Cross County Conference 2020-2021

I don't think it is necessarily a wash, I would say 50/50. Think I am more frustrated than anything rational right now. I do think June will be lost for summer leagues, and the AAU season is likely entirely out, so next year will be a bit different if we do play. It will take more games into the season to get in the flow having not had June to play together.
I’d agree but hoping for the best. It would be great if once mass testing happens we find out millions of people have it so a lot less deadly than originally thought. Just a wish

I don't think it is necessarily a wash, I would say 50/50. Think I am more frustrated than anything rational right now. I do think June will be lost for summer leagues, and the AAU season is likely entirely out, so next year will be a bit different if we do play. It will take more games into the season to get in the flow having not had June to play together.
I agree with that. I wouldn't say next year is a wash. It's the last year for the CCC so I hope that's not the case. I think things will be different, and I also think we will likely lose all summer league activities for all sports. But I do think there is a chance that things could be up and running by August 1. I'm not saying it's for sure, but I am hopeful.

I agree with that. I wouldn't say next year is a wash. It's the last year for the CCC so I hope that's not the case. I think things will be different, and I also think we will likely lose all summer league activities for all sports. But I do think there is a chance that things could be up and running by August 1. I'm not saying it's for sure, but I am hopeful.
Hopefully the next couple weeks as we open back up do not see a large increase in cases and begin to get a sense of normalcy back

Hopefully the next couple weeks as we open back up do not see a large increase in cases and begin to get a sense of normalcy back
I agree and I personally don't see a huge reason to rush back with the kids. I know summer camps/trainings are important but I don't think it's the end of the world. If things can start up by August 1st, which is typically around when 2 a days start for football, I think we could be good to go for the year. That's still 2 in a half months away. I know some things won't be back to normal by then, but it's too early to tell. I think things are trending in the right direction.

I agree and I personally don't see a huge reason to rush back with the kids. I know summer camps/trainings are important but I don't think it's the end of the world. If things can start up by August 1st, which is typically around when 2 a days start for football, I think we could be good to go for the year. That's still 2 in a half months away. I know some things won't be back to normal by then, but it's too early to tell. I think things are trending in the right direction.
This is a good possibility. See this article stating the virus has been here well before we thought? I think this is great news moving forward but I am no doctor.

Basketball workouts have begun this week. It'll be interesting to see how things go leading up to the season with some new coaches in place. Sagaster back coaching at Tri Village, and Ryan Innis now taking over at TVS.

In other news, word is that Tony Augsperger has now accepted the AD position at TCN. I think that comes as a shock to a lot of people. He has retired from coaching and teaching and will be AD only. He wanted to become the AD only at TVS, but he was voted down by the school board. It will be interesting to see if he gets involved at all at TCN. My understanding is he has no interest with coaching anymore. Just some friendly advice to the TCN coach could do them some good though...

That is shocking news does TVS not have a AD only position, that would make me throw up in my mouth a little if I was a TVS fan. Name your court after the guy and he ends up at your biggest rival.

That is shocking news does TVS not have a AD only position, that would make me throw up in my mouth a little if I was a TVS fan. Name your court after the guy and he ends up at your biggest rival.
We have an AD only position, but that's what he applied for but did not get. As good of a basketball coach as he has been at TVS, he's been equally as bad of an AD. I will always love Augsperger but if you are someone that's been at TVS in the past 10 years, you would know that he's not the same as he used to be. He seemed run down without the same energy that he used to have. I think being the AD, a teacher and the boys basketball coach took a lot out of him. Rightfully so, as it would do that to anyone. The only thing I don't like is that I think he could have done a better job if he was focusing on the AD position only. I would have preferred to keep him at TVS, but the school board thought otherwise. I think he's just collecting a few more paychecks from TCN until he can retire happily.

