I would argue, that Dalton's 2 losses, are better than any Lucas win. What do we think the scores would be if Lucas played Garaway and Ridgewood? I don't feel like either game would be very close.

I don't think 3 touchdowns is that much of an exaggeration. People think Dalton/Norwayne will be a fist fight (might actually be now)....Norwayne throttled CCC 57-35 (3 touchdowns) and CCC beat Lucas by 2 touchdowns.....so if Dalton wins...or plays Norwayne close - seems like they should be able to handle Lucas pretty easily....?
Losses are better than beating a D2 team with a winning record? Come on. Congrats on losing to Garaway by 2 TDs. Pathetic little Malvern lost to them by 3 TDs. SMH.

I can certainly understand the logic here. I get it. Have felt this way here & there in regards to a Dalton/Lucas matchup. But counterpoint: Dalton Should have beat Garaway by a few TD’s and lost by 2 TD’s and I feel Lucas should have beat the Crusaders (this year) and lost by 2 TD’s… So we can’t just arrive at an answer. You gotta show your work. which is why they have to play these out. I really thought the Cubs would get dragged out to deep water by Loramie for the same reason you listed…but. The results are in, and: “That was lie!” (Maury voice)

Losses are better than beating a D2 team with a winning record? Come on. Congrats on losing to Garaway by 2 TDs. Pathetic little Malvern lost to them by 3 TDs. SMH.
That’s a bit of a stretch, now Dnis … I have Malvern as a nicely talented D7 school that sees good/bigger IVC squads. Love to see this Malvern vs. the Firelands TBH. (Would also like to see Rittman dissolve, and add a Lucas to the WCAL in terms of matchups)

Lakewoods schedule as a D2 is laughable compared to D6 Canton CC’s. (Still a great pickup at the time)

That’s a bit of a stretch, now Dnis … I have Malvern as a nicely talented D7 school that sees good/bigger IVC squads. Love to see this Malvern vs. the Firelands TBH. (Would also like to see Rittman dissolve, and add a Lucas to the WCAL in terms of matchups)

Lakewoods schedule as a D2 is laughable compared to D6 Canton CC’s. (Still a great pickup at the time)
:unsure: I didn't really mean Malvern was pathetic. I was TRYING to being facetious. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.