CoronaVirus

This was the chart that was given at today’s press conference. If we keep on this track and it’s we keep social distancing until the end of May then I’d like to think we’d be ready to go for fall.
Maybe we start late and play the state championships closer to the holidays or we only play 8 or 9 weeks in the regular season

y2h is an idoit !!!

It is people like him that will cause this to last into the fall...
Its people like you that think you'll kill a virus while hiding in your house. You might as well stay there in the fall...wouldnt want you to become another flu statistic.

This will last into the fall because no one is out building antibodies. When people gather in crowds again and the weather is conducive itll come back. If you are elderly or have an other wise compromised immune system be all means take precautions, for the vast majority of people the symptoms are mild. It's not the black plague.

Did you refuse to leave your house for Swine flu? Bird flu? Ebola? You believe its sustainable to shutter the country everytime some virus pops up?

Saudi's just decided to increase production of oil, in a world that has shut down. Amazing timing again, obvious attempt to cripple American energy and it will. Inflation and more job loss is on the way. Coordinated, big government and establishment! Who cares though, the unemployment checks are going to be bigger than regular paychecks. We'll just be limited to spending it on any number of on-line vices.

Last edited:
Saudi's just decided to increase production of oil, in a world that has shut down. Amazing timing again, obvious attempt to cripple American energy and it will. Inflation and more job loss is on the way. Coordinated, big government and establishment! Who cares though, the unemployment checks are going to be bigger than regular paychecks. We'll just be limited to spending it on any number of on-line vices.
Yep, "inflation is going to be huge, no ones ever seen inflation like this! I understand inflation better than anybody. " predicted Trump statement on 9% plus inflation rate.

Its people like you that think you'll kill a virus while hiding in your house. You might as well stay there in the fall...wouldnt want you to become another flu statistic.
Wilfully ignorant isn't a good look.

We're not even a month into this from the first death in the us to over 2,000 and without any intervention the number of infected would skyrocket exponentially. The flu is much slower. We have no immunity to this. Much of the US is immune to at least some strains of the flu from either vaccination of getting it previously.

And most cases don't require hospitalization and even those that do aren't requiring ventilators or hospital stays of 10-plus days. Average flu stay is 5-6 days but Covid-19 is over 11.

Is also killing 10x more than the flu. Which I realize you're quite content people dying if it means not interfering with your daily life. But once we have a vaccine for this, even if this comes back seasonally, we'll mostly be protected except for anti-vaxxers.

this will last into the fall because no one is out building antibodies. When people gather in crowds again and the weather is conducive itll come back. If you are elderly or have an other wise compromised immune system be all means take precautions, for the vast majority of people the symptoms are mild. It's not the black plague.

How would elderly or immunocompromised exactly take precautions?

Did you refuse to leave your house for Swine flu? Bird flu? Ebola? You believe its sustainable to shutter the country everytime some virus pops up?

No. No. And no.

Why? Because our government was on the ball for them, they didn't spread nearly as fast or spread before symptoms, and ebola had a nasty habit of killing itself out if you just isolate those already sick because the death rate is nearly 50% and only communicable through bodily fluid of someone already sick.

This gem is living on surfaces longer than other viruses because in all of human history, this type of viruses are mostly nuisance bugs that don't kill hardly anyone. Until this strain which is attacking the lungs in a way others didn't.

There will be some who trust the government completely and some who don't.
It's always funny watching both parties post on here. One claims to be correct, while accusing the other of being wrong.

There will be some who trust the government completely and some who don't.
It's always funny watching both parties post on here. One claims to be correct, while accusing the other of being wrong.

only one side of the argument accuses the other of being wrong? I don’t think that’s how arguments work.

