D IV State Semi-Final: Jefferson Area (11-3) vs Glenville (13-0) @ Perry Perry. “Hoosiers”. In real life.

Who wins?

• Glenville by 17+

Votes: 89 74.2%
  • Glenville by 8-16

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Glenville by 1-7

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Jefferson Area by 1-7

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Jefferson Area by 8-16

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Jefferson Area by 17+

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters
It's a 50/50 move either way. On one hand, the PAT would give you a chance to send the game into OT, and on the other hand, taking the lead would give you the win if you got one more stop.

I still can’t get past the VW Coach going for 2 as opposed to tying taking it to overtime.
Extra points aren't automatic so much for high school. Also the field conditions were terrible. Lots can go wrong. Look what Glenville did, when they scored to go up 40-33. They could have kicked an extra point to go up by 8, instead they went for 2, and go up by 9.

I still can’t get past the VW Coach going for 2 as opposed to tying taking it to overtime.
Weren’t stopping Glenville all night unless they forced a turnover which still wasn’t a guarantee. I would’ve went for 2 also. It was wide open too with a great play call but Pratt threw it a little wide but still hit fingertips of #11.

VW had the best chance to knock glenville off so far with weather and turnovers. Plus the discipline VW had helped them have a good shot as well. I don't see Jefferson keeping this close. Especially if they are more of a one man band. They won't be able to lineup and just run their QB all night because the Glenville defense is suffocatingly fast. Especially on a dryer night without snow. Along with the fact that no one outside of maybe Olentangy Liberty and Avon have slowed their offense unless they turn it over. Jones is a load to tackle and if you stop him then they throw to Witten who is probably harder to bring down. Glenville has too much firepower on offense. They would have to beat themselves to lose this game.

Glenville 54 Jefferson 13

It's a 50/50 move either way. On one hand, the PAT would give you a chance to send the game into OT, and on the other hand, taking the lead would give you the win if you got one more stop.
VW had the best chance to knock glenville off so far with weather and turnovers. Plus the discipline VW had helped them have a good shot as well. I don't see Jefferson keeping this close. Especially if they are more of a one man band. They won't be able to lineup and just run their QB all night because the Glenville defense is suffocatingly fast. Especially on a dryer night without snow. Along with the fact that no one outside of maybe Olentangy Liberty and Avon have slowed their offense unless they turn it over. Jones is a load to tackle and if you stop him then they throw to Witten who is probably harder to bring down. Glenville has too much firepower on offense. They would have to beat themselves to lose this game.

Glenville 54 Jefferson 13
Weather kept your game close there team speed will put a running clock on the rest of the teams

36-0 Glenville at the half.......Wow.
I don't think West Branch would have fared much better. Region 13 was not good. They blew through most of 14 and that region was loaded. VW gunna be the toughest test they have this postseason. I think that's only because the weather and turnovers

Seriously why does Glenville still have starters out there. West the DB, going to Ohio St, is still out there. Offense same thing

Does anybody think weather had anything to do with the Van Wert game now ? Would love to hear from someone who was in Perry tonight. That is not D4 size and speed.

Question about Hitchcock.

I imagine he’s a slot receiver if he plays in college. What level can he play? Just a D3 guy? D2? FCS? FCS non-scholarship(Drake, Davidson, Dayton, Robert Morris etc)? MAC? Service academy?

Does anybody think weather had anything to do with the Van Wert game now ? Would love to hear from someone who was in Perry tonight. That is not D4 size and speed.
Weather did help but it also affected VW too. They had a big athletic QB with some athletic WRs that Jefferson does not have. VW forced some of those turnovers but Glenville still gave up some plays to VW. Not all the turnovers were just Glenville dropping balls while running. VW's defense had some stripped fumbles too.

I imagine he’s a slot receiver if he plays in college. What level can he play? Just a D3 guy? D2? FCS? FCS non-scholarship(Drake, Davidson, Dayton, Robert Morris etc)? MAC? Service academy?
Looked like a D2/FCS possible athlete when I watched his highlights on HUDL.

Weather did help but it also affected VW too. They had a big athletic QB with some athletic WRs that Jefferson does not have. VW forced some of those turnovers but Glenville still gave up some plays to VW. Not all the turnovers were just Glenville dropping balls while running. VW's defense had some stripped fumbles too.

Hahaha the weather had everything to do with that close game last week…

He looks like a very solid Divison-II player, he would be borderline-fringe for a Division I-AA player, he could probably play for an Ivy League school or an academic type I-AA school if he has really good grades and test scores.