Can Faithful Catholics Vote for Biden/Harris?

How’s he going to feel about the devils bargain his children are making? There’s no scriptural support for what evangelical Christians are doing with Trump.
What Devil's bargain?

Trump is immoral but his appointments to the bench are not.

How do you square your argument to open up the economy and acceptable death from a pandemic with the economic benefit of abortion?
Economic benefit of Abortion? There is no such thing. There is no benefit to killing an unborn child.

If you are a high risk individual (to Covid) there are things you can do to mitigate that risk. Keeping the economy closed is far more dangerous to far more people than opening it.

The idea of dinging one candidate over the other, while picking and choosing which sin is more egregious is laughable.

My2sense is the biggest charleton on this site. Using the Catholic Religion as a crutch while pulling the lever for a gluttonous, lying, cheating, aborting, pro-capital punishment, self serving POS.
you are the biggest charleton. Happy, Harry, ProV etc just dont know any better. you understand perfectly what the left is doing to this country and still cant wait to pull the lever for the Dems.

Evangelical Christians are engaged in a giant devils bargain with Trump. They’ve elected an ungodly leader who represents few if any leadership qualities exemplified in the Bible. In exchange he gives them a few trinkets of policy they want. Most of all he soothes their fears about their diminishing power in American society. Historically these types of arrangements usually end up with both sides in flames.
so you want to become a theocracy? I don't elect a president to be my moral leader, I elect them to enact policies I believe are best for the country. it requires pragmatism, there are people of many faiths and even no faith.

its why being a single issue voter is ill conceived.

False. There are other candidates on the ballot you’re just beholden to the two party system.
we all are. Republicans and Democrats determine the direction of the country. but you are certainly within your rights to make a merely symbolic vote for someone else.

Can a sincere, practicing Catholic vote for them in good conscience?
Yes.

I'm not Catholic so I'm asking - can a sincere Catholic believer vote for the most pro-choice ticket ever?
Hard to think of this as the "most pro-choice ticket ever" but then again it's become a 'who cares?' for many American Catholics.

Biden can't be served communion for his decades long pro-abortion support
Uh, yes he can?

and Harris mocked Kavanaugh's faith and assailed the Knights of Columbus.
I don't remember Sen. Harris mocking Kavanaugh's Catholicism, but regardless Kavanaugh is so deeply unpopular with many Americans that I'm not sure what your rub on this is? And LOL @ "assailed the Knights of Columbus" - the KofC has become obsolete over the past generation for many mainstream Catholics that they're nothing more than a tavern and hosts of fish fries. I suppose I see the argument that she did "assail" the KofC, but that likely doesn't change anyone's opinion of her.

Trump claimed to be anti abortion and just served as president for four years and appointed two Supreme Court justices. Have abortion laws changed? If Biden wins and appointed one justices it will be status quo. Obviously it is an emotional issue but for the life of me I can't figure out why people vote on a single issue the elected official doesn't have the power to impact either way.
Most fellow Catholics I know, many of whom are particularly conservative, have resigned themselves to the fact that Roe is unlikely to be overturned, at least for the remainder of the Roberts court. It doesn't really matter to them that it hasn't, because state legislatures have made abortion access difficult.

you are the biggest charleton. Happy, Harry, ProV etc just dont know any better. you understand perfectly what the left is doing to this country and still cant wait to pull the lever for the Dems.
With all the flaws Trump has you still cast stones from your glass house.

I've had my own battles with Happy, Harry, ProV and many others and unlike you I understand that this is a debate forum and much like this great country it would be a nightmare if we all agreed on everything.

We all want the same thing but believe different ways of getting there.

Take it easy Francis.

Most fellow Catholics I know, many of whom are particularly conservative, have resigned themselves to the fact that Roe is unlikely to be overturned, at least for the remainder of the Roberts court. It doesn't really matter to them that it hasn't, because state legislatures have made abortion access difficult.
I would generally agree with that assessment

Economic benefit of Abortion? There is no such thing. There is no benefit to killing an unborn child.

If you are a high risk individual (to Covid) there are things you can do to mitigate that risk. Keeping the economy closed is far more dangerous to far more people than opening it.
The number of unwanted babies would have no impact on the economy? Additional funding for child services, and government assistance etc? Guess you are also ok with higher taxes?

farley kamala harris remember when you said believed biden sexual accusers and hes racist awesome

Reactions: y2h
Roe doesn't need to be overturned to do a lot of good. Roe allows for the regulation of abortions in the second trimester, to some extent, and the third trimester to a greater extent. If we could limit or outlaw late term abortions, partial birth abortions and post abortion infanticide, that would be a great win and would be consistent with the position of over 80% of the American people. But the extremists position of the Democratic Party is free abortions any time, for any reason and including post abortion murder of babies who survive botched abortions.

The number of unwanted babies would have no impact on the economy? Additional funding for child services, and government assistance etc? Guess you are also ok with higher taxes?
I'd imagine they would have a positive impact as they become workers and pay taxes.

Interesting that you assume otherwise.