CoronaVirus

The Infidel

Active member
View attachment 6484

Looking at these projections, it looks like Ohio would be having very few new infections by somewhere around May 1st to May 15th.
They should have just done non of the social distancing and created this social hysteria. This would have been done by now. Yes more people would have been sick and more people would have died. #NaturalSelection
 

Red-Lep

Active member
I watch the news and both press conference with Dewine and Trump everyday but I understand more about the virus's effect on people from reading Yappi. We will all do what is needed to lower the curve but if it messes with the football season, oh hell no!!!!
 

BIG ED

Well-known member
I tend to be an optimist, so I agree with yappi that things will be back to almost normal by late August-early September. I personally don’t see this 8-10 thousand cases a day scenario. I think things will get worse over the next couple weeks with the numbers, but peaking around Easter, or shortly thereafter, just from some things I’ve read.
The question is do we foresee this fall & winter before entering a football or basketball game (high school, college or pro) there will be folks scanning our foreheads for a fever? They are already are checking handbags and so on. I’m not suggesting they do so, just throwing it out there.
I do have a feeling we will be standing in lines to get vaccinated for this before winter comes again. Lots of great minds working on this.
In the meantime, stay safe everyone. Be careful, use common sense, especially those under 30, who can give to us older folks and folks over 60.
 

pizzaman

Well-known member
Boy I hope you are right about the vaccine! In the meantime I believe we should continue what Dewine is doing right now for a while longer. Therapeutic drugs are being tested at a rapid pace and that would help an awful lot too.
 

thavoice

Well-known member
Great message. As of 3/27, 1139 cases with 276 hospitalizations and 19 deaths in Ohio. Those 276 hospitalizations represent 0.0024% of the Ohio population. Contrast 276 vs. 187,780 jobless claims last week - geez! This has been a media induced panic causing economic destruction.
Numbers don't lie!
actually over 100,000k have it Ohio and just don't know it
 

BIG ED

Well-known member
Total of Tests Pos/Neg: 24,376
Positive Tests: 1653
Negative Tests: 22,723

Speculating on March 29th that they’ll be no football this year is a crap shoot at best. Right now I’d put the odds at 70% chance there will be and a 30% chance there won’t be.
 
Last edited:

Mackinbiner

Well-known member
My Aunt has it. She is an international flight attendant and assuming she caught it on a flight. Currently quarantined at home for 14 days... along with her son that lives with her.
Any updates on your aunt? Where is she in her 14 day quarantine?
 

y2h

Well-known member
Food for thought.....I’m not saying Covid 19 is a hoax or should be taken lightly and I know it’s more contagious than these two below, but still it should make you think. These figures are from the CDC.

2019-20 US flu season, 5 months, killed 23,000 Americans including 125 children. That's 4,600 deaths a month or 1,150 a week or 164 a day! No alarmists or media blinked.
450 deaths in 3 months from covid-19 - mass panic.

The U. S. swine flu pandemic of 09, had 60.8 million cases, over 275,000 hospitalized and 12, 485 deaths. Nothing closed, no social distancing, schools remained open, no panic.
Obviously this will have to be the new normal. Shutdown every fall for flu season. Cant turn a blind eye to the death and devastation of the flu any longer.
 

y2h

Well-known member
Well the swine flu had a death rate of .02%, Covid 19 is sitting at 2% but that will most likely change with more testing becomes available. Also Covid 19 is being reported as more contagious. Swine flu was able to affect up to 1-1.5 additional people, they are saying Covid is up to 2-2.5 additional people.

USA and others were more prepare to fight the swine flu, because they had so many things in place to fight a flu virus already. You cant say the same thing about covid 19.

Also you are using numbers from seeing the swine flu run its full course. They are saving covid 19 hasnt even come close to peaking yet in the US.We could see a 2nd and 3rd wave
Over 90% of cases are mild, who cares how contagious it is? The hysteria is ridiculous. Big Ed is spot on. We've dealt with pandemics before and didnt lose our minds. The flu is devastating every fall/winter and nobody thinks twice about it.

