D1-R3 Seed 5 vs 4, Pickerington North @ Wayne

I think it's hilarious how an avid Pickerington Central football supporter has to troll a Pickerington North playoff chat in an attempt to discredit a high school football program?? Come on Pickeringtonsports, get a life! You have to be better than that. Obviously a person that never played a sport in his life, and has to live through 16-18 yr old kids. Joke...grow up.

Pickeringtonsports, how did that 'potentially big news' about something so bad about Pick North football turn out for ya?? lol - smh....didn't think so...

Wayne was overmatched tonight. PN has a lot of speed. Very reminiscent of past Wayne teams. Congrats PN on a great win. Your QB looked pretty dinged up in the second half. If he’s not able to run the ball next week, it may be tough beating Centerville. One downside... not sure if the QB called an audible or the OC called a pass but trying to throw a TD pass with 2:00 left and up by 21 was crass.

Congrats Warriors on a good season. I am hopeful that Coach Minton will strongly consider replacing Coach Blevins and Coach Wood.

Who has the tigers recruited ??

It's well know how the new coach works .. " if we need a position player, we are going to go out and get them " that statement was made when he was meeting with the pn coaches... then there was the comment he made to a small local builder " you better start building more houses so we can get the Ridgeveiw kids up here"

ask the head coach at Reynoldsburg about the call (made with in the last month) from pn coach to the reynoldsburg qb.

Then you have the PYAA football coach, with a list of kids that will be going to Ridgeview, they need to work on to get them up to Lakeview.

PN lost it's best recruiter when his son transferred to another school.

Interesting you have inside information to a PN Coaches meeting that was private. Interesting what will be said about the information regarding your Coach Styles, the farce of a "Travel Program" he runs to recruit from, and most IMPORTANTLY..................a list of recorded text messages he has sent to High School students trying to get them to come to PHSC and leave other programs. Want to keep escalating your accusations? The only item left to do is to connect the dots identifying your insiders at OHSAA.

Just got home. I was shocked by how small the home crowd was for Wayne. Nice facility though. Game was about what I figured. Going by comparative scores from their 3 common opponents, I figured North by around 23, so 21 point spread is right there. Game actually wasn't even nearly as close as the score indicated. I'm sure the Panthers will be chomping at the bit for the rematch w/the Elks. Would guess that game will probably be at London?

Interesting you have inside information to a PN Coaches meeting that was private. Interesting what will be said about the information regarding your Coach Styles, the farce of a "Travel Program" he runs to recruit from, and most IMPORTANTLY..................a list of recorded text messages he has sent to High School students trying to get them to come to PHSC and leave other programs. Want to keep escalating your accusations? The only item left to do is to connect the dots identifying your insiders at OHSAA.

The Travel football program you are referring to was open to any kid who wanted to tryout. We had 4-5 players on the 3 teams that weren’t from Pickerington and they all went to their respective junior high schools. None of them came to play for Ridgeview or Central. Most of the kids happen to live on the Central side but there were some North kids too. So as it relates to this accusation, it’s just not true. I can’t think of one player that came up through the travel team that switched schools.
As for the other stuff you mentioned, I have no knowledge either way.

Frustrating season for Wayne. It felt like at times you could see them competing with anyone in the state, and at others they were completely ordinary. Was not able to make it to this game, but looks like it was probably more of the same with Blevins and company getting out-planned and out-coached in a big game. Wonder if this is the game that makes Minton finally take a look at replacing him? On another note, I think Wayne could have covered up some deficiencies by playing some of their best athletes both ways this year. Not sure why they are so stubborn when it comes to that. With that said, they have a lot of talent in their freshman through junior classes, hopefully they can rebound next year.

A shout out to Wayne players and coaches. My son said that you guys were nothing but class and respectful and sent many well wishes in the hand shake line. Your stadium is fantastic and I have nothing but respect for your program.if we played each other 10 times, I think the outcome would be 5-5. Good luck next season.

Wayne was overmatched tonight. PN has a lot of speed. Very reminiscent of past Wayne teams. Congrats PN on a great win. Your QB looked pretty dinged up in the second half. If he’s not able to run the ball next week, it may be tough beating Centerville. One downside... not sure if the QB called an audible or the OC called a pass but trying to throw a TD pass with 2:00 left and up by 21 was crass.

Congrats Warriors on a good season. I am hopeful that Coach Minton will strongly consider replacing Coach Blevins and Coach Wood.

what has happened to McKee? Trotwood and then this tonight - pass 5/28 (18%) for 51 yards with 3 INTs. I thought he was better than this...

what has happened to McKee? Trotwood and then this tonight - pass 5/28 (18%) for 51 yards with 3 INTs. I thought he was better than this...

I’m not sure. The entire team has struggled with consistency all season. The loss of the starting RB in week 1 put a lot of burden on the QB all season.

As far as last night, first and foremost I have to give credit where credit is due. PN wanted it more, had more athleticism on defense, and they made spectacular plays. Two of the interceptions were excellent catches regardless of the position...defense versus offense.

