Cavs 2023-24

A shorthanded win over a team that has had their number. This will increase their chances of not being out of the playoffs after 19 games.

HUGH road win in NY with the bench coming thru,they all had to feel like a better team at the next practice…BAM!

This team's inconsistency is maddening. No direction or rhythm on offense. Typical Bickerstaff offense regardless of who they bring in. They'll improve but there are periods where they are just plain tough to watch. In the end the offense will never reach its potential with Bickerstaff in charge.

Yeah, for me the NBA regular season is waaaay down the list. The NFL, college football, NHL Columbus Blue Jackets, and college basketball all are much better to watch IMO.

I check the box scores. Way too many turnovers is the only thing of note that I see. Bad shooting night for Donovan - that is going to happen to anyone.

Nice win over the Warriors. Mitchell shows he has some stones going after numbnuts Draymond.

Cavs elimination from playoffs now pushed back to 12/3.

Draymond is such a buffoon. Nice to see the Cavs get a win, but it's even nicer knowing that the resident idiot won't post on this thread today.

I actually do agree with brian that Bickerstaff ain’t it. I think I mentioned this last year that he won’t be the one to get this young group over the hump. Great bottom out and rebuild it coach, not a get over the hump/make a deep run in the playoffs coach.

I actually do agree with brian that Bickerstaff ain’t it. I think I mentioned this last year that he won’t be the one to get this young group over the hump. Great bottom out and rebuild it coach, not a get over the hump/make a deep run in the playoffs coach.
I'll give him credit for getting them to play defense but the offense is all too often a muddled mess. They have too many offensive talents to be 20th or worse in league scoring average and that comes back to Bickerstaff.

Cavs went .500 on their west coast trip, losing to the 5th and 6th place teams in the western conference. Not a bad result.

Because everything in an 82 game NBA season is determined in the first 21 games.
That's right...I completely forgot that the season doesn't extend into 2024...thanks for clearing that up, lol. Honestly, just make the playoffs. I think Miami proved that last year.

Donovan Mitchell is out sunday.he can't play with injury.I not missed a day of work in 23 years.and not healthy at all.You play with pain; today nba is so soft.
I'm guessing you wash dishes for a living. Nothing wrong with that - it is honorable work. But you do not have to sprint, jump and pivot. Kind of need to be healthy to be an effective NBA player.

Cavs won their 3rd in a row by beating the NBA champion Nuggets. Led by as many as 26 and pulled it off with their best player out.
After LY I decided not to invest too much in the regular season with this team but did tune in to see how they would hold up against one of the better teams in the League. To me the big take away was this arguably Allen's best game in forever, he was +42 in the box score playing against a MVP type player. Where did that come from?

Also any takes on Craig Porter? Again small snap shot but the NBA is not known for 23 year old rookies making any kind of impact. I am sure the League will figure him out but if anything maybe he can be that perimeter jolt of energy when the starters are tired.

After LY I decided not to invest too much in the regular season with this team but did tune in to see how they would hold up against one of the better teams in the League. To me the big take away was this arguably Allen's best game in forever, he was +42 in the box score playing against a MVP type player. Where did that come from?

Also any takes on Craig Porter? Again small snap shot but the NBA is not known for 23 year old rookies making any kind of impact. I am sure the League will figure him out but if anything maybe he can be that perimeter jolt of energy when the starters are tired.
What a great find Porter has been. An undrafted free agent who can step in and not hurt the team. He has really helped out while Ricky Rubio works out his issues. On a team with no real PG after Garland, he's been a real asset.

Was at last night's game. Porter was impressive - quick off the dribble and fearless in the lane. Allen worked his off against Jokic - who really just tried to bully everyone around. Last night, Allen got the best of him (with some help from Tristan, who logged some good minutes off the bench).

Cavs win again … starting to play really good … and I hate the floors for whatever they call this “tournament”
Right? I watched my first NBA game of the season last night and thought I needed eye surgery for a burst blood vessel, or a new TV. Ugliest floor I have ever seen.

Last edited:
Was at last night's game. Porter was impressive - quick off the dribble and fearless in the lane. Allen worked his off against Jokic - who really just tried to bully everyone around. Last night, Allen got the best of him (with some help from Tristan, who logged some good minutes off the bench).
As I said, watched my first game of the year last night. Winning against Denver and @ Philly without Mitchell is super impressive. Also no LeVert last night.

Mobley and Allen are very good, Garland is special. Strus and Niang were good off-season pickups. But the kid who really impressed me was Porter. Rock-solid handling the ball, really quick and fearless. In a game that went to OT, the Cavs were +21 when he was on the floor. PLUS 21 !! No one else had a number close to that. Even when Mitchell and LeVert are back, this kids needs minutes off the bench.