D1-R3 Seed 5 vs 4, Pickerington North @ Wayne

Anyone else hear the rumor of several Pick North players being caught with drugs before the game last week, but the principal still allowed them to play? Not that it makes a difference at this point, just wondering if anyone else heard about it. Seems like some Pick Central people were alluding to it before the game.

Anyone else hear the rumor of several Pick North players being caught with drugs before the game last week, but the principal still allowed them to play? Not that it makes a difference at this point, just wondering if anyone else heard about it. Seems like some Pick Central people were alluding to it before the game.

yes heard it and yes that is what they were alluding to. a wanna be write in school board candidate tweeted that out and got the central faithful in a tizzy. 100% false and common central ploy to muddy the waters for north.

Mhmmm...let me peel the onion back a few more layers and provide a little more perspective. There is A LOT of talent that comes up through the youth pipeline within Pickerington. This is evident with the # of College/NFL players that are developed here. Which is a major credit to the our overall youth programs. The 'travel' program in question has created a pipeline outside of the normal Pickerington Youth Athletic Association (rec football). The program cherry picks the 'best of the best' from PYAA. That, in itself, is not an issue. As previously stated, the fact that a Pickerington Central HS coach 100% run this 'feeder' program, and has a significant influence with parents the Jr High/High School the kids coming out of the program end up..is AT A MINIMUM a conflict of interest. IMO, very unethical, and something the OHSAA might interest itself in. One parent who no longer has a dog in fight, but has had visibility to the interworkings of what this coach is doing.

First, they don’t cherry pick from PYAA. Kids come and tryout if they want to play. Out of ~50 players on 3 teams, there have been ~6 players that were not from PYAA. All of those players played for their respective schools starting in 7th grade. There are no transfers from the travel program. Not from other schools or within the district. The North kids are at Nort and Central kids are at Central. Not sure what the conflict of interest is. Nobody is getting paid. Kids that move in from other areas have never played for the travel program. Parents/Kids want to play for Central because of the tradition of winning and it is much cheaper to find a place to live on the Central side. Name one kid that transferred into Central via the travel team. Just saying there are several when I can’t think of one doesn’t fly. Not sure what your beef is but I am sure the coach would be willing to discuss your accusations face to face.

I am done with you. Your full of . Spreading rumors about people but too big of a coward to confront the person face to face. You can’t name or make reference to one kid but you spew BS like there is some recruiting scheme going on. Your inferiority complex is very transparent.

I agree the Crush thing is BS. PYAA has been successful for years and produced great players on both sides of town. But I do think it's sad that North people look for anything they can to try to bring down Central, just beat them on the field.

That is your proof of a recruiting pipeline? That was 5 years ago. The kids who are Freshmen now were in the 5th grade. Of the 8 coaches pictured, 4 of them are from North and there kids play for North or have left the area. The one player that you referenced didn’t played PYAA in the 6th grade. I am sure the OHSAA is going to be all over this one.
As far as the “rumor” about the North players getting busted at school on Wednesday, that wasn’t started by Central. I heard it from 2 teachers that teach at North. The guy running for the school board posted it on line. I don’t know if it is true or not but to blame it on Central is delusional. Maybe we planted the drugs lol! Keep trying though.

wow.....you public school people really hate each other up in the C-bus area......

It really isn’t that bad. Film guru is butt hurt because his kids didn’t get much playing time so they quit. Then wanted to come back, we said no and he threatened to sue. For the most part, we get along pretty well. It’s mostly a few adults as the kids are friends off the field.

That is your proof of a recruiting pipeline? That was 5 years ago. The kids who are Freshmen now were in the 5th grade. Of the 8 coaches pictured, 4 of them are from North and there kids play for North or have left the area. The one player that you referenced didn’t played PYAA in the 6th grade. I am sure the OHSAA is going to be all over this one.
As far as the “rumor” about the North players getting busted at school on Wednesday, that wasn’t started by Central. I heard it from 2 teachers that teach at North. The guy running for the school board posted it on line. I don’t know if it is true or not but to blame it on Central is delusional. Maybe we planted the drugs lol! Keep trying though.

The only coach in that picture who has a son on North is the 4th from the right. Also, there are players in all 3 rows of that picture that lived on the North side but now go to Catholic. FACT.

It really isn’t that bad. Film guru is butt hurt because his kids didn’t get much playing time so they quit. Then wanted to come back, we said no and he threatened to sue. For the most part, we get along pretty well. It’s mostly a few adults as the kids are friends off the field.

Again. Absolutely totally false. My son started for 3 years and is long gone from the program. He turned down chances at a sports scholarship and accepted an academic scholarship instead. We enjoyed every moment. Like most others, he had several close friends that went to and played at Central. My beef is with the tactics that the Catholic constantly displays. After confirming these, I have struggled with whether to bring them to the surface or not.

Again, let's set the facts straight. I responded to false rumors with confirmed facts. I would not have even posted this material if Catholic folks didn't hijack this original thread with false rumors about A) Players caught with drugs/failed drug tests and B) A blatant fabricated lie stating our new young coach (who has Catholic worried) encouraged recruiting.

