Cavs 2023-24

Congrats to Collin Sexton on having the 6th most points in a preseason game against a Damian Lillard-less Trailblazers. Let’s just hand him an All Star appearance already!

Brian, you are literally too stupid to insult.

Two days from the opener. Looks like the starters should be Mitchell, Max Strus, Allen, Garland and Mobley. I'm hoping Strus and Niang can provide the type of minutes at the 3 that can help stretch the floor and improve the team. That will allow Okoro to focus on being a defensive stopper in a limited role. I'm also hoping the Knicks experience in the playoffs brings them a little more testicular fortitude.

Two days from the opener. Looks like the starters should be Mitchell, Max Strus, Allen, Garland and Mobley. I'm hoping Strus and Niang can provide the type of minutes at the 3 that can help stretch the floor and improve the team. That will allow Okoro to focus on being a defensive stopper in a limited role. I'm also hoping the Knicks experience in the playoffs brings them a little more testicular fortitude.
It’s a young team that is another year older, and hopefully wiser.

Trade him. He wasn't worth the draft pick.

I suspect old Isaac and his team are overvaluing a guy whose "skill set" allowed 5 Knicks to cover 4 Cavs for last year's playoffs. I like him as a defensive presence off of the bench but I can call someone up from Canton to provide that single dimension.

Nice win with the star they traded for making the clutch winning shot (unlike the guy the Browns traded for who seldom plays and when he does plays poorly).

Anyone else feel like overreacting after the first game?

Good: Strus is the missing piece as the spacer the Cavs need and Mitchel is pure clutch.

Bad: Mobley may have hit his offensive ceiling and Levert takes the year off after signing his extension.

I still stand by my post-playoff loss wish that the Cavs move Garland and Allen, but only if the return is worth it of course. They are both made of glass and can’t be counted on to be healthy when you need them, especially Allen.

Cavs year about 42 wins.mitchell trade was awful.Lauri collin on my fantasy basketball team.
1) Your fantasy team is in trouble
2) You keep hounding on the Mitchell trade yet have never acknowledged the worst Cleveland trade in recent history. Mitchell is an All-Star. Your hero Watson is a dud through 1.5 years and $90 M of his contract
3) Markannen would be lucky to play 25 minutes a game here as he's not a 3 or a 5 and at best would split time with Mobley. Sexton is a backup guard
4) In a study of players who were NBA All-Stars from 2018 to 2021, the average games missed in 2021 was 28 games. Garland has played 68 and 69 games the last two years. Mitchell- 67 and 68. That's far from soft
5) The Cavs will win 50 to 55 games

Looks like Okoro has found a shot, at least for the first half tonight. Cavs hanging in there despite being down 2 starters.

Excuses next man up.it a baD team.Mitchell trade all time failure.deshaun only one worse.
This 2nd half has been rough, but, you are down 2 starters, 1 of which is a big scorer, as well as a key bench player. Knicks should be doing this based on that

The concerning part is despite the players out, it looks eerily familiar to what I watched in person to end the season last year