Who should be good in the CCC this year as a Preble Shawnee fan I know we play TVS, TCN, Arcanum, Trail, Miss valley this year

Who should be good in the CCC this year as a Preble Shawnee fan I know we play TVS, TCN, Arcanum, Trail, Miss valley this year
I believe the top 2 teams will be National Trail and Tri Village. Trail returns the best player in the league and I believe they will be the favorites to win the conference. Tri Village has a ton of young talent but they greatly under achieved last year. Sagaster is back in as coach and I expect them to be a lot better next year. They have the talent to win the league. Aside from that I don't know who else will be good. I'd guess Arcanum will still be decent, and I actually think TCN can be good next year. Stinson is a very good player. As for TVS, it will be another down year, probably worse than last year. We have a new coach, and we will likely be playing some Freshman on Varsity next season. I would say we are 2-3 years from being pretty good again.

I believe the top 2 teams will be National Trail and Tri Village. Trail returns the best player in the league and I believe they will be the favorites to win the conference. Tri Village has a ton of young talent but they greatly under achieved last year. Sagaster is back in as coach and I expect them to be a lot better next year. They have the talent to win the league. Aside from that I don't know who else will be good. I'd guess Arcanum will still be decent, and I actually think TCN can be good next year. Stinson is a very good player. As for TVS, it will be another down year, probably worse than last year. We have a new coach, and we will likely be playing some Freshman on Varsity next season. I would say we are 2-3 years from being pretty good again.
Wow wait a minute, Sags is back? Is this official? Wonder what he can do with all that talent?

Wow wait a minute, Sags is back? Is this official? Wonder what he can do with all that talent?
Oh yeah, Sags is back in as the head coach and Tri Village is pretty loaded with talent. I believe the expectation is that they are going to start winning immediately. Tri Village is about to have another 6-8 year run of good basketball. I don't know what the overall opinion of the Tri Village people is in regards to him being back as the coach after what happened previously. I do know that they want to win and they've been unhappy with the last 3-4 years, and there were some that weren't going to stop until he was back as the head coach. It's worked out really well for him because he got to miss out on some years where there wasn't much talent. Now he's back in a couple years before his son gets to high school. I'm not sure that his son's team has ever lost a game ever. Including an undefeated season playing in the Dayton Metro Division 1 division a couple years back.

Oh yeah, Sags is back in as the head coach and Tri Village is pretty loaded with talent. I believe the expectation is that they are going to start winning immediately. Tri Village is about to have another 6-8 year run of good basketball. I don't know what the overall opinion of the Tri Village people is in regards to him being back as the coach after what happened previously. I do know that they want to win and they've been unhappy with the last 3-4 years, and there were some that weren't going to stop until he was back as the head coach. It's worked out really well for him because he got to miss out on some years where there wasn't much talent. Now he's back in a couple years before his son gets to high school. I'm not sure that his son's team has ever lost a game ever. Including an undefeated season playing in the Dayton Metro Division 1 division a couple years back.

Wow pretty impressive.

Agreed. Sagaster back in mixed with the fact that they started 2 redshirt transfer Freshman last year. Tri Village is a team that a lot of people are going to be rooting against.

Seems like the attendance at their games has been down since the drama. At some point even after mistakes like that folks have to move on.

If the coach would have been public and said I am punishing myself with a 2 year suspension, things are way different on the return. I am all for second chances, not so sure what the community thinks about that.

I am sad for the last two coaches, who I am sure the Superintendent had a voice in the hire and had to say they were his guys right? Did both get back stabbed?

Seems like the attendance at their games has been down since the drama. At some point even after mistakes like that folks have to move on.

If the coach would have been public and said I am punishing myself with a 2 year suspension, things are way different on the return. I am all for second chances, not so sure what the community thinks about that.

I am sad for the last two coaches, who I am sure the Superintendent had a voice in the hire and had to say they were his guys right? Did both get back stabbed?
I am not sure if they got back stabbed, but neither one of them had a chance. I do believe Sags was involved of the hiring of them.

I feel bad for Perry specifically, who came in after Sagaster. The program had the least amount of talent that I've seen in 25 years. Yet people were still upset at his style of play and that he didn't win more. I thought he did a fine job with what he had.

This last coach was coming into an awful scenario. Expectations were high yet they are starting 2 Freshman guards and they were an extremely young team. I thought going .500 was not that bad of a season. They were actually 11-8 heading into their final 4 games, but I know the season ended bad with a bad tournament loss. At that point, I believe that was just more gasoline on the fire to get Sags back in there.

Isn't the Sup and Sags one and the same?