Given all that, it seemed like Blevins ran the exact same offense last night that he ran all year. Nothing imaginative and he put the QB in bad positions. For instance, last week he runs a screen and a WR option pass...in a monsoon. Does he try it this week with no rain? No! No passes to the flat, no WR screens, nothing. Alex Earley would do a better job running this offense.

The Travel football program you are referring to was open to any kid who wanted to tryout. We had 4-5 players on the 3 teams that weren’t from Pickerington and they all went to their respective junior high schools. None of them came to play for Ridgeview or Central. Most of the kids happen to live on the Central side but there were some North kids too. So as it relates to this accusation, it’s just not true. I can’t think of one player that came up through the travel team that switched schools.
As for the other stuff you mentioned, I have no knowledge either way.

Funny, looks like you changed your tune a bit. Probably because you KNOW its a sham! The program is technically open to any kid who wanted to tryout, but its also ran by a HS Coach, who uses it to recruit the landscape of central ohio jr highs. At the very best, it is a conflict of interest. At the very worse.......maybe we will find out soon. Anyway you slice it, most public high schools feeder systems comes from their Jr. High football program. Pick Catholic has created their own select recruiting pool.

Just got home. I was shocked by how small the home crowd was for Wayne. Nice facility though. Game was about what I figured. Going by comparative scores from their 3 common opponents, I figured North by around 23, so 21 point spread is right there. Game actually wasn't even nearly as close as the score indicated. I'm sure the Panthers will be chomping at the bit for the rematch w/the Elks. Would guess that game will probably be at London?

That was the smallest home crowd we had had all year. Every other home game has been packed. Not sure if the word got out that this game was Friday and not Saturday..... all the RED seats on the Wayne side are season ticket holders (about 80% of the seating) so I have no idea why some did not show....

This game was 27-20 in the 3rd and Wayne had 3 chances at trying to tie the game but fumbled it away and then threw a pick 6 not to mention the dropped pass at the 8.

I felt North was the top team in the region coming in and they really should of beaten Central a few weeks back. Wayne has not matched up well against teams with a duel threat QB and once again Wayne was exposed by the running of the QB. I believe that the downfall of North will be his chugging the ball up in the air with the hope that his receivers will out jump the defenders. Lot of careless passes and if Wayne's DB's did not misplay 2 of those eventual TD passes this could of gone a different way.

Hopefully he will be 100% come Friday as he looked pretty banged up.... Best of luck to North the rest of the way as I will be rooting for them from now on.....

Winton Woods was up by like 40+ and threw a long TD pass with 7 seconds left.... the Chillicothe coach had some harsh words for the WW coach during the hand shakes....

Footballfilmguru, let's be clear for the not so educated HS football followers that the youth football program you are referring to above is 100% run by a Pickerington Central HS football coach. Pickerington North has nothing to do with that youth program. And also to confirm, there may be a handful of youth that come in from other schools/districts, but 95% of the players coming out of that program end up coming up through the Ridgeview Jr High / Pickerington Central program. Want to make sure it is clear that the 'Pick Catholic' you are referring to is Pickerington Central - and not North.

Let’s also be very clear that those same kids that played for the Travel team have lived in the Central side of Pickerington for several years. There were North players on the team as well and they still go to North. The non- Pickerington players (4-5 players) all attend their respective junior high/high school. I can’t think of one player that transferred in to Ridgeview/Central from the travel team. If anyone knows of any players, feel free to call it out.

Also to be clear, the travel program has a board, treasurer and several assistant coaches. It wasn’t a one man band. Lastly, none of the coaches received any financial compensation. It was 100% volunteer and was open to any player that wanted to tryout.

Let’s also be very clear that those same kids that played for the Travel team have lived in the Central side of Pickerington for several years. There were North players on the team as well and they still go to North. The non- Pickerington players (4-5 players) all attend their respective junior high/high school. I can’t think of one player that transferred in to Ridgeview/Central from the travel team. If anyone knows of any players, feel free to call it out.

There are plenty of documented "flips" of would be north kids who went on to Ridgeview. this my friend is fact. Not to stir the pot. good for them if they can keep getting away with it. will see if ohsaa steps in. We are in an age of transferring however it seems to be extreme on the east side. Every year groveport, independence, and reynoldsburg kids end up on pickerington rosters let alone the transfers internally in Pickerington. In fact Bradleys qb was at Ridgeview years ago.

Mhmmm...let me peel the onion back a few more layers and provide a little more perspective. There is A LOT of talent that comes up through the youth pipeline within Pickerington. This is evident with the # of College/NFL players that are developed here. Which is a major credit to the our overall youth programs. The 'travel' program in question has created a pipeline outside of the normal Pickerington Youth Athletic Association (rec football). The program cherry picks the 'best of the best' from PYAA. That, in itself, is not an issue. As previously stated, the fact that a Pickerington Central HS coach 100% run this 'feeder' program, and has a significant influence with parents the Jr High/High School the kids coming out of the program end up..is AT A MINIMUM a conflict of interest. IMO, very unethical, and something the OHSAA might interest itself in. One parent who no longer has a dog in fight, but has had visibility to the interworkings of what this coach is doing.