Columbus city no sports

Of course you realize the difference between army hospitals and "regular" hospitals don't you? I hope.
The psycho dad's boy must like Trump for that 10% raise he gave the military, their first raise in nearly a decade, right?

You can go to a movie theater today. In fact I am going actually to support them on their first day back. They are showing classics right now but still...I am going.
I miss going to see a good flick in the theatre. There was to be one, The Outpost I think..that was the book at least, about the Koreghal (sp?) Valley in Afghanistan...was to be out around 1 July

I have seen some that says we are not behind. But again, how can that be? How hard is it to compile this data? I have also seen data that shows the leading killers, heart attacks and cancer, are down significantly. How can that be? Logic tells me they are just attributing many deaths to COVID, regardless of the actual cause.
Usually actuary tables don't get finalized until well after the year has already ended. We're not really setup to do day by day numbers with 100% accuracy

Edit: there is some anecdotal evidence that heart attacks and other sudden accidental deaths are down because stay at home orders have reduced things like eating out, consuming alcohol at parties, bars, etc and things like highway accidents when driving is down significantly.

Usually actuary tables don't get finalized until well after the year has already ended. We're not really setup to do day by day numbers with 100% accuracy.
With something seemingly this important, and given our modern advances in technology, I would think it would be a priority to compile this data more close to real time, perhaps with a 30 day lag, or even a 60 day lag. But that aside, we already know what the past looked like. We seem to know what things currently look like, given all the sites tracking deaths and what not. So I think it has to all be there, someone just needs to compile it.

Usually actuary tables don't get finalized until well after the year has already ended. We're not really setup to do day by day numbers with 100% accuracy

Edit: there is some anecdotal evidence that heart attacks and other sudden accidental deaths are down because stay at home orders have reduced things like eating out, consuming alcohol at parties, bars, etc and things like highway accidents when driving is down significantly.
but i read alcohol consumption and sales are up....................

traffic...yeah that has been a great byproduct of everyone being grounded! Saves me 40 minutes a day, for the days Ive actually went into the office.

I miss going to see a good flick in the theatre. There was to be one, The Outpost I think..that was the book at least, about the Koreghal (sp?) Valley in Afghanistan...was to be out around 1 July
Going to see raiders tonight. Seen it a million times but haven't seen on a big screen since I was like 10 or so. $5 ticket. It's a good entertainment value.

The psycho dad's boy must like Trump for that 10% raise he gave the military, their first raise in nearly a decade, right?

U.S. military members have received a pay raise every year for decades .

Several raises in the last decade have been larger than service members are getting under Trump; 2.6% in 2019, 2.4% in 2018, 2.1% in 2017.

Raises in 2008, 2009 and 2010, for example, were all 3.4% or more.

Pay increases shrank after that because of congressionally mandated budget caps. Trump and Congress did break a trend that began in 2011 of pay raises that hovered between 1% and 2%.

Pages 75 & 76

Look up how many people are hospitalized with Covid and how many die. It's at 6%. I'll round down to 5.65%
20200811_185817.jpg

False information like saying a 6% percent death rate is why we have irrational decisions being made that are affecting kids education and peoples livelihoods. Fear mongering at its finest.

U.S. military members have received a pay raise every year for decades .

Several raises in the last decade have been larger than service members are getting under Trump; 2.6% in 2019, 2.4% in 2018, 2.1% in 2017.

Raises in 2008, 2009 and 2010, for example, were all 3.4% or more.

Pay increases shrank after that because of congressionally mandated budget caps. Trump and Congress did break a trend that began in 2011 of pay raises that hovered between 1% and 2%.

Pages 75 & 76
Wait, he told troops a bit ago he got them a 10% raise, and how they hadnt had one i a decade.

I am confused....

Most old people I talk to just want to go on living their lives and if they get Covid they get it, including this old person. Tired of liberals telling us how to live our lives.
Same with my parents. Mother still works part time in the medical field for something to do, and dad chose a place to rehab his knee that they did not require to wear a mask. I believe the place now requires it because Dictator Dewine amped up grounding punishment for Ohians.

View attachment 9130
False information like saying a 6% percent death rate is why we have irrational decisions being made that are affecting kids education and peoples livelihoods. Fear mongering at its finest.
False. He said percentage of those hospitalized died at a 6% rate. That's not in your stats.

You also disingenuously give a death rate based on people who haven't gotten it.

That's like saying 99% of people don't die in car crashes so air bags and seat belts are government overreach.

False. He said percentage of those hospitalized died at a 6% rate. That's not in your stats.

You also disingenuously give a death rate based on people who haven't gotten it.

That's like saying 99% of people don't die in car crashes so air bags and seat belts are government overreach.
I didn't disingenuously do anything. I gave actual facts, from the CDC. If your reading comprehension was better you would see that 2.7% is the death rate of people who tested positive.

How ever you want to twist it, survivability of this virus is very, very high. Especially for the young and healthy.

psycho_dad said:
That's how you compare a normal flu to this flu. A normal year, normal flu, you are never tested. You are not determined to have the flu unless you are hospitalized. Apples to Apples...or Virus to Virus comparison.