Isn't the Sup and Sags one and the same?
Yeah, Sags is the superintendent at Tri Village.

I'll be honest though, I do not know why this last coach is no longer there. I don't know if he got ran off, or just decided to step down himself. I'm sure he felt some pressure, but he had to expect that some. I'm just assuming he got ran out.

Yeah, Sags is the superintendent at Tri Village.

I'll be honest though, I do not know why this last coach is no longer there. I don't know if he got ran off, or just decided to step down himself. I'm sure he felt some pressure, but he had to expect that some. I'm just assuming he got ran out.
Was he fired or did he resign? I am assuming sags just wanted the job back.

As long as sags was still the sup in the district it was an impossible job for any replacement really. I am sure he cast a pretty long shadow.

Was he fired or did he resign? I am assuming sags just wanted the job back.

As long as sags was still the sup in the district it was an impossible job for any replacement really. I am sure he cast a pretty long shadow.
I do not know the last coach did not work out. I think it was probably a combination of things, but there's no doubt Sags wanted the job back. Prior to the last coach being hired, they were actually set to give Sags back the position. It caused such an argument between school board members that Sags eventually decided to not accept the job. Now just one year later, something has changed to where he is right back in there.

Sounds good, not to sound like a homer but I actually like Shawnee’s chances in all these games, kinda wish we played Tri Village this year but I think we get some wars with them in the coming years, as I believe they have a ton of talent coming over the years, Shawnee also has some talent coming with all little brothers from good players from the last 4 years.

Sounds good, not to sound like a homer but I actually like Shawnee’s chances in all these games, kinda wish we played Tri Village this year but I think we get some wars with them in the coming years, as I believe they have a ton of talent coming over the years, Shawnee also has some talent coming with all little brothers from good players from the last 4 years.
Outside of Trail and Tri Village, I think the conference could be down quite a bit. I think last year it was pretty weak as well. I think there is room for a team like Arcanum, Ansonia or Miami East to show up and be pretty good. I just am not sure about that.

There's no doubt that when the WOAC starts, there will be some battles between Preble Shawnee and Tri Village. I think that will be the top 2 basketball schools when the new conference begins.

I’m thinking the WOAC should be a very good basketball conference. The CCC was always very good. Adding Shawnee will make it even better

I’m thinking the WOAC should be a very good basketball conference. The CCC was always very good. Adding Shawnee will make it even better
I agree. Shawnee and Tri Village will start off hot when the league starts. TVS, FM, Trail, Arcanum and Ansonia have been traditionally good over the years. It should be a decent basketball conference.

A follow up to the Tri-Village saga; Jones ends up at Greenville - I think it is a good move. I believe that Greenville and TV play against each other, should be an interesting game. Daily Advocate Jones New Coach
That will be an interesting game. I’m glad he got the job at Greenville. I think he will do good there. He was set up to fail at Tri Village and that’s what they wanted.

For those interested. Dayton Elite is hosting an open gym for some of the top players in the area tonight. It will be live streamed I believe on Youtube at 6pm. 3 players from the CCC will be taking place as Cameron Harrison NT, Dillon Stinson TCN and Lane Sarver of TV will all be there. It could be something interesting to watch.

Off the heels of a so far very successful football season... Tri Village is going to be the clear cut favorites in the CCC for basketball this year. I'm taking them ahead of National Trail. For me it'll be 1) Tri Village.... 2) National Trail.... 3) Everybody else. Stinson with the ACL tear really hurts TCN. As he would be a top 3 player in the league this year. Has anyone heard if he will be able to give basketball a go this year?

Off the heels of a so far very successful football season... Tri Village is going to be the clear cut favorites in the CCC for basketball this year. I'm taking them ahead of National Trail. For me it'll be 1) Tri Village.... 2) National Trail.... 3) Everybody else. Stinson with the ACL tear really hurts TCN. As he would be a top 3 player in the league this year. Has anyone heard if he will be able to give basketball a go this year?
Why NT number 2, they lost the big kid who I thought was by far the best player on the team after that we’ll besides the coaches kid who’s a nice player but don’t think he can carry a team not sure they had any other player to talk about is the CCC down this I heard the TCN kid got hurt which will all but end there season.