Can Faithful Catholics Vote for Biden/Harris?

I know...the truth hurts sometimes. I was raised a catholic but not devout. The cover ups pretty much sealed the deal for me.
Acting like it's the norm is typical for non Catholics , but that isn't the case.

I didn't like the cover ups either but I'm smart enough to know there are bad people in every profession. I know plenty of great priests who were appalled at the abuses too

Acting like it's the norm is typical for non Catholics , but that isn't the case.

I didn't like the cover ups either but I'm smart enough to know there are bad people in every profession. I know plenty of great priests who were appalled at the abuses too
It was systemic and not isolated to a few “bad apples”.

No one has said it was. There were, probably still are, terrible people within the church. The decisions made by the leadership where completely wrong, wrt to the abuse.

Na. It was just reported on tirelessly by liberal outlets who hate organized religion. Not a big surprise that you fell for it. You often regurgitate liberal talking points on here which have been disproven. Like Trump saying there are good people on both sides acting like he was sympathetic to white supremacists for example.

The abuse was more widely talked about in the liberal media. But it isn't systemic at all There are bad people in any job. I can agree covering it up was terrible and it wasn't just 2 or 3 people overall. But no I don't agree that proportionally it was way out there

I love how some pick and choose what makes you a good Catholic or a Christian in general for that matter.

If we were voting based solely on Religion I'm unsure how we could vote for anyone short of Mother Teresa.
I don't see the debate as being a good Christian.
It is a debate of "can a good Christian support an abortion platform"?

American catholic’s support abortion by a 53-47 margin in the last years annual ewtn polling. Like most issues in the church it has a wide and diverse array of opinion on doctrine. Will some of the hard liners use this as justification? Sure, but these people were already Trump voters. The bulk of the Catholic base is unlikely to disqualify Biden based on his support for abortion imo.
But they do not support partial birth, late term, federally financed, and post birth infanticide, as Biden/Harris do. In fact the American people, regardless of faith are opposed to Biden's policies by a large majority.

No it is not.

He has certainly acted pro life politically.
Politically is the keyword. He’s a well known pssy hound, it’s hard to believe he never had a mistress get knocked up. And I’m not shaming him, but you’ve got to use common sense

Politically is the keyword. He’s a well known pssy hound, it’s hard to believe he never had a mistress get knocked up. And I’m not shaming him, but you’ve got to use common sense
Yes, he is a despicable human being.

I didn't vote for him to be a moral role model. I voted for him to enact Conservative policies. He has done that with the exception of fiscally.

Reactions: y2h
The idea of dinging one candidate over the other, while picking and choosing which sin is more egregious is laughable.

My2sense is the biggest charleton on this site. Using the Catholic Religion as a crutch while pulling the lever for a gluttonous, lying, cheating, aborting, pro-capital punishment, self serving POS.
Yeah, Trump is scum but his policies matter more.

Of course not. But you do not get to run with abortion and leave capital punishment to the wayside. My2sense just being disingenuous as usual.
There's a monumental difference between capital punishment for a Murderer and killing an unborn baby.

You can't seriously be equating the two.

Flawed.

What do you do when you find out years later that your priest molested your child and that the Catholic Church, with all its BS doctrine, actually knew about it and simply moved the POS to another town to molest again.

But yeah, since Joe is pro choice I'll PICK that doctrine as my voting guide. Lol
You hold the men accountable for their actions and understand that it isn't the faith that is flawed but rather the men.

He will certainly hold us accountable for our actions, including voting for abortion rights politicians.

How’s he going to feel about the devils bargain his children are making? There’s no scriptural support for what evangelical Christians are doing with Trump.

So they should vote for Biden?

They should be voting for someone who practices Christian principles. Neither Trump nor Biden meet that criteria well enough imo. I don’t expect perfection from a leader but I expect better than both these two.

They should be voting for someone who practices Christian principles. Neither Trump nor Biden meet that criteria well enough imo. I don’t expect perfection from a leader but I expect better than both these two.
So they shouldn't vote then? Because these are the only 2 options.

There's a monumental difference between capital punishment for a Murderer and killing an unborn baby.

You can't seriously be equating the two.

How do you square your argument to open up the economy and acceptable death from a pandemic with the economic benefit of abortion?