Nancy and Chuck are already back to the trough letting us know of the 4th relief bill is coming, they even brought up a 5th. Is the ink even dry on the 2.2T bill passed last week. Politics is all over this. 350B for needed small business bailouts. I calc'd 1.1T for 4 months of needed unemployment payments worst case. Where did the other 700B go? Liberal pork, and the next bill will have more liberal pork. This is a totally coordinated event. You people are dreaming if you think certain politicians are going to let this shutdown stop before the election. It's over. Your football maybe back in 2021. Prepare for another 8 months minimum sitting around collecting umemployment. If no vaccine, you now have in effect seasonal flu on your hands so we're lookin at 12 months, 2 years, longer? We now have precedent, no fatality rate is acceptable only the complete cure, based on the hysteria created. This thing is going to keep going until every last drop of political opportunity is wrung out.
The level of ignorance to blame the “liberals” for an event while the country is run by the GOP.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Its people like you that think you'll kill a virus while hiding in your house.

y2h, they would be right. You can poison it or you can starve it. Because it has such a high rate of contagion and the effects on each individual so unpredictable, the purpose of social distancing is to starve it at least enough that it does not overwhelm the country's/worlds' medical capacity.

I don't mean to talk down but this is like a board over a very high canyon. A few people, no problem. Few more, gets wobbly, everyone enjoys the fear. But if it breaks, there is no recovery. The medical capacity is that board. We overwhelm it, it's not just the weak or the old.

Yes we are missing an opportunity for a great darwanistic experience. All get together, kumbaya, those remaining will be stronger. But enough will be gone, our entire economic system will tank and that will take more than the medically susceptible. Remember how much two planes and 3000 deaths crippled the economy? Imagine 1% gone, or 2 or 10.

We flatten the curve to try and keep the medical establishment above water with the faith that our research if given time will be able to find a way to tame this virus. That's the plan.

It's the strong that are accepting this battle. Be one of those.

That sentence right there truly shows you have no idea what you are talking about at all. I would stick with the political garbage you bring into it because clearly from the medical side you are just ignorant.
I know exactly what I'm talking about. You have to be exposed to build immunity. That's what a vaccine is. You notice they are asking people who have had it to donate plasma...why? Due to the antibodies in reaction to the virus. By having everyone avoid getting it you are just setting the condition for another event in the fall when groups are gathering again and conditions are ripe for a virus outbreak. We will not have a vaccine by then.

Good stuff, except for this gem.
Comparatively speaking, Of course. H1N1 may have had a delay in response but only killed about 12,500 over the course of an entire 12 month period despite infecting nearly 60 million. It also was a flu, and despite its spread wasn't really unlike other flus in what it did to people and had a very low ability to kill people.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. You have to be exposed to build immunity. That's what a vaccine is. You notice they are asking people who have had it to donate plasma...why? Due to the antibodies in reaction to the virus. By having everyone avoid getting it you are just setting the condition for another event in the fall when groups are gathering again and conditions are ripe for a virus outbreak. We will not have a vaccine by then.
Better go to www.cdc.gov and read about what you are trying to understand, you obviously don’t.

The level of ignorance to blame the “liberals” for an event while the country is run by the GOP.......

What event? This will get exploited until the election for political gain and it's working. Nothing else did, Nancy finally found somthing. The relief bill was filled with liberal pork, and so will the next. And the GOP'ers don't run everything. Many states are governed by Dems, and if you wanted to say the majority of infections and fatalities are in states run by liberal governors you could say that too. Too many solar panels in the state budget and not enough ventilators and ICU beds.

So are you telling us the only people who die from the flu are people who did not get flu shot ? And question can anyone if they choose get data or info to suite there argument or ideas , i am not on either side i am in the middle but i do not let the media driven narrative control my thoughts.

We should be living life normally...like we always do with one of these viruses.

So you start with a baldfaces lie.

We've made a few medical advancements since 1918.

and move on to a non-sequitur. You're a logical mess.

Saying we should live as normal instead of staying away from a highly contagious disease is stupid, no matter the timeframe.

So you start with a baldfaces lie.

and move on to a non-sequitur. You're a logical mess.

Saying we should live as normal instead of staying away from a highly contagious disease is stupid, no matter the timeframe.
When has the entire country shut down over a virus? Heck we didnt do it after 9/11.

Who cares if it's highly contagious when the vast majority, over 90%, are mild cases?

I guess we'll start shutting down every fall for the flu.