D I - R 2 Semi-Final: # Colerain (11-1) vs #5 Elder (9-3)

Who wins and what will the margin of victory be?

• Elder Wins by 15-21 Points

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm overly simplifying things and don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but it looked like on TV that Elder's O line had a decent size advantage over Colerain's defense. So why not try to play smash mouth football and attempt to overpower Colerain with a power run game? I know that's not Elder's typical offensive game plan but in recent years Moeller has deviated from their standard offense to optimize their size advantage over Colerain by pounding it down their throats with pretty decent success. If I were Elder I'd at least give it a shot, especially with last night's weather. Gotta be able to adjust your gameplan depending on the circumstances and Elder made no attempt to do so it seemed.

So after all of the crying from the Elder fans about the game location I am wondering if it was as bad as you guys believed it would be. Aside from "Otis" who wanted to drink his Hudy Delight I'm guessing there weren't too many REAL complaints.

The Elder side was overflowing and had people standing from the 20s on down. There was also a section nearly full on the Colerain side that was all purple. If Colerain had more people on their side it may have become an issue, as it was it turned out just fine.

Congrats to Colerain. Elder was just no match for the speed and athleticism of the Cardinals. I was disappointed in the Elder game plan after being very aggressive and attacking last week against Darby they were very reactive against Colerain trying to protect against the speed. Elder had their chances to put some pressure on the Cards with the safety through the endzone, but the couldn't get the score before half and instead gave up the long run and a Cardinal score to flip momentum again. At the end of the day, Elder was overmatched in this one. Colerain dominated both LOS, that along with the wind disrupted the Elder passing game. Portis was having some success, but I think he needed about 8-10 more carriers to try to control TOP and keep Colerain's offense off the field. Sad to see guys like Ramsey, Kramer, Schroer all go, but it's been fun to watch these guys the past few years. Elder is going to have a tough go of things next year trying to replace those guys as well as a boatload of starters, but they look to have two very good classes coming through after that.

Good luck to the Cardinals next week against Wayne, I like Colerain in that one by 14.

The crazy thing is. Most of the defense are jrs except 2 kids. So it's still up in the air where they will go. Ya scary thought for the gmc next yr. offensively the
o-line is gone and the qb. The rest are back as well.

Yeah, no doubt! The amount of talent is absolutely frightening. The only kids committed I believe are OL Desmond Noel (Ohio U) and OL Nathan Niehaus (West Virginia). Deshaunte holds quite a few offers with UC, Louisville & Wisconsin being in the lead. On defense, Riep, Kyle Bolden, Watkins, Davis & K. Jones already hold D1 offers and they're all just Juniors.

Yeah, no doubt! The amount of talent is absolutely frightening. The only kids committed I believe are OL Desmond Noel (Ohio U) and OL Nathan Niehaus (West Virginia). Deshaunte holds quite a few offers with UC, Louisville & Wisconsin being in the lead. On defense, Riep, Kyle Bolden, Watkins, Davis & K. Jones already hold D1 offers and they're all just Juniors.

And just think, if we only had open enrollment.:angel:

Congrats to Colerain. Elder was just no match for the speed and athleticism of the Cardinals. I was disappointed in the Elder game plan after being very aggressive and attacking last week against Darby they were very reactive against Colerain trying to protect against the speed. Elder had their chances to put some pressure on the Cards with the safety through the endzone, but the couldn't get the score before half and instead gave up the long run and a Cardinal score to flip momentum again. At the end of the day, Elder was overmatched in this one. Colerain dominated both LOS, that along with the wind disrupted the Elder passing game. Portis was having some success, but I think he needed about 8-10 more carriers to try to control TOP and keep Colerain's offense off the field. Sad to see guys like Ramsey, Kramer, Schroer all go, but it's been fun to watch these guys the past few years. Elder is going to have a tough go of things next year trying to replace those guys as well as a boatload of starters, but they look to have two very good classes coming through after that.

Good luck to the Cardinals next week against Wayne, I like Colerain in that one by 14.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Classy. Best of luck to your Panthers next year and beyond. Even thought 2016 sounds like it may be a bit down, the Elder Nation won't be.

-CardinalsFan

:clap::clap: Looking forward to watching Peyton and Kramer on Saturdays.
Elder finished the season strong and had a good year.

The atmosphere was cool, the wind was bringing remnants of the Moe/Col game a few years back. Congrats to Elder on their good season and especially the players, for giving it their all!!. The Train is headed back to Mason this week to hopefully find themselves handling "STATE" business the following weekend.
Enjoying this Storybook Season! Colerain's converting non believers to believers, and making new friends along the way.:clap::clap::clap:

The wind reminded me of the Elder-Colerain game in 1995. Although the difference this year between the two teams was much greater.

As always, Colerain's overall team speed was very impressive. As Elder found out, if you miss tackles, you are going to pay dearly for it.

The Wayne-Colerain matchup is going to be very interesting! On paper, both teams seems to match up well with one another.

For what it's worth, this appears to be the most replied to thread about a single football game in the history of Yappi.

(Edit: Sorry, I missed a thread. It's the second most replied to thread about a single football game in the history of Yappi.)

The wind reminded me of the Elder-Colerain game in 1995. Although the difference this year between the two teams was much greater.

As always, Colerain's overall team speed was very impressive. As Elder found out, if you miss tackles, you are going to pay dearly for it.

The Wayne-Colerain matchup is going to be very interesting! On paper, both teams seems to match up well with one another.

Don, who will be favored to win the GCL in 2016? And Why?

For what it's worth, this appears to be the most replied to thread about a single football game in the history of Yappi.

(Edit: Sorry, I missed a thread. It's the second most replied to thread about a single football game in the history of Yappi.)

Which was the first?

St. X because of Sean Clifford returning. Moe has alot coming back tho.
Just a suggestion, why not start a new thread on this topic. I'd like to hear all GCL posters chime in with their thoughts. From the outside looking in I'm picking Moeller to win it in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.