D I - R 2 Semi-Final: # Colerain (11-1) vs #5 Elder (9-3)

Who wins and what will the margin of victory be?

• Elder Wins by 15-21 Points

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The "Official" Colerain vs. Elder Poll~ Playoffs Round III Edition

Congratulations to the GMC & GCL-South Champions the Mighty Colerain Cardinals!!! Currently it is a co-champ, but hopefully after next week, Colerain will stand alone as GMC/GCL-S champions for 2015!

Here Kitty kitty kitty! These Cardinals have Teeth and they are Hunting Purple Kitty Cats this week!

Round II of the playoffs featured the Mighty Colerain Cardinals DESTROYING the Bombers of St. Ecchsavier, with a record setting score of 42-14.
Coach Specht was heard to reply, "They are who we thought they are!" following the humiliating beatdown.

AHHhh well...I kid you Bombers fans, it is only because the Colerain vs. St. X rivalry has been so great for the last decade + that we can poke jabs at each other. Tofer23 loves the GCL-S teams, without them, we could not be so great!

This week the Cardinals focus their beady black eyes on the Purple Panthers of Elder.
Same as it ever was.
I do not expect this one to be any different from those that have been played in the past. It most likely will come down to who has the ball last, and who makes the fewest errors. Also has a high probability to be a scoring fest, with Elders powerful offense, and weak defense. Colerain should be able to score at will, and the defense will face the strongest test since week 2 against LOLsalle.

So Here We Go Again!

Tofer23's Pick:

The Mighty Colerain Cardinals 56

The Elder Panthers 42

Remember to post your pick of the final score, to have your chance at this weeks "No Prize" A one year pass for the Northgate Mall Bridge, our troll will allow you to pass without a single question.

Colerain/Elder at Mason

I just saw on OHSAA website that this game will be played at Mason High School. If anyone knows about the following that these two teams bring this it totally ridiculous to put the match up in a stadium that only hold around 7,000 people. These two teams have once filled the bottom bowl of Nippert before.

Is this really a site that this game should be played at? I say the Athletic Directors get together and see if they can get a venue change.

Thoughts?

I just saw on OHSAA website that this game will be played at Mason High School. If anyone knows about the following that these two teams bring this it totally ridiculous to put the match up in a stadium that only hold around 7,000 people. These two teams have once filled the bottom bowl of Nippert before.

Is this really a site that this game should be played at? I say the Athletic Directors get together and see if they can get a venue change.

Thoughts?

Mason will be able to hold the attendance just fine. Its not the good old days.

Just yesterday Elder was able to fill half of Welcome Stadium which holds 11,000. Now you are dropping one Team from having a following of roughly 5,000 to now 3,500 as you move on in the playoffs. This does not make any sense to me. Venues should get bigger cause the following grows.

Colerain does not want the game moved, because they don't want Elder to bring a large crowd. Colerain is scared of the purple nation. They don't want the crowd to be a factor in this game.

Colerain does not want the game moved, because they don't want Elder to bring a large crowd. Colerain is scared of the purple nation. They don't want the crowd to be a factor in this game.

Whether they are scared or not..... i know that Colerain can bring more that just 3500 to the game especially a game of this magnitude.

Elder would bring 7,000 by themselves if this game was at Nippert, Casual fans would attend this game plus both schools alumi who are current students at UC would go. Its dumb to have it at Mason. Elder will sell out within the 1st day the tickets go on sale

Does anyone else find it odd that Mason would be willing to even host this game? They were knocked out of the playoffs in Round 1. Beaten badly by Springboro. What does Mason get out of this? Pretty weird.

If the game is on TV that will drive down attendance.... Mason is just fine for a venue. Like someone said this isn't the good old days... does someone have the pic of a packed Nippert f Colerain and Elder, maybe 2003?

Does anyone else find it odd that Mason would be willing to even host this game? They were knocked out of the playoffs in Round 1. Beaten badly by Springboro. What does Mason get out of this? Pretty weird.

I think the host gets all of the parking and concession revenue.

Elder fans didn't even fill Wayne's visitor stands in last year's playoff game. Wayne's visitor seats 1,500-2,000 if that.

That was a 1st round playoff game in Dayton. A regional final game vs. Colerain at Nippert is 100% more appealing than driving to Hubert Heights for a 1st round playoff game.

Most Elder and Colerain fans live within 20-30 minutes of Nippert. Easy drive. 10-15,000 would be my prediction.

If the game is on TV that will drive down attendance.... Mason is just fine for a venue. Like someone said this isn't the good old days... does someone have the pic of a packed Nippert f Colerain and Elder, maybe 2003?

I think EHS2001 has a few.

Elder fans didn't even fill Wayne's visitor stands in last year's playoff game. Wayne's visitor seats 1,500-2,000 if that.

this is completely different. That was @Wayne in the first round and coming off an embarrassing loss to LaSalle and lots of fans knew they didn't really have a chance the way the defense had been playing. Plus it was extremely cold last year for that game. You can't compare it to this years game

They had just as many fans at the game as Wayne. Wayne's crowd was embarrassing for being a home game. I guess you forgot it was played in heavy rain and pretty cold conditions. Not to mention an hour or a little more drive for Elder.

Truth is Colerain wants this game anywhere but Nippert. They know Elder will draw big at Nippert.

I hear many comments that this is not the good ol days, yet Elder still draws very well and it has been several years since Elder played in as big a game as this. Elder would fill Mason on their own.

Colerain won't score more than 40 and if they do i'll eat all the crow in the world

I will reserve your table at the Mt. Rumpke Crow Bar & Grill!

Eat-Crow-300x336.jpg

Colerain won't score more than 40 and if they do i'll eat all the crow in the world

Elder won't score 40, take that to the bank. Colerain could get there if the Elder defense plays the way it did against WW or Moeller. If they play the way they did against LS or X, it will be a barn burner.

Elder's first drive against Darby last night took 7 minutes off the clock, they will need time consuming drives like that against Colerain. Keep their offense off the field as much as possible. I see a 28-21 type of score.

I have two words for the reason why I am certain that the Mighty Colerain Cardinals will win vs. Elder...Winton Woods!

Status
Not open for further replies.