D7 R25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losses are better than beating a D2 team with a winning record? Come on. Congrats on losing to Garaway by 2 TDs. Pathetic little Malvern lost to them by 3 TDs. SMH.
I don't get the logic - you're not comparing apples to apples. Garaway is the #3 seed in D5 region 17.....How is this the same at all? They are bigger than Dalton, and Dalton played pretty tough. Then there's Ridgewood who scored in the closing minutes to win that game 14-7 and Dalton put the ball on the ground 3 times in that game otherwise it could have been very different.

I understand if's and but's, but you're acting like Dalton lost a game they were supposed to win...? Thats just not the case at all....

I don't get the logic - you're not comparing apples to apples. Garaway is the #3 seed in D5 region 17.....How is this the same at all? They are bigger than Dalton, and Dalton played pretty tough. Then there's Ridgewood who scored in the closing minutes to win that game 14-7 and Dalton put the ball on the ground 3 times in that game otherwise it could have been very different.

I understand if's and but's, but you're acting like Dalton lost a game they were supposed to win...? Thats just not the case at all....

Who on Dalton's schedule was supposed to beat them outside of Garaway, until tonight? Even tonights game, at the beginning of the year, Dalton was probably favored with Norwayne losing most of their production.

You're saying a good loss to Garaway/Ridgewood is better than any win Lucas has. That's just silly. You guys don't have one WIN that even slightly compares to some of Lucas' wins, so you move to the "good" losses. My point is, Malvern lost to Garaway too, by one more TD than Dalton. What does that say about Dalton? You'd only be a one TD favorite to Malvern, but somehow a 3 TD favorite to Lucas? Please.

Last edited:
You're saying a good loss to Garaway/Ridgewood is better than any win Lucas has. That's just silly. You guys don't have one WIN that even slightly compares to any of Lucas' wins., so you move to the "good" losses. My point is, Malvern lost to Garaway too, by one more TD than Dalton. What does that say about Dalton? You'd only be a one TD favorite to Malvern, but somehow a 3 TD favorite to Lucas? Please.
Love the back and forth btw!

Based on your logic with a common opponent - Lucas would be a 5 touchdown dog to Norwayne then right?

Who needs coaches rankings to banter back and forth about when you can try to apply the transitive property to HS kids....Solid logic....

You're saying a good loss to Garaway/Ridgewood is better than any win Lucas has. That's just silly. You guys don't have one WIN that even slightly compares to any of Lucas' wins., so you move to the "good" losses. My point is, Malvern lost to Garaway too, by one more TD than Dalton. What does that say about Dalton? You'd only be a one TD favorite to Malvern, but somehow a 3 TD favorite to Lucas? Please.
Also - if you have watch any college football over the last 10 years....you see literally year after year teams making the college football playoff because they have "better losses" and "X" team has good wins.

Prime example will be this year...Georgia, Alabama, and Cincinnati. Georgia will either have 1 loss (to Alabama) or be undefeated and Alabama will either have 1 loss (to Texas A&M) or 2 losses (A&M and Georgia) all while Cincinnati will likely be undefeated. I've got news for you, any loss that Georgia or Alabama has, will be significantly better than any win Cincinnati has. (Don't @me Notre Dame fans, no one is impressed with you beating ARMY, NAVY, and Air Force every year)

I dont think Lucas would be a 3 TD dog to anyone in D7 besides Marion Local. When McDonald lost to them in OT a few years back, I said no way they can beat Aquinas, ok no way they can beat Heights....They kept going and going.

I no longer doubt them against anyone really...same goes for JFK. I cant quite say that about anyone else in this region.

Dalton may have their best team in awhile and I know some of these were in D6 but still.

I'll start with my personal favorite
2010- 2nd round loss to McDonald 52-28
2011- 2-8
2012- 4-6
2013- 3-7
2014- 6-4
2015- 1-9
2016- 7-4 Loss first round of playoffs
2017- 12-1 Regional finals D7
2018- 4-6
2019- 9-2 Lost first round
2020- 6-3 Lost 3rd round with expanded field.

So in 11 years their playoff record is 5-5.

JFK had 5 playoff wins last year alone. The year prior Lucas won 4 and it would have been 5 with an expanded field.

My point here is until proven otherwise JFK and Lucas in my opinion are the favorites.

I dont think Lucas would be a 3 TD dog to anyone in D7 besides Marion Local. When McDonald lost to them in OT a few years back, I said no way they can beat Aquinas, ok no way they can beat Heights....They kept going and going.

I no longer doubt them against anyone really...same goes for JFK. I cant quite say that about anyone else in this region.

Dalton may have their best team in awhile and I know some of these were in D6 but still.

2011- 2-8
2012- 4-6
2013- 3-7
2014- 6-4
2015- 1-9
2018- 4-6

JFK had 5 playoff wins last year alone. The year prior Lucas won 4 and it would have been 5 with an expanded field.

My point here is until proven otherwise JFK and Lucas in my opinion are the favorites.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!! Well stated!!!!!

Who on Dalton's schedule was supposed to beat them outside of Garaway, until tonight? Even tonights game, at the beginning of the year, Dalton was probably favored with Norwayne losing most of their production.
I'm confused by this also - at the beginning of the year Dalton was probably favored in every game except Garaway and Norwayne (only because on the road)....and they've won all those games except Garaway? (Ridgewood was a fill in game and Dalton would have been the underdog in that game as well at the beginning of the year)

Also - if you have watch any college football over the last 10 years....you see literally year after year teams making the college football playoff because they have "better losses" and "X" team has good wins.

