Cincinnati Jobs

Walnut is part of the new CPS athletic director system where they "contract out" the AD positions to a company, and these AD's make about half of what any other AD makes. So I'm not sure how efficient the whole process will be
Uh - what? Is this a real thing?

All CPS schools are doing this?

Uh - what? Is this a real thing?

All CPS schools are doing this?

News release:
On July 1, Shauniece Steele will join Activities Beyond the Classroom as the new Athletic Director at Walnut Hills High School. Steele has been an Assistant Athletic Director at Walnut Hills since 2016, and was named SWOADA (Southwest Ohio Athletic Director Association) Middle School Athletic Director of Year for the 2020-21 school year.
Steve Ellison, previous Walnut Athletic Director, will be the new Athletic Director at Cincinnati College Preparatory Academy beginning July 1.

More here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wcpopreps/posts/2858610404433587/

I just looked up the company that does this (they are called ABC - Activities Beyond the Classroom). Did this company hire all new ADs for each school, or did the current ADs take less money to do this?

I just looked up the company that does this (they are called ABC - Activities Beyond the Classroom). Did this company hire all new ADs for each school, or did the current ADs take less money to do this?
This company hires the AD's, I'm not sure if the company pays them, and CPS contracts the company; or if CPS still pays the salary and this company does the legwork to hire.

Regardless, these AD's start in mid $30's-40's; counterparts at any other school will start at least double that

This company hires the AD's, I'm not sure if the company pays them, and CPS contracts the company; or if CPS still pays the salary and this company does the legwork to hire.

Regardless, these AD's start in mid $30's-40's; counterparts at any other school will start at least double that
Anyone who takes an AD job for $30,000-40,000 will be out of that job in 2 years---that works out to about a dime an hour. I can't imagine people would be interested in these deals with the number of sports to cover in a given school year.

ABC has been around for at least 10 years. Not sure how they operate though.

The
ABC has been around for at least 10 years. Not sure ho
There's 2 types of AD's now.
1) Career educators who progressively work their way up the ladder
2) non teachers/Sports admin majors who have a HARD time getting into the job as an AD because it's really hard to have someone take a chance on you when you havent worked with HS sports and dealt with parents as a coach and teacher for a decade+.

It's just not the same. If you coach and teach for 10-15 years before becoming an AD, i think you have a distinct advantage. Without that experience, you just don't know what you're getting into. And I think those folks without experience are the ones getting these "ABC" positions, that pay crap; because the highly qualified wont take a job that hectic and crazy for peanuts.

IMagne if you had a guy like Scott Kaufman(LW) or Chris Newtown(Anderson), etc at CPS...things would change really fast in perception of these schools becaise things would be done right and well. CPS takes the cheap route for AD's and are paying for it

Anyone who takes an AD job for $30,000-40,000 will be out of that job in 2 years---that works out to about a dime an hour. I can't imagine people would be interested in these deals with the number of sports to cover in a given school year.
I am told the AD at Walnut makes considerably more than that range, due to the fact that Walnut has over 90 different teams (7-12) that fall under the AD's umbrella. They offer teams in sports such as crew, water polo and rugby.

The

There's 2 types of AD's now.
1) Career educators who progressively work their way up the ladder
2) non teachers/Sports admin majors who have a HARD time getting into the job as an AD because it's really hard to have someone take a chance on you when you havent worked with HS sports and dealt with parents as a coach and teacher for a decade+.

It's just not the same. If you coach and teach for 10-15 years before becoming an AD, i think you have a distinct advantage. Without that experience, you just don't know what you're getting into. And I think those folks without experience are the ones getting these "ABC" positions, that pay crap; because the highly qualified wont take a job that hectic and crazy for peanuts.

IMagne if you had a guy like Scott Kaufman(LW) or Chris Newtown(Anderson), etc at CPS...things would change really fast in perception of these schools becaise things would be done right and well. CPS takes the cheap route for AD's and are paying for it
They actually created this program if I'm not mistaken to take AD salaries off the school books so that money could go back into funding the sports. Helps eliminate the pay to play.

I have a source who said Vickers is taking the job.
Me too, the West Clermont School Board agenda from May 23.
1654610341734.png

I saw on Twitter last week that Aiken hired Derrell Black.

former long time Hughes assistant, HC at Hughes for one season. This last season was asst. at Princeton

Walnut conducted interviews yesterday, I would expect a coach to be named really quick, possibly before they suit up this weekend.

Don’t believe it was posted in here yet,
New Richmond hired former McNick JV coach Eric Thompson to be their new head coach

Nope to the contrary. Walnut kids love Coach Holt, as he is the guy who they primarily work with in skills development.
All the news stories say he was on Walnut's 2013 team AND has been on the staff since 2013. No college? Just stepped right in immediately after graduation from Walnut?

According to CPS Employment Site, Shroder is looking for a coach again after a 1 and done.

Also Assuming Spencer Center’s program remains active they will be looking as well as Pat Cosgrove has accepted the job at South Dearborn (IN)

Actually Pac is a really good dude. I know a couple of his neighbors who speak very highly of him. I know he has done some dumb stuff, but he deserves a lot of credit for what he is doing with Chris Henry's kids.
I think Pac-Man is a good dude. I'm saying he brought some studs to WC.