So there is this fairly common anti-viral drug on the market that goes by the brand name Tamiflu. You may of heard of it. If given early in the influenza infection process, first 48hrs of symptoms. It can reduce the strength of the symptoms and seriousness of complications. It also reduces the number of days a person feels ill in many cases. Additionally, Tamiflu is given preventively to those who have been exposed to flu positive patients. So just some advice, if it’s flu season and you become symptomatic (chills, fever, cough, runny nose, fatigue, muscle aches, etc.) go to your primary care or an urgent care to get the nasal swab. Results take about 10mins to obtain. If you are flu+ the doc should write a script for Tamiflu to hopefully reduce your illness by a couple days. A couple less days of the flu and reducing your chances of developing pneumonia are well worth the trip to the doc when you aren’t feeling well. Long story short, MOST people are diagnosed with the flu outside of a hospital setting. And the majority of the ones being diagnosed with the flu In the hospital are the psychos that go to the ER and tie up resources of those who really need them.

Last edited:
Most old people I talk to just want to go on living their lives and if they get Covid they get it, including this old person. Tired of liberals telling us how to live our lives.
I'm not at that age yet but have family that is. We all feel it is up to us to do what we feel is needed to keep us safe and nobody in my family feels that our elders are at risk because kids are would be in school or playing sports.

Why do we need herd immunity for a virus that does "very little damage?" We get those viruses every single year. If you are unlucky enough to be one of the people that has such a bad reaction to this virus that you need hospitalized, it's only a 6% chance that you die. Normal Flu that goes through each year is about 0.1% That's 60 times more. A little over 7,000 people die each day in the US on average. We are adding 700-1000 to that every day. Since it didn't start Jan 1st and took a bit to ramp up, we will add about 10% to the number of dead Americans for 2020.

We have inundated many hospitals. We don't do that every year. I agree that this is a virus that should do very little. So why have millions lost their jobs? Why are schools not opening as normal? Why are all the sports I watch on TV so different than what I'm used to? Why can't I do about 75% of the things I typically do? Why is my family sitting on concert tickets we can't use for who knows when? Why is this so much different than every other year?
So what do you want to do? Nature has spoken. Hiding will not fix anything. Kids, Adults, elderly now all have a new virus that will kill a small minority. Its here. Hardened you and your loved ones lives with all the precautions. Shutting down make an awful situation worse.

Dear god, I've done that like 30 times. How about what every other administration has done. Go back and look at Ebola. Please... Don't take my word for anything. Just take a step back and look at how we are living and ask yourself if this is how it should be and who is in charge. Simple

Ebola? Did you just compare Ebola to COVID? Come on man. SMH

I didn't disingenuously do anything. I gave actual facts, from the CDC. If your reading comprehension was better you would see that 2.7% is the death rate of people who tested positive.

How ever you want to twist it, survivability of this virus is very, very high. Especially for the young and healthy.
And he said 6% of those hospitalized. Not just those confirmed positive.

I'm not quite getting what's getting you all bent out of shape. None of the data you've posted contradicted what he said. It's not percent of Americans, percent of infected, etc. He said percent of hospitalized.

Want to argue it? Find the stat for deaths of those hospitalized with it and prove him wrong.

And you say my reading comprehension is a problem.

And he said 6% of those hospitalized. Not just those confirmed positive.

I'm not quite getting what's getting you all bent out of shape. None of the data you've posted contradicted what he said. It's not percent of Americans, percent of infected, etc. He said percent of hospitalized.

Want to argue it? Find the stat for deaths of those hospitalized with it and prove him wrong.

And you say my reading comprehension is a problem.

About the same % as the flu...that makes sense.
If you are admitted to the hospital you are not doing well no matter what the illness. Wouldn't you say this is kind of a irrelevant fear mongering stat?

Percentage of death from hospitalization is the dumbest stat I’ve ever seen.

Hey psycho,
What should President Trump have done differently?

First, you are wrong about number of deaths. The Federal Government has failed us all on a colossal scale. Do you think it will just be free to properly open schools? Where are schools supposed to get the resources to just suck it up? We will see how it goes, cuz it's going to start here pretty soon. Starting with nothing but words from our federal government. Let's put it all on the schools cuz the schools did not properly handle a simple virus.
I am not wrong on the number of deaths. look it up using our own cdc counts. The covid attributed deaths are up. All other attributed deaths are way down. Just look it up.

What do you mean "suck it up and have in person school"??? Why? So it kills more people and further screws the neighborhoods up? Who do you think drives the school bus, is behind the lunchroom counter and teaches in the classroom? 20-somethings in pristine health? Have you considered that many of these students live with extended, older family members and in many cases their caretaker/custodian is a grandparent?

In what possible world is "sucking it up" by having the shadow of death hovering over a massive inner-city district remotely sensible?
FOR A VERY VERY GOOD REASON. Statistically speaking, COVID will have very little impact on their community, were as juvenile delinquency, and lack of an education is an absolute likelihood that will without doubt have a personal and social impact that we will all be paying for the rest of out lives. So, it is just taking a calculated risk. You know the kind you take every day