BS Sucks!

As nearly as I can tell three people who wont show at a meeting to voice their concerns dont like us. I believe if you read post #52 you'll find where you attacked Swanz, who basically said (post 50) that he doesn't give a rats --- if you like him or not. Now lets be real clear. I dont like you and I dont respect your opinion. If you want to talk about this like a man Im not a hard person to find. Otherwise just drop the damned topic already.

So, we're probably going to actually do the whole behind the stands thing this week. I think there'll be an announcement over the PA but I'm not sure. Just remember, seniors get priority seating in playoff games since any game could be their last and if you want to get a good seat come early and get towards the front of the crowd.

ok.... weither or not the bomb squad sucks doesn't matter. whats important is that we figure out a way to be effective in our cheering because to be honest. the ss seems boring. so if ur not gonna pay attention to the bomb squad or think they suck step up an do something urself. bomb squad. get together work on some stuff. i have noticed that the only cheers u all start are the common oooo or other simple cheers. get creative.

A few people decided they didn't want to go along so they just sat in the student section any way. After that we just decided that if people were going to make it difficult, it wasn't fair for the people who actually wanted to go along with it to lose their seats to non-cooperative people and we just cut the tape to let everyone in.

It's the same people who've been fighting the BS since week 1. I don't want to name names or make it sound like it was completely their fault. It's in the past now, just forget about it. It was a pretty weak thing to do but nothing can be done about it now so let's just focus on GE.

I have to say, the BS was great today. The additions of Hickey and Logan make it much better. They are able to come up with numerous funny cheers on the spot and the SS respects them. The part that was lacking though was the SS. There were plenty of cheers, but nobody was really cheering them. I think the problem though was the SS was way to tall. Instead of moving over to the new section, kids were almost at the top of the stands. And when you're that far away from the BS, it's really hard to cheer. So next week, we need to make sure that we are 2 sections wide, instead of 1 tall section.

WestSideBomber said:
I have to say, the BS was great today. The additions of Hickey and Logan make it much better. They are able to come up with numerous funny cheers on the spot and the SS respects them. The part that was lacking though was the SS. There were plenty of cheers, but nobody was really cheering them. I think the problem though was the SS was way to tall. Instead of moving over to the new section, kids were almost at the top of the stands. And when you're that far away from the BS, it's really hard to cheer. So next week, we need to make sure that we are 2 sections wide, instead of 1 tall section.

I agree with just about every thing you said. Logan and Kevin help a lot with thinking up new cheers. I didn't think the SS really lacking, I think they did a pretty good job. Nippert is kind of a bad environment for cheering because not only are the sections really deep and not wide, but the security guards are completely anal about kids in the aisles, standing on bleachers, and their sacred brick wall.

by far the best job the B.S. has done all year...although there still are a couple of kids who have no idea what they are doing and just stare off into space...but w/e its good...lets get pumped for colerain!!

when we do the back row cheer...once you stand aren't we suppose to coninue to cheer with the other rows as they stand...b/c it is suppose to get louder and louder as we get closer to the field??...

stxbomber43 said:
when we do the back row cheer...once you stand aren't we suppose to coninue to cheer with the other rows as they stand...b/c it is suppose to get louder and louder as we get closer to the field??...
Yes...I was amazed by the freshman and sophomore's stupidity at today's game...Bomber Pilots said everyone knew that cheer...guess not.

I also noticed something at the game today as i was coming back from the consessions, the freshmen/sophomores do not cheer AT ALL in the back of the student section. They pretty much just stand there picking their butts. Our student section would be twice as loud if we could get them to stop being such ------- and cheer a little.

We definitly have to have a pep rally on friday. We haven't had a REAL one all year (I know we had that other one, but that was terrible) and this week would be the perfect time to begin.

We need to have a pep rally just because half of the people (mostly freshmen) who were sitting in the back of SS didn't even know how to cheer!

I suggest, the Pilot's and Navigators Address the issue if at all possible in Homeroom monday or Tuesday. I am not sure if we're having a pep or not, but If Pilots and Navigators can talk to them even if for three minutes, it'll help out. You may not realize it, But doing that will actually have a big effect on the issue, probably not as much as an awesome Pep Rally would, but it'll still help. I for one, Will be talkin about it Monday to My Sophomores. If Others could do the same it'll make the SS so much louder at the Colerain game!

I have to say I was a doubter of the BS as the season began, but I think Saturday they did a good job. At this point we're not going for style points, just be loud. Also, the top row cheer is the best cheer in our arsenal IMO. I remember last year at the state game that was unreal.

I say said:
i dont think another attempt at a football pep really should be made for the rest of the year
If the student body would cheer and respond, I think Friday could have the potential to be the best pep rally ever at St. X...if you arn't pumped on Friday, something is wrong with you. (Disclaimer: I don't even know if there will be a pep rally.)