See, these are things started by Catholic meant to damage North's reputation. This is a pattern. I have laid out those instances from the past about your obsession with North and the fear that they are going to "surpass" PCHS. Again, here are just a few of those.............not to mention what was done this year (which is a new one):
A. Blocked North from getting turf which was "DONATED" and no burden to the tax payer because of the fear it would "Create an unfair advantage"
B. Prior to North - Central Game, went to the press for them to do a piece on a "troubled player" to create distraction. Factually speaking, the young man had "pleaded guilty" and had already completely served his punishment given to him by the State of Ohio. But Central thought it would be a great idea to have a retrial in the press just prior to the game.
C. North loses a great WR to graduation last year and this year another one moves in from Dayton. Mysteriously, he is forced to sit out because someone at Catholic felt concerned and called OHSAA.

Again, these are just some. But all of these were started by Catholic. Then on this thread, you did it again, the week of playoffs.

So, over the years, I have laid low (with the exception of last year pointing out Catholics ability to get Ellison after the he was expelled from the district) , and quietly gathered information and facts to what was really happening. So lets lay this material out here:

A. Although the picture is dated. BTW, I know that. I am not interested in getting a child in trouble. However, there are 3 kids in this picture that have transferred while in Jr. High at Lakeview and are currently in the Central system.

B. The "leader" of this "volunteer organization" is also on the coaching staff at PCHS. At a MINIMUM, this is a huge conflict of interest.

C. This same coach has made contact via text with several North, Gahanna, Groveport and Reynoldsburg players encouraging them to come to PCHS...............copies have been made and stored.

It's time for you guys to shut your pies, quit recruiting and play fairly. You have been obsessed with North surpassing Central and have pulled every dirty trick in the book, including the stuff that lead to this factual response. Enough is enough. Play football, compete fairly, and leave our kids alone.

I agree the Crush thing is BS. PYAA has been successful for years and produced great players on both sides of town. But I do think it's sad that North people look for anything they can to try to bring down Central, just beat them on the field.

We can agree on something. The creation and use of the SOUTHEAST CRUSH travel program is a scam.

As for your comment about North people trying to bring down Central. That is completely laughable. Let me kindly remind you re-read this thread from the beginning. It started with 2 completely fabricated rumors by Central people attacking North. What you have received since is a plate full of Crow served with factual content and an inside look at how Catholic operates.

One coach has a kid in 8th grade, lives on North side not sure where he played this year but it wasn’t Ridgeview. Next coach kid played for Crush in 5th grade and PYAA in 6th grade. Went to Lakeview and transferred to Central this year. Don’t know the details but it wasn’t related to 5th grade Crush. Next coach, kid lived on North side, is a sophomore now not sure if he plays but not at Central. Next coach, lives in North coaches for Central so kids go to Central. When this picture was taken, he didn’t coach for Central. Next coach, lives in North and I think his kids play for North. Next coach, lives in North but kids live in Paraskala, now they play sports there. Next coach, lives in Central kid plays at Ridgeview. Next coach, lives in Central kid plays at Ridgeview and Central.
Remember, this all started with an accusation of the travel program being a recruiting pipeline to Central. If parents decide to go to catholic schools or completely leave the area, that is not recruiting to Central.
Regarding conflict of interest, I don’t think anyone even coached at Central when this picture was taken. So that means a bunch of North parents got together to build a recruiting pipeline for a different school.
Just not true and I don’t understand the animosity.

Funny that PN people call PC “Pickerington Catholic.” The Pickerington Community School is located in what building, again?

Maybe we should call Pickerington North “Xanax North,” while we’re at it.

Arguably the most petulant community in the Columbus area, especially as it relates to the interscholastic activities crowd... with PN having a bad reputation across Columbus as it relates to student body (see social media scandals, literal racism that makes the news, and one of the biggest drug problems across teenagers in Ohio.)

One coach has a kid in 8th grade, lives on North side not sure where he played this year but it wasn’t Ridgeview. Next coach kid played for Crush in 5th grade and PYAA in 6th grade. Went to Lakeview and transferred to Central this year. Don’t know the details but it wasn’t related to 5th grade Crush. Next coach, kid lived on North side, is a sophomore now not sure if he plays but not at Central. Next coach, lives in North coaches for Central so kids go to Central. When this picture was taken, he didn’t coach for Central. Next coach, lives in North and I think his kids play for North. Next coach, lives in North but kids live in Paraskala, now they play sports there. Next coach, lives in Central kid plays at Ridgeview. Next coach, lives in Central kid plays at Ridgeview and Central.
Remember, this all started with an accusation of the travel program being a recruiting pipeline to Central. If parents decide to go to catholic schools or completely leave the area, that is not recruiting to Central.
Regarding conflict of interest, I don’t think anyone even coached at Central when this picture was taken. So that means a bunch of North parents got together to build a recruiting pipeline for a different school.
Just not true and I don’t understand the animosity.

