Coaching Openings

That’s a pretty good analysis of it. Similar to my thoughts. Start is clearly in the districts. A D1 guard going to a powerfive in Douglas who is now super aggressive on the offensive end. That mixed with a lot of decent complimentary pieces. I would put Whitmer, Springfield and Perrysburg up there. AW is such a clear favorite with all of the talent and the Bender twins.

I think Carlie has a chance to be really good and Defoe is good as well. I keep hearing about the JV players but until they are putting major varsity minutes it’s all potential. Looking at the fact that they didn’t hire until September there couldn’t have been many names to choose from. That’s a tough one to understand. Seems like it would be a half way decent job. That puzzles me.
SuA won't be good with James sitting out this year. I fully conceit that. Springfield takes a major step back this year without Carruthers. They are not in the top 4. AW is certainly number 1. Perrysburg is number 2. Start with Douglas and/or Ross with Destiny and Karma are 3/4. Whitmer may be 5 Findlay maybe 5... We wills see... Springfield probably 7ish.

Hooper419

Active member​

Division 1 NW OHIO.
1. Anthony Wayne.

2. Perrysburg. 3. Fremont Ross. 4. Start. 5. Whitmer. 6 Findlay 7. Sylvania Northview. 8. Notre Dame. 9. Springfield. 10 SUA. 11. Bowsher. 12. Tiffin Columbian. 13. Wapakoneta. 14. Sylvania Southview 15. Sandusky. 16. Ashland. 17. Wapakoneta. 18. Lima Senior 19. Clay 20. Bowling Green 21. Waite.

[/HEADING]
[HEADING=3]Hooper419

Active member​

Division 1 NW OHIO.
1. Anthony Wayne.

2. Perrysburg. 3. Fremont Ross. 4. Start. 5. Whitmer. 6 Findlay 7. Sylvania Northview. 8. Notre Dame. 9. Springfield. 10 SUA. 11. Bowsher. 12. Tiffin Columbian. 13. Wapakoneta. 14. Sylvania Southview 15. Sandusky. 16. Ashland. 17. Wapakoneta. 18. Lima Senior 19. Clay 20. Bowling Green 21. Waite.
Pretty much agree things will shake out but I put Springfield up there because they return 4 starters from a Regional final team so something to be said about that. Now not sure if Sigmon plays or focuses on indoor vball then that changes everything for them. Whitmer not having a great ball handler will hurt them against the better teams but three legitimate scorers will keep them in most games. If Denni was there still and they kept the freshman then I would put them higher. Is Baer playing at BG if so I would move them up a few spots. Will be interesting for the tournament draw using a new Max prep formula and how different it may be from Martin and then if/how well it will factor out of state teams (for the NDA and Sua's) and depending on success where it seeds them.

completely agree on BG.. If you happened to check out my NLL thread... If Baer plays, I have them ahead of Southview.. So 14th.. Without her that team is SOOOOOOOO bad though and I haven't heard anything to indicate she is coming back so I have them at 20 for now.

As for Springfield, Caruthers was so special, I think we will realize just how special with her absence and you're right Sigman was the heart of that team, if she doesn't play they are done. I think she enjoys basketball too much to sit out though. Battle and Hodges with Sigman could keep them relevant.. Not sure who the 4th starter was.. Agree on Whitmer. The loss of Denni hurts.... really bad. Who is the freshmen you speak of that left? Where did she go?

Also, I have one more wildcard question... Is Ryann Smith playing anywhere this year? She was a Super Soph at Central before being caught on video beating the snot out of that girl and getting kicked out last year.. Might she get a second chance somewhere this (senior) year? She would be a Dennis Rodman/Theo Ratliff type player wherever she goes... if she can play somewhere this year?

completely agree on BG.. If you happened to check out my NLL thread... If Baer plays, I have them ahead of Southview.. So 14th.. Without her that team is SOOOOOOOO bad though and I haven't heard anything to indicate she is coming back so I have them at 20 for now.

As for Springfield, Caruthers was so special, I think we will realize just how special with her absence and you're right Sigman was the heart of that team, if she doesn't play they are done. I think she enjoys basketball too much to sit out though. Battle and Hodges with Sigman could keep them relevant.. Not sure who the 4th starter was.. Agree on Whitmer. The loss of Denni hurts.... really bad. Who is the freshmen you speak of that left? Where did she go?

Also, I have one more wildcard question... Is Ryann Smith playing anywhere this year? She was a Super Soph at Central before being caught on video beating the snot out of that girl and getting kicked out last year.. Might she get a second chance somewhere this (senior) year? She would be a Dennis Rodman/Theo Ratliff type player wherever she goes... if she can play somewhere this year?
Yeah not sure on Baer but she moves them up if playing. KG was special no doubt but I think Springfield could make things interesting with their athleticism and experience. Forget the freshman's name but she's the daughter of Rhianna Miller and is probably top 3 best freshman in the area Washington Local kid that ended up at Start. I believe the Smith girl was a Sr last year so done.

True, but I think that's the other issue- what "good" coach in their right mind wants to go there? What's the incentive? You have to go through a complete rebuild which will take 3-5 years minimum, your two rival schools have been consistently way better than you and continue to bring in better talent every year,

This. I know of 2 well-known area coaches who had success as head coaches that were contacted by SUA to see if they had any interest in the job and both coaches essentially pointed to this reason.

Ever since coach Abbey (red hair, name wants to come to mind but stops short like many times these days :) ) left, Hoover has become a revolving door. ☹️
Aldering. She was Abby Moore when she went to The finals at Hoover as a player.

Banners hanging. Expectations high. Parents demanding… talent nowhere in site. Bad combo.

2. Heard Cori Stanley is already stepping down leaving Murnin as the head coach with all that talent. AyeCC can you confirm this?!?! Why???
All this talk about SUA basketball, but I haven't heard a peep about this since then. Anyone have any inside info?? This is a huge deal as Stanley was the perfect rehire to right the ship on Cherry St. Terry Murnen is now listed as head coach in The Blade preview.

All this talk about SUA basketball, but I haven't heard a peep about this since then. Anyone have any inside info?? This is a huge deal as Stanley was the perfect rehire to right the ship on Cherry St. Terry Murnen is now listed as head coach in The Blade preview.
This is pretty big news.

Stanley stepped down due to a very personal family matter that is infinitely larger than basketball.

That being said, Murnen and staff appear to have the girls in good hands.