Cincinnati Jobs

Walnut also had an issue 5-10 years ago bringing in MANY players who did NOT pass the test; they let them take the online school at another location, then were allowed to go to walnut for practice every day. The principal and AD both moved on quickly after this was found out.

A friend of mine(for Walnut grad from early 80s, I'd say) took a former PROMINENT Walnut Basketball player to lunch when he ran into him at the college he was playing at. They were talking, and the kid told him "Huh? We didn't have to take this class or that class, etc" Not all Walnut degrees are the same anymore; Walnut had been in a mercenary period of athletics; even in football; and if you recall, their new hot shot coach got forced out due to some past issues, as well...Walnut trying to get around the system to bring in whom they want, players or coaches.
The Digital Academy is / was a CPS created program. It allowed students to work online similar to many current college courses, but allowed them to play athletics at any CPS school. This program is commonly found in most larger urban public school systems. These kids got Digital Academy diplomas, not WHHS diplomas. The one "tweak" they have made over the last couple of years, is to force the Digital Academy students to play at their local neighborhood school. I don't think Walnut actually has a local neighborhood it's attached to, as most Walnut Hills residents attend Withrow. There was nothing done illegal by the old AD or principal, they just played by the rules established by CPS. Having a child in the Walnut JH system, I know all their kids are homegrown, meaning they started at Walnut during junior high. They have lost a couple of real difference makers, who attended JH at Walnut, but later attended GCL schools. However it's amazing how many kids are enrolled at Walnut now, that you don't have to live within Cincinnati proper. As I stated earlier I doubt that the Walnut job gets offered to anyone not in the Walnut/ CPS family.

The Digital Academy is / was a CPS created program. It allowed students to work online similar to many current college courses, but allowed them to play athletics at any CPS school. This program is commonly found in most larger urban public school systems. These kids got Digital Academy diplomas, not WHHS diplomas. The one "tweak" they have made over the last couple of years, is to force the Digital Academy students to play at their local neighborhood school. I don't think Walnut actually has a local neighborhood it's attached to, as most Walnut Hills residents attend Withrow. There was nothing done illegal by the old AD or principal, they just played by the rules established by CPS. Having a child in the Walnut JH system, I know all their kids are homegrown, meaning they started at Walnut during junior high. They have lost a couple of real difference makers, who attended JH at Walnut, but later attended GCL schools. However it's amazing how many kids are enrolled at Walnut now, that you don't have to live within Cincinnati proper. As I stated earlier I doubt that the Walnut job gets offered to anyone not in the Walnut/ CPS family.
Then why did walnut for YEARS ... and I don’t know if they still do, put the “hometown” of players on their high school
Roster; most of which were not in Cincinnati?

and that’s a fact

Walnut also had an issue 5-10 years ago bringing in MANY players who did NOT pass the test; they let them take the online school at another location, then were allowed to go to walnut for practice every day. The principal and AD both moved on quickly after this was found out.

A friend of mine(for Walnut grad from early 80s, I'd say) took a former PROMINENT Walnut Basketball player to lunch when he ran into him at the college he was playing at. They were talking, and the kid told him "Huh? We didn't have to take this class or that class, etc" Not all Walnut degrees are the same anymore; Walnut had been in a mercenary period of athletics; even in football; and if you recall, their new hot shot coach got forced out due to some past issues, as well...Walnut trying to get around the system to bring in whom they want, players or coaches.
Yep and and been happening at Walnut Hills apparently since 1895. Don’t think it will change now.

These hiring practices are a joke at So many schools. You have many Know it all people on many of these committees who have No F’ing clue. I’m really rooting for All these schools, but it has become a complete and Utterly disservice to many of these schools and communities.

Then why did walnut for YEARS ... and I don’t know if they still do, put the “hometown” of players on their high school
Roster; most of which were not in Cincinnati?

and that’s a fact
Wow you are reaching, a couple of kids my oldest son included, put the city in which they were born down as their hometown. A couple of kids who were born in Cincinnati put their neighborhood down as their hometown. They haven’t done this since around 2014 or 2015

I remember a few years back…maybe 4-5..being impressed with the Mt Healthy Coach…he was constantly teaching…talking to his players…seemed like he was building them up…Always liked Cass as well.

So it was posted on another thread. An AD told me he had heard a couple weeks ago that Leon may be on his way out... any other info?

Did you ever find the Caldwell to Lakota West tweet mentioned in that thread?
the tweet; no

I can't see him leaving. I think he still teaches in Colerain's district. If he wanted to coach in GMC, I'm sure he's had his chances there, the last few years.

As mentioned earlier though, weird year. Late openings. Few teams still coachless?

Some SBC's, Walnut. I guess Vickers is at WC. Leon, more Lakota West, I guess, would be a big eye opener.

It's kinda funny, when I was in HS in the 90s(I mean it's been 30 years) - Leon, VIckers, Kramer and Schoenfeld obviously. Who else still head coaching was head coaching in the 90s? WAIT! I just remembered another...Jutze! Was at Ripley in 90s, HC at Bethel again, now.
Price
Richards??

the tweet; no

I can't see him leaving. I think he still teaches in Colerain's district. If he wanted to coach in GMC, I'm sure he's had his chances there, the last few years.

As mentioned earlier though, weird year. Late openings. Few teams still coachless?

Some SBC's, Walnut. I guess Vickers is at WC. Leon, more Lakota West, I guess, would be a big eye opener.

It's kinda funny, when I was in HS in the 90s(I mean it's been 30 years) - Leon, VIckers, Kramer and Schoenfeld obviously. Who else still head coaching was head coaching in the 90s? WAIT! I just remembered another...Jutze! Was at Ripley in 90s, HC at Bethel again, now.
Price
Richards??
GCL Head Coaches usually only leave if/when they want. Most private school Coaches in general get more support from administrators and parents in my opinion.

GCL Head Coaches usually only leave if/when they want. Most private school Coaches in general get more support from administrators and parents in my opinion.
Exactly. Most public schools have too many people who think they are smarter then the process.

Exactly. Most public schools have too many people who think they are smarter then the process.
There are plenty of these at private schools as well. Local high school coaching searches have become more about keeping people in the ADs and Administrators corner than hiring the best coach.

I would expect existing staff members to coach the team through June, which lends to the notion that the hire will probably be "in house".

Walnut is part of the new CPS athletic director system where they "contract out" the AD positions to a company, and these AD's make about half of what any other AD makes. So I'm not sure how efficient the whole process will be