D1-R3 Seed 5 vs 4, Pickerington North @ Wayne

Hawk1959

Ok All, Playoff round 1 is Official. Pickerington North will travel to Huber Heights to Play Wayne next Friday.

I have gone out and tried to collect what I can on Pickerington North but I can not find a good website with roll up stats like the GWOC does (For PN Fans, go to GWOCSPORTS. com for stats for all games and season totals). Any direction will be great. DigitalScout has been the best so far.

I am seeing a Pass Heavy team counting on QB Jimmy Weirick's arms and legs and Ty Wiley as his main target. Rushing, the QB and Larry Martin seem to be the main weapon.

Can the Pickerington North Fans help fill in some of the details on the team and strong players. Anything to help would be appreciated.

THe Game WILL be on the Radio and Streaming on WSWO-LP, FM 97.3 in the Dayton area and streaming live on DaytonOldies.org .

We follow all Wayne games and try to be as Netural as possible but we do slip.

MONDAY NIGHT, 7 pm will be our Coaches Show at Frickers in Huber and it will be on FM 97.3 and the website listed above.

Questions for Coach Minton can be sent to SPORTS@DaytonOldies.org

We also have Apps for Android and IOS devices for you to connect with.

Thanks All,

Hawk

You are spot on! It’s the Jimmy W show. His ability to evade the rush is unparalleled to anyone I have seen in a long, long time. Warrior DB’s will have to cover 5-7 seconds. Jimmy is inaccurate and prone to TO’s at times, but he’s been taking care of the ball better as the season has gone along. Panther O-line is like Swiss cheese at times, so the run game is typically nonexistent. North’s defense is typically very good. The major weakness is the kicking game. Multiple missed xp’s and short fg’s have directly lead to both of North’s losses.

Thanks Sir.... Will be interesting to see what Coach Minton has to say tomorrow night. I am sure today has been full of watching tapes as Wayne preps.

Let us know if any of the Fans need information on places to eat, Tailgating (Wayne has a great Group that can share) and anything else in the Huber area. Wayne home stands SHOULD be full (depending on weather of course)

I will ask Coach Minton about when Tickets go on sale in the Huber area and how he will handle season ticket holders this time around.

Listen in on Monday for information.

Hawk

Last edited:
If you have Spectrum sports go to channel 411, hit highschool sports, then football, then search through the weeks. They have a few Pick North games on there including Pick North against Pick Central.

Hawk, please post the details of how to get tickets after the coach’s show. I have a conflict tonight and can’t listen to the show.

PN was also the projected winner over PC. Take away the lopsided calls and homer time keeper and PC easily wins by 10.

Not sure what game you watched. The clock operator was bad, very bad, but bad both ways. There were numerous times the clock was running when it shouldn't and vise versa. If you remember North dropped the game winner in the end zone. Sure hope they get to meet in the regional final.

Not sure what game you watched. The clock operator was bad, very bad, but bad both ways. There were numerous times the clock was running when it shouldn't and vise versa. If you remember North dropped the game winner in the end zone. Sure hope they get to meet in the regional final.

Without the homer time keeper that play never happens. A second round game at Gahanna will reap the same results as last year. This is our town. The two plays where JW was met at the sideline by a PC linebacker that each resulted in 15 yd. penalties won't happen with play-off caliber refs. Have fun at Wayne we'll leave the lights on here in Picktown.

no dog in fight just was brought upto speed by friend who I went to game with on the number of north kids starting or contributing on central. what in the world is going on with that district. not good for the sport and doesnthappen in our district.

no dog in fight just was brought upto speed by friend who I went to game with on the number of north kids starting or contributing on central. what in the world is going on with that district. not good for the sport and doesnthappen in our district.

Probably a North supporter... There are currently more North starters that moved from Central than the other way around.

Wayne Fans.... ticket information

Season ticket holders can pick up their tickets on Tuesday. Tickets at the school will go on sale Wednesday and Thursday at the school. Wayne Sporting Goods will also be selling general admission tickets starting Tuesday. If you are a season ticket holder and do not get your tickets on Tuesday and wait, you may not get your seat.

Wayne gets a portion of the pre-sale tickets so but them in advance.

The OHSAA will NOT allow Wayne to fire off the cannon nor can they set up the tunnel to run through. Personally, Wayne won the right to host and should not have to change the routine....

Does Pick-North travel well?

Wayne's stadium holds 7,500 w/ 5,500 being on the home side. 80% of those seats are season ticket holders. The away bleachers go 10 high but go from the 5 to 5....

I saw the North/Central game. North definitely could of won that game and I thought they did with the last second touchdown but I guess the receiver loss control of it.

From what I hear, PC stands for PICKERINGTON CATHOLIC, as in they recruit...

