BS Sucks!

reXkwondo12 said:
I don't have any problems with Koopman and Reardon(sp) and Nordyke.

who do you have problems with, aside from the noted serber and swanson, which most everyone seems to have a problem with.

I'm not saying I have problems with anyone, just sayin the ones I think should stay regardless are those 3. It seems like they don't take it too serious like the others.

Man who cares, let it go. The bomb squad may suck, but just be loud at the games. The BS doesn't really care if you do their cheers, just be loud. I am so tired of seeing this crap who really cares that much to get onto yappi and bash cheerleaders. Let it go, just root for the team and if the bomb squad really bothers you that much, they will be done in 5 weeks or something like that anyway.

complaining for the sake of complaining isn't necessary. you have something to say to the bombsquad? have a complaint or suggestion or anything relevant to their matters? go ----in talk to them then. whining on an online forum will only get you so far. if you're not willing to approach them and try to figure things out, then you aren't worthy of complaining in the first place.

Well, at the St. Ignatius game, the cheering was so-so...as usual, there was a nice group of Seniors who were intense the whole game through, even without being bolstered by the rowers, who were at a regatta in Indiana. I was on the Sophomore-Freshman side of the Student Section, and they really got into it at certain points, and at other points seemed pretty flat. Seeing this, I actually went up in the stands most of the third quarter, and got them (at least for the third quarter) to cheer well.

I hadn't heard anything about the other side being told not to cheer, but if that's the case, then whoever is saying these things should really just not come to a game. Really, we are there to cheer the team on...you don't think that they will be disheartened if they come off the field after a hard series and see a student section sitting down with people telling others not to cheer? That will take the heart right out of the team. If we wanna go all the way and win another state title, we need to put aside any differences with whoever it may be and just cheer. As much as some say to the contrary, I believe the Student Section really does help the team (in spirit, as well as in quantifiable means i.e. false starts that always happen in front of our Student Section), and we need to really keep cheering to help the team.

In my opinion, sitting down and telling others to cheer is insulting the school, and telling the football team that you really don't care about them.

Came to my first game this year against Iggy and was trying to see if the Bombsquad was as bad as I have heard. But I didnt even see them, I was right behind the student section, were they even there? Student section in general seemed really quiet, have they put even more restrictions on what cheers you guys can use? I guess it was a saturday afternoon game also, kinda puts a damper on things.

The offencive team benches are right infront of the SS which keeps us within about 10 to 15 feet of the wall usually so we can only see the front half of the SS at home. The only time most of the fans would see us is when the offence is on the field and we were standing back. Of course when the offence is on the field we dont want to be loud enough to distract them so cheering is mostly inbtw plays.

Sorry but for anybody who didn't realize it, I just started this thread to get all this discussion onto one thread instead of all over our forum. Just wanted to say this as I've gotten 3 PMs since yesterday asking me why I started this thread.

so, i was just looking at the pictures from the game on saturday and i noticed that our student section was ridiculously small...whats with that...?!?!?!?!...

saturday afternoon game. rowers all out of town. Xcountry out of town. golf out of town. people work on Saturday afternoon 'cuz they want off for friday nights... its to be expected with a game thats competing for air time with all of those events plus college football (for recent alums that might keep them at home)

would you like to explain that comment... or just leave it how it is... either way I cant see it turning out to be all that revealing or at all interesting

XtremeXFan said:
would you like to explain that comment... or just leave it how it is... either way I cant see it turning out to be all that revealing or at all interesting

With the way talks are on here your class sounds divided. When I graduate we never had such hate for one another.

RXlandfill said:
With the way talks are on here your class sounds divided. When I graduate we never had such hate for one another.
I don't hate anyone at all...it seems to me though that just some people have it out for others, for what reasons I don't know...and because of this all this bickering goes on.

This thing called college. I had visits in three college eight hours away, hence the silence these last couple days. I just got back, how did the iggy game go? Howard gave me the football side of it, stats and such, what was the ss like?

well lets see, A third of the SS decided it'd be funnier to Yell at our own coaches while they're trying to do their job, then 4 of them just sat down, which, I don't care HOW much you hate the BS, You could LOATHE us for all I care, but Sitting down when Your on the frontline should be an act of heresy!

I have no idea why you all hate me (me being swanson), there must be some innate hate button that's pressed when A kid wear's printed Tee's to school or something. lol. Seriously, to be honest with all of you here, you can hate me however much you want, cuz I know who's legit and who's just talking ---- by now. Go on, ramble away all you hate. It's not gonna accomplish anything. Have a nice day! ;)

:thumb:

that's pretty sick that people were yelling stuff to X coaches.

and just a follow up to the question about the SS being small saturday, there was no mixer following saturday's game in addition to all the other reasons mentioned.

Quit saying that everyone hates you, you've played that card enough. People are just embarrassed that you represent our school on the sidelines, it's no more than that. Step up and start some cheers and stop worrying about it.

XtremeXFan said:
Personally I would be a lot more embarrassed if you were representing our school.

Oh my gosh I'm so offended.. everyone loathes me and thinks I don't deserve to live.

Oh wait, thats not true and I'm not going to make a big deal about someone dissing me on the internet. You should try it..

This time last year i was saying i'd be embarassed if those kids were representing us, this time this year, you are representing us. WOO HOO

XtremeXFan said:
bf55 i believe you were first to diss Swanz.
STXB07 & RXKD12 i am better than you... get over it

Show me where I dissed "Swanz".. I don't even know him.

And my point wasn't that I'm not dissing anyone (I'll diss you all I want).. it's that you need to stop playing the "everyone hates us for no reason" card. People just don't think you should be on the field starting cheers, that doesn't mean they hate you.