Prime example will be this year...Georgia, Alabama, and Cincinnati. Georgia will either have 1 loss (to Alabama) or be undefeated and Alabama will either have 1 loss (to Texas A&M) or 2 losses (A&M and Georgia) all while Cincinnati will likely be undefeated. I've got news for you, any loss that Georgia or Alabama has, will be significantly better than any win Cincinnati has. (Don't @me Notre Dame fans, no one is impressed with you beating ARMY, NAVY, and Air Force every year)
Cincy is gaining clout. They damn near beat Georgia last year in their bowl game.

I'm confused by this also - at the beginning of the year Dalton was probably favored in every game except Garaway and Norwayne (only because on the road)....and they've won all those games except Garaway? (Ridgewood was a fill in game and Dalton would have been the underdog in that game as well at the beginning of the year)
Wait. I thought Dalton was a 14 point favorite against Norwayne? No, sorry, 13.5 point favorite.

2011- 2-8
2012- 4-6
2013- 3-7
2014- 6-4
2015- 1-9
2018- 4-6

Here is what I know. Lucas came to R25 in 2019. We won the region that year and played for the regional championship the following. Lucas has played in 4 regional finals in 6 years (IN THREE DIFFERENT REGIONS). Dalton has one regional final. I respect the hell out of Dalton, but come on man. Please don't act like you guys are some kind of unbeatable force.

Last edited:

2011- 2-8
2012- 4-6
2013- 3-7
2014- 6-4
2015- 1-9
2018- 4-6

LMAOOOOOOO Allow me to provide some context here.....

2011- 2-8
2012- 4-6
2013- 3-7
2014- 6-4
2015- 1-9
☝️ All of these are pre Broc Dial

☝️ Coach Dial's FIRST YEAR and this loss was to Kirtland
☝️ Possibly Dalton's best team ever
2018- 4-6
☝️ Coach Dial did not coach this year as he was going through some personal/family stuff
2020- 6-3 Lost 3rd round with expanded field
☝️ Coach Dial back and rebuilding

Basically what I'm saying is.....yeah teams can be bad with bad coaches, look at Alabama before Nick Saban

Norwayne loses 3-4 OL, big TE/WR, QB, and RB where Dalton returns all of those and is still favored to beat Dalton? Guess I talk to different WCAL people then.

Norwayne loses 3-4 OL, big TE/WR, QB, and RB where Dalton returns all of those and is still favored to beat Dalton? Guess I talk to different WCAL people then.
LOL - there is a WCAL thread - you should go there and start at page 1. Its been Norwayne and Dalton from the beginning. And I'm not sure how much you follow Vegas odds, but the home teams are almost always favored. Hence, preseason, would likely have favored the Bobcats...

2011- 2-8
2012- 4-6
2013- 3-7
2014- 6-4
2015- 1-9
2018- 4-6

You missspelled State champ Kirtland, State finalist Cuyahoga Hts, and Fort Frye… LMAO

This many big games tonight and we’re here??

LOL - there is a WCAL thread - you should go there and start at page 1. Its been Norwayne and Dalton from the beginning. And I'm not sure how much you follow Vegas odds, but the home teams are almost always favored. Hence, preseason, would likely have favored the Bobcats...
I'm not arguing that Norwayne and Dalton weren't the preseason favorites. They are the only two teams who have competed for the title in the past 5-6 years. Hillsdale had their chances but usually struggles with both of those teams. Vegas gives usually no more than 3 to the home team. I can say that after week 1, most people thought Norwayne was going to be down, even though they had the most difficult non-league. They found a groove week 2 against CCC in the 4th qtr, and then lost to Clyde. Dalton imo, was the league favorite until the Garaway game.

LMAOOOOOOO Allow me to provide some context here.....

2011- 2-8
2012- 4-6
2013- 3-7
2014- 6-4
2015- 1-9
☝️ All of these are pre Broc Dial

☝️ Coach Dial's FIRST YEAR and this loss was to Kirtland
☝️ Possibly Dalton's best team ever
2018- 4-6
☝️ Coach Dial did not coach this year as he was going through some personal/family stuff
2020- 6-3 Lost 3rd round with expanded field
☝️ Coach Dial back and rebuilding

Basically what I'm saying is.....yeah teams can be bad with bad coaches, look at Alabama before Nick Saban
Context or not wins are wins and losses are losses. Have you made it out of a region? No.

You missspelled State champ Kirtland, State finalist Cuyahoga Hts, and Fort Frye… LMAO

This many big games tonight and we’re here??
Kirtland were not champs that year and neither was the team they lost to.
Heights did make the finals I will give you that. But they did lose by 25 in the final.
Fort Frye who lost in the 2nd round yes.

I'm not saying these are bad losses. All I'm saying is in my opinion Dalton hasn't "been there done that" while JFK and Lucas have and one of them will do it again. Winners win that's why we see a lot of the same teams make deep playoffs runs year after year.

Kirtland were not champs that year and neither was the team they lost to.
Heights did make the finals I will give you that. But they did lose by 25 in the final.
Fort Frye who lost in the 2nd round yes.

I'm not saying these are bad losses. All I'm saying is in my opinion Dalton hasn't "been there done that" while JFK and Lucas have and one of them will do it again. Winners win that's why we see a lot of the same teams make deep playoffs runs year after year.
Did any of those schools make unforgivably racist jokes towards Dalton? I rest my case, your honor. No more questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.