PCHS= Pickerington Catholic High School

Southeast Crush = recruiting pipeline for PCHS

Current Central HS Coach = Current Head of SOUTHEAST Crush

3 Kids in picture have transferred from North system to Central System AFTER playing for SE CRUSH

Same coach in question has texted several former members and/or relationships to get kids to come to PCHS

Again. Absolutely totally false. My son started for 3 years and is long gone from the program. He turned down chances at a sports scholarship and accepted an academic scholarship instead. We enjoyed every moment. Like most others, he had several close friends that went to and played at Central. My beef is with the tactics that the Catholic constantly displays. After confirming these, I have struggled with whether to bring them to the surface or not.

Again, let's set the facts straight. I responded to false rumors with confirmed facts. I would not have even posted this material if Catholic folks didn't hijack this original thread with false rumors about A) Players caught with drugs/failed drug tests and B) A blatant fabricated lie stating our new young coach (who has Catholic worried) encouraged recruiting.

See, these are things started by Catholic meant to damage North's reputation. This is a pattern. I have laid out those instances from the past about your obsession with North and the fear that they are going to "surpass" PCHS. Again, here are just a few of those.............not to mention what was done this year (which is a new one):
A. Blocked North from getting turf which was "DONATED" and no burden to the tax payer because of the fear it would "Create an unfair advantage"
B. Prior to North - Central Game, went to the press for them to do a piece on a "troubled player" to create distraction. Factually speaking, the young man had "pleaded guilty" and had already completely served his punishment given to him by the State of Ohio. But Central thought it would be a great idea to have a retrial in the press just prior to the game.
C. North loses a great WR to graduation last year and this year another one moves in from Dayton. Mysteriously, he is forced to sit out because someone at Catholic felt concerned and called OHSAA.

Again, these are just some. But all of these were started by Catholic. Then on this thread, you did it again, the week of playoffs.

So, over the years, I have laid low (with the exception of last year pointing out Catholics ability to get Ellison after the he was expelled from the district) , and quietly gathered information and facts to what was really happening. So lets lay this material out here:

A. Although the picture is dated. BTW, I know that. I am not interested in getting a child in trouble. However, there are 3 kids in this picture that have transferred while in Jr. High at Lakeview and are currently in the Central system.

B. The "leader" of this "volunteer organization" is also on the coaching staff at PCHS. At a MINIMUM, this is a huge conflict of interest.

C. This same coach has made contact via text with several North, Gahanna, Groveport and Reynoldsburg players encouraging them to come to PCHS...............copies have been made and stored.

It's time for you guys to shut your pies, quit recruiting and play fairly. You have been obsessed with North surpassing Central and have pulled every dirty trick in the book, including the stuff that lead to this factual response. Enough is enough. Play football, compete fairly, and leave our kids alone.

I guess if you keep typing it, eventually you will believe it’s true. You keep bringing up the same things over and over. Proof is a 5 year old youth football team picture where there are more North coaches than Central. As far as being worried about North being better than Central, I don’t feel that way. I support North whenever they aren’t playing Central in all sports as do a lot of other people.

PCHS= Pickerington Catholic High School

Southeast Crush = recruiting pipeline for PCHS

Current Central HS Coach = Current Head of SOUTHEAST Crush

3 Kids in picture have transferred from North system to Central System AFTER playing for SE CRUSH

Same coach in question has texted several former members and/or relationships to get kids to come to PCHS

You really do need to get some professional help.

Scott was NOT recruited to North and Scott still wanted to come to Wayne after moving to Pickerington North but the Wayne coach told him that it was too far to commute back and forth. I would love for him to move back but since that likely won't happen I am rooting for him at North and hope North continues to move on in the playoffs.....

Scott was NOT recruited to North and Scott still wanted to come to Wayne after moving to Pickerington North but the Wayne coach told him that it was too far to commute back and forth. I would love for him to move back but since that likely won't happen I am rooting for him at North and hope North continues to move on in the playoffs.....

Thanks Vamp, Chris is a great kid and his parents are first class. We are excited to have him on both the gridiron and the hardwood.

Side note, much respect to Wayne and its players and coaches. They were respectful and well wishing in the hand shake line and several of our players and coaches took notice. Great stadium also.

Facts

This thread is ridicolus with all the lies and accusations. FACT: 1) Crush was a travel football team and not a pipeline to PCHS. 2) it originally created by CANAl WINCHESTER parents who wanted competitive football instead rec programs 3) canal parents that coached allowed kids from Pickerington & other communities to join their program following year after Canal parents created Crush 4) Pickerington parents from both north and central coached team picture posted, because their kids were on team & all had previously coached in PYAA AND all wanted their kids to play travel because PYAA didn't offer it then 5) Central nor North need pipelines because community loaded with talent 5) QB played at Lakeview 7th and 8th grade year, and his dad was COACH at Lakeview, his transfer has nothing to do with him playing on 5th grade Crush team 6) two other kids in picture transferred to Ridgeview and Styles is their dad so no conspiracy there 8) PARENTS who move or choose to transfer kids do so based personal family decision on what is best for their kid. North varsity QB lived on central side and open enrolled to North side in junior high..not conspiracy, not north recruiting but family decision..... it happens on both sides North and Central every year

Instead of making accusation on yappi just take your text messages, pictures and threats to ohio high school. Good luck to North and Central this week