This recruiting myth is nonsense. Most of these players came up through Ridgeview Junior High. There are usually a few kids that switch from one school to the other but nothing significant.
However, it's going to get ugly for North here in a few years. The 7th - 9th grade classes at North are really bad to the point they can barely field a full team. On the other hand, those classes at Central are stacked. The score of the 7th - 9th Grade games were 140-14 and could have been much worse. The 7th grade could have scored 100. The refs called 4 straight TD plays back for "holding" and Ridgeview has 55 kids on the 7th grade so they all play. The 14 points were scored against the backups to the backups. Now kids are wanting to transfer but they will never see the field.
So if saying we recruit players makes you feel better, fine but look at the roster and go back and look at the historical Ridgeview roster and you will see it's a myth unless we are recruiting them in the 6th grade.

Thanks Vamp for posting Ticket sales. Coach Minton seemed in a good mood on the coaches show tonight. Thanks to all that listened. Brad does a much better job of it then I do.

This recruiting myth is nonsense. Most of these players came up through Ridgeview Junior High. There are usually a few kids that switch from one school to the other but nothing significant.
However, it's going to get ugly for North here in a few years. The 7th - 9th grade classes at North are really bad to the point they can barely field a full team. On the other hand, those classes at Central are stacked. The score of the 7th - 9th Grade games were 140-14 and could have been much worse. The 7th grade could have scored 100. The refs called 4 straight TD plays back for "holding" and Ridgeview has 55 kids on the 7th grade so they all play. The 14 points were scored against the backups to the backups. Now kids are wanting to transfer but they will never see the field.
So if saying we recruit players makes you feel better, fine but look at the roster and go back and look at the historical Ridgeview roster and you will see it's a myth unless we are recruiting them in the 6th grade.

Was told the starting rb and backup rb, a receiver, te, ol, 2 dl are all north kids. I'm sure a google search can find them on previous years rosters.

yes tigers have recruited better as of late.tide is turning

Who has the tigers recruited ??

It's well know how the new coach works .. " if we need a position player, we are going to go out and get them " that statement was made when he was meeting with the pn coaches... then there was the comment he made to a small local builder " you better start building more houses so we can get the Ridgeveiw kids up here"

ask the head coach at Reynoldsburg about the call (made with in the last month) from pn coach to the reynoldsburg qb.

Then you have the PYAA football coach, with a list of kids that will be going to Ridgeview, they need to work on to get them up to Lakeview.

PN lost it's best recruiter when his son transferred to another school.

Last edited:
Was told the starting rb and backup rb, a receiver, te, ol, 2 dl are all north kids. I'm sure a google search can find them on previous years rosters.

I know of 2 .. ask their parents why they came over to central .. you won't like their answer.

pctigers, the information saltlife provided is 100% accurate - all within a 2-3 year period. stop the the infighting - it's embarrassing makes our community look very petty. this is a thread for what is sure to be a great playoff game between two very talented teams.

From what I hear, PC stands for PICKERINGTON CATHOLIC, as in they recruit...
Not since former Wehrle basketball coach Chuck Kemper retired. Lot of old Wehrle teachers ended up there. When we were looking to send our first kid there, she gave up after the first shuttle run and settled for Hartley instead.

It's not that hard for people coming up 33 from southeast Ohio to figure out that Pick Central is a big school where you might get noticed. And enough of the locals are rustics themselves as well.

And it's not rocket science for Columbus eastside migrants to figure out that Pick Central is more welcoming to their demographic than the snobs up at the Taj Mahal who wet their panties thinking about driving down Tussing Rd. Sometimes, it takes them a year, as pctigers politically incorrectly observes. North can preach all the community peace, love, dope they want, but anybody driving thru the area can see the "Pickerington North schools" on the signs at all the new subdivisions up there.

pctigers, the information saltlife provided is 100% accurate - all within a 2-3 year period. stop the the infighting - it's embarrassing makes our community look very petty. this is a thread for what is sure to be a great playoff game between two very talented teams.

MY IS 100% ACCURATE ALSO... people in glass houses should throw stones ...

The kids that came to Central did it by going through the proper channels. Can't say so much about the move ins at the other school.

Wayne Fans.... ticket information

Season ticket holders can pick up their tickets on Tuesday. Tickets at the school will go on sale Wednesday and Thursday at the school. Wayne Sporting Goods will also be selling general admission tickets starting Tuesday. If you are a season ticket holder and do not get your tickets on Tuesday and wait, you may not get your seat.

Wayne gets a portion of the pre-sale tickets so but them in advance.

The OHSAA will NOT allow Wayne to fire off the cannon nor can they set up the tunnel to run through. Personally, Wayne won the right to host and should not have to change the routine....

Thanks for the ticket info. I ran out at lunch today to get mine. Well, no cannon means one thing...

1...2...3....BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will have to remember to turn up the crowd Mic... lol

After last week where we had a Trotwood fan with a very foul mouth in front of us and we had to kill the mic... Will nice to be back on the Wayne Home side!!

Rain early in the day, sounds dry for game time.

Wayne's Field drains well but we all know how the fields can get slick.....

Hope all come out injury free!

Hawk