Hell we didnt act this stupid after 9/11.

Its amazing that people that have been screaming about dictators for 4 years are now applauding authoritarian action.
 

Just.here

Active member
Over 90% of cases are mild, who cares how contagious it is?
It’s about making sure there’s enough room in hospitals to care for enough people. If there’s not enough room in hospitals and people can’t be admitted then death rate will begin to skyrocket.
 

TigerPaw

Well-known member
Surely he didn’t mean the stay at home order and businesses closed. If that happens it will be catastrophic to individuals and businesses. Folks might revolt.
Maybe they'll revolt less if CDC estimates come true. Let's make it happen so the y2h's of the world feel better. Mom must be getting on his nerves.

Btw hundreds of nurses and doctors have been exposed and continue to be. Working double shifts, w/out proper protection, refrigerator trucks as make-shift morgues, all to save us. But but but, I can't go to the movies??? God bless them.
 

y2h

Well-known member
Maybe they'll revolt less if CDC estimates come true. Let's make it happen so the y2h's of the world feel better. Mom must be getting on his nerves.

Btw hundreds of nurses and doctors have been exposed and continue to be. Working double shifts, w/out proper protection, refrigerator trucks as make-shift morgues, all to save us. But but but, I can't go to the movies??? God bless them.
Sorry that I dont roll over and abdicate my rights so easily. Very disheartening how many people just blindly accept what the government tells them. Going to the movies? People have been arrested for having a house party for god's sakes. We have the right to assembly.
 

TigerPaw

Well-known member
You have to fight for your right to party. Maybe Beastie Boys were on to something.

Seriously what an entitled selfish little brat. It's not "da gubmit" it's doctors and hospitals you phuking idiot.
 

Region2

Active member
Nancy and Chuck are already back to the trough letting us know of the 4th relief bill is coming, they even brought up a 5th. Is the ink even dry on the 2.2T bill passed last week. Politics is all over this. 350B for needed small business bailouts. I calc'd 1.1T for 4 months of needed unemployment payments worst case. Where did the other 700B go? Liberal pork, and the next bill will have more liberal pork. This is a totally coordinated event. You people are dreaming if you think certain politicians are going to let this shutdown stop before the election. It's over. Your football maybe back in 2021. Prepare for another 8 months minimum sitting around collecting umemployment. If no vaccine, you now have in effect seasonal flu on your hands so we're lookin at 12 months, 2 years, longer? We now have precedent, no fatality rate is acceptable only the complete cure, based on the hysteria created. This thing is going to keep going until every last drop of political opportunity is wrung out.
 
Last edited:

Massillon#82

Well-known member
Sorry that I dont roll over and abdicate my rights so easily. Very disheartening how many people just blindly accept what the government tells them. Going to the movies? People have been arrested for having a house party for god's sakes. We have the right to assembly.
Please continue to get together in groups actually I want you to do it more and more but all of you can stay away from me.
 

D4fan

Well-known member
Surely he didn’t mean the stay at home order and businesses closed. If that happens it will be catastrophic to individuals and businesses. Folks might revolt.
July 1 is only 13 weeks away, will be here before you know it. How would people revolt? Start secretly sneaking into factories at night and producing a days worth of product?
 

y2h

Well-known member
You have to fight for your right to party. Maybe Beastie Boys were on to something.

Seriously what an entitled selfish little brat. It's not "da gubmit" it's doctors and hospitals you phuking idiot.
Exercising your rights makes one selfish 😂

I guarantee you've been screaming Trump is a dictator for 4 years and now that authoritarian suspension of rights has finally come you applaude it...truely amazing.
 

y2h

Well-known member
July 1 is only 13 weeks away, will be here before you know it. How would people revolt? Start secretly sneaking into factories at night and producing a days worth of product?
Not hard to figure out